Robotech: Shadow Rising in 2009

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Fyrpower
Explorer

Robotech: Shadow Rising in 2009

Unread post by Fyrpower »

Anyone else spot this on wikipedia?? It's supposed to be the sequal to Shadow Chronicles and to be released in 2009!
"Arrogance is a poor man's confidence"

"Only when I lose myself with someone else, that I find I myself"

"You eat to live, not live to eat!"
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Dairugger XV wrote:Quick question, does Wikipedia cite another source for this information, and is that source reputable? If not, it's best to not believe anything written on Wikipedia.

Don't know about the wiki article but posted this over a year ago.

Harmony Gold Starts Work on Shadow Chronicles Sequel

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

Jmacq1 wrote:Yep, Harmony Gold is definitely working on a sequel. They've been mildly hush-hush about it aside from the title and the projected release date of 2009. I suspect of course that we'll hear a lot more as the release draws near. It sounds like Harmony Gold fished around to see if anyone wanted to pick up TSC as a regular series, but either nobody bit or the details just couldn't get worked out, so they're going for another movie.

Why do I suddenly have the feeling that the "Shadow Chronicles Sourcebook" won't show up until this movie? ;)

Considering the next main series sourcebook isn't even projected until 'Summer 2008', I'd say it's very likely that it won't show up till a while after.
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-meh-
I have the new book (for what it's worth).
I have all my old books.
So I'm not really worried one way or other.
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

True. Even if nothing else is ever printed, all you have to do is compare the changes in statistics in the mecha and equipment presented to find the change in the mecha and equipment you want to use. At least it will give an idea.

I really do hope more comes soon though, both movies and RPG books. I really want to see more. I love the world of Robotech.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Who knows maybe they'll release the DVDs next year too! We can only hope! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Aramanthus wrote:Who knows maybe they'll release the DVDs next year too! We can only hope! :D

Though I would not hold my breath. If they had trouble like the last one, it might be longer till it comes out. Though like you said, we can always hope. And maybe they will do better on movie from the last one. I am not saying the last one was bad, but it could have been better. Hopely they will improve, is all I am saying.
Aramanthus
Monk

I have to keep my belief that they'll have the movie out on time!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Aramanthus wrote:I have to keep my belief that they'll have the movie out on time!

I am tring too, I just do not put big odds on it happening. Though I still hope it happens. If they do not run into the problems they had before, then the chance of it coming out on time will be a lot higher, so hopefully they learned from the last one and things will go a lot smother this time around.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Maybe, just maybe....just for ONCE...somebody will pad the estimate on a new project, JUST so they can look like baddasses when they get it out AHEAD of announced schedule...

"OMG! They finished it ALREADY!??!"
"Well, we figured you fans deserved it for the positive feedback you've been giving us, so we put in overtime"(grin)
"Well, by gosh, I'm going to buy more of your stuff! I'll tell my friends! I'll buy stock! I'll PRE-ORDER!!!"

...Okay, a brief fantasy...

Then, again, maybe KS could have taken a tip from LotR and has been writing the follow-up sourcebook in parallel with the main book... :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
tgunner91
Explorer

I wouldn't sweat it

Unread post by tgunner91 »

Palladium is usually good to its word. When Robotech first came out back in the '80s they cranked them out pretty quickly. Book 1 Macross was the first and core book, then within about a year Palladium put out the next three books: RDF Manual, Zentraedi, and then Southern Cross. Granted, the second two were pretty lite with content and weren't full blown sourcebooks... Palladium still got them out quickly. They finally got Invid Invasion out about 6 months to a year after that.

Remember- Kevin has a lot of this material done already! Two out of the three books Palladium has said is coming out have already been done- like twenty years ago! I imagine that Kevin and company will rehash a lot of the old materials, toss in some updated materials (hopefully with some restatted mecha and a boat load of corrections and ommissions), and fill out the books with new materials, adventures, and art work. I would think that we will see the Macross book next (or perhaps the Shadow Chronicles book) and then we will probably see them out every six months until the first series is done (ie the books in the advert in the back of SC).

I could be wrong, but I think that Kevin already has a lot of this stuff done and is playtesting, cleaning up, and penning some new materials for the books. I don't think that a new book every six months is unreasonable! Expecially given Palladium's financial condition and need to support other product lines.

Just be patient and take the time to get to know the new book! Write some cool ideas down and share them. Check other websites for information too! That will give you new materials to play with until the next book comes out.

You have to admit, the Robotech rpg's future is looking rather promising!
Aramanthus
Monk

We have to hope that there won't be any more strikes that effect production. I'm sure PB and HG will work together quickly to get source books to us.

HH....FIE

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”