Beyond the Supernatural setting books?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ghost2020
Adventurer

Beyond the Supernatural setting books?

Unread post by ghost2020 »

Would you buy one shot books based on a specific setting to be used with Beyond the Supernatural being the 'core' book?

Alternate world settings that detail:

-Some sorty of spirit/ghost apocalypse

-Alien infestation via parasite type of intelligence

-People with psi powers running around causing trouble

-Vampire hunters, etc.

These settings would deviate from the "norm" in BtS, but would allow for some neat one off settings.

Does that sound like something that would be of interest?
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

BtS is very flexible setting-wise.

I enjoy seeing how others use it.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Re: Beyond the Supernatural setting books?

Unread post by Vidynn »

ghost2020 wrote:Would you buy one shot books (...) Does that sound like something that would be of interest?

no, I would not. What I want is books for the main setting. Arcanum, Tome, Scenarios, and World Books. As soon as PB published those, I dont care. :D
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Unread post by count zero »

ghost2020 wrote:Would you buy one shot books based on a specific setting to be used with Beyond the Supernatural being the 'core' book?

Sure, but it would depend on the setting.

ghost2020 wrote:Alternate world settings that detail:

-Some sorty of spirit/ghost apocalypse

-Alien infestation via parasite type of intelligence

-People with psi powers running around causing trouble

-Vampire hunters, etc.

Not really, maybe, has potential, no.

If there were alternate setting books, it's more likely I would cherry-pick ideas that I thought were cool and integrate into my existing campaign than run a self-contained campaign in the book's setting.

Ø
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

ash_wednesday wrote:I always wanted to do a Si-Fi setting for BTS. Maybe in the future, there would be a space station orbiting around a moon. In the station they are doing research on werewolves and how the full moon (or lunor effect) effects the werewolves. And of course something happens and the werewolves escape and over run the station. The heroes try to escape. Kind of like Alien 4 but with werewolves.
Have you read Lem's Solaris?
I always wanted to try space exploration and BtS, too.
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

ash_wednesday wrote:Would aliens from different planets have myths about supernatural monsters as well and if so, would they be real in the game as well?
Sure. :)

ash_wednesday wrote:Think about a planet overrun by zombies and the crew crash landed on the planet....
I love this idea. The potential for discovery awesome. We've done similar things. Geographically it's huge but it still contains the story in something small, which is essential, I think.
Natasha
Champion

Unread post by Natasha »

ash_wednesday wrote:Watching the movie Event Horizon, can inspire ypu to make more Si-Fi ideas for BTS. A space Ship that is possesed. Or how about an abandon star ship floating in space, that is haunted by ghosts of aliens?

Mond you you don't want to go overboard with the supernatural in space like Phase World where a spaceship is crew by a bunch of high tech demons. Just keep the demons and monsters the same way as BTS. Almost the same level of IQ as dogs or something, sneaking around in the shadows.
Again, we're containing the scope into something small and ultimately inescapable, at least not easily. This is the same thing as a deeeeep forest, for example. It's a great BtS setting.

Great idea :ok:

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”