Macross Frontier

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Macross Frontier

Unread post by MacrossManual »

It's interesting to see how conservative the fan service is in Macross Frontier compared to the Macross shows of ages past. There's been no obligatory panty shots or nudity so far and no sign of the now-cliched "shower sequence". The fan service in Macross Frontier has been quite mild so far, especially in comparison to shows like Neon Genesis Evangelion which was practically swimming in it. It's funny, but there's actually less fan service in Macross Frontier than there is in the new Battlestar Galactica :)

I'm really interested in the capabilities of the Macross Quarter. The ship appears littered with guns and turrets and looks like it's designed in much the same way as the original SDF-1 Macross. I wonder if the ship has a super dimension energy cannon like the Macross class vessels. The only thing that has me kinda mystified is the size of the ship. According to the Macross Compendium entry for the Macross Quarter the ship is one-quarter the size of the current Macross Class ships. if the current Macross class ships are still the same size as the old New Macross Class Colonization Ship, then the Macross Quarter is just under 400 meters long. That would make the ship roughly the same size as the Guantanamo Class Stealth Carrier or the same size as the original ARMD Class Space Carriers. But I suppose the Macross Quarter is a dedicated combat craft and could be made for more maneuverability. Since it's also a new class of ship, it likely benefits from new, more efficient technology that could be much smaller.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Spoiler:

Well at least we know Ranko's age now and know that what's his name, sorry do not remeber it, is not robing the cradle.
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Darkmax wrote:As I have been complaining, we have yet to see the main ship the title is named after. And considering its look in the OP, the "main gun" is already very different from the New Macross Class Colonization Ship. That weapon looks like a tuning fork.

BTW, noticed that one side of the forward section is a launch pad while the other is something else? I think that might be a weapon. Anyone thinks the Quarter can transform? Personally, I can't see all the parts in humanoid mode.

Actually, now that I look at the "attack" mode more closely and think about your observation, the Macross Quarter's right-hand arm looks like the classic Zentradi heavy converging energy beam cannon. In "carrier" mode it's the forward one piece section of the ship and then in "attack" mode it splits right down the horizon line of the hull, just like the Quiltra-Quelamitz main gun or the Nupeteit-Vergnitzs main gun (DYRL version). That just has to be what it is! That's actually quite a clever take on the super dimension cannon. I hope I'm right :)
Alpha 11
Palladin

Darkmax wrote:you mean Princess Alto.... :D

Ya him.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

MacrossManual wrote:
Darkmax wrote:As I have been complaining, we have yet to see the main ship the title is named after. And considering its look in the OP, the "main gun" is already very different from the New Macross Class Colonization Ship. That weapon looks like a tuning fork.

BTW, noticed that one side of the forward section is a launch pad while the other is something else? I think that might be a weapon. Anyone thinks the Quarter can transform? Personally, I can't see all the parts in humanoid mode.

Actually, now that I look at the "attack" mode more closely and think about your observation, the Macross Quarter's right-hand arm looks like the classic Zentradi heavy converging energy beam cannon. In "carrier" mode it's the forward one piece section of the ship and then in "attack" mode it splits right down the horizon line of the hull, just like the Quiltra-Quelamitz main gun or the Nupeteit-Vergnitzs main gun (DYRL version). That just has to be what it is! That's actually quite a clever take on the super dimension cannon. I hope I'm right :)

The top forward arm (as you are looking at the screen shot) on the status board looks to have a good potion of the forward weaponry, taking a look at the ship from the animation it looks to be another flat top or stylized to take the appearance.. While the bottom forward arm looks to be the flat top of a aircraft carrier, with three elevators and two catapults. Looking at the animation artwork it is in the shape of a wet navy flattop. Together they look like the two sides to a Reflex main cannon. The SMS's Frontier fighting ship look like a simplified sdf-1 or a macross cannon type ship. After the incident with Macross7 colony fleet they must of added additional ships of the line to the fleet complements. While these ships of the line seam to be docked with the main hub of the colony, letting the smaller ships do the day to day patrols. What I'm thinking is that the SMS corp is in possession of one of them as a why of giving them a base, while the government gets to out-source the maintenance costs.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

drewkitty ~..~ and Darkmax
I agree, the Macross Quarter arms do look reminiscent of the old aircraft carriers on the SDF-1 Macross. The right arm has design lineage of a Daedalus while the left arm is very much like the Prometheus aircraft carrier, only much more similar to the space carriers of Macross 7. I have no idea what a reflex gun is, but I remain convinced that the Macross Quarter has been designed in homage to the original SDF-1 Macross, only newer and much smaller. Having said that, I don't think the top rear booms are guns like the old Macross ship. I remain convinced the Macross Quarter has only a single super dimension energy cannon and that's housed in the right forward section of the ship (which becomes the right arm in "attack" mode). The right arm splits like a Zentradi heavy converging energy beam gun and that's the main gun.

In this way the Macross Quarter's gun becomes an homage to both the original series (with an energy beam collecting between the two split sections) and an homage to Macross 7 (where the New Macross Class had a single gun fired from the right arm). I'd bet that's it :)
Last edited by MacrossManual on Tue May 13, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

I think you've misinterpreted what I've described Darkmax. I do believe the ship in your signature is the "attack" mode of the Macross Quarter. In fact, I think there can be little debate on that subject. The "attack mode" ship at the end of the Frontier OP has the same bridge and arms as the Macross Quarter (especially telling is the right arm) and the colors match the Macross Quarter. Also, you'll note the Macross 25/Battle 25 attached to the big Island 1 looks very much like the New Macross Class. Watch the beginning of Macross Frontier episode 1 during the inital Frontier flyby and you can clearly see the distinct features of the NMC vessel, just with a lot more detail. Thus that big robot ship at the end of the Macross opening can only be the Macross Quarter.

As for the main gun, that's exactly what I've been describing all along. The forward starboard section of the Macross Quarter becomes the lower right arm in "attack" mode. That arm splits down the middle just like a Zentradi ship using it's heavy converging energy beam gun, thus it looks like a two-pronged fork. The beam collimates in between those forks just like the Zentradi ships and BOOM! A big energy beam of smackdown goodness :)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

MacrossManual wrote:drewkitty ~..~ and Darkmax
snip... I have no idea what a reflex gun is, ...snip

The SDF-1's main cannon is a main Reflex gun/Cannon.

At this point I'm only putting for speculation, so until I see it in action I'm remaining open to what things might be.

Darkmax wrote:A little trivia....

1. Macross Frontier, the 25th fleet, actually started out from Earth, not Eden.

2. Macross Galaxy, the 21st fleet, belongs to one of the fleets sent out from Eden.

3. Both fleets are traveling near to the center of the galaxy.

4. Megaroad 01 traveled to the edge of the galaxy before heading back into the interior and went off the screen..... why was it mentioned as being lost in the center of the galaxy?

Question: in this case, wouldn't Macross 25 be of an older design than Macross Galaxy?

:P Maybe they are running into the same thing that MR-01 ran into, or the MR-01 developed these things to stop people from following them.

As to the why they were mentioned to be lost at the center of the galaxy, that answer is easy. So no-one would resurrect the Hunters and minmay so their story would be closed. And what better way to close it off, then to have the colony they were in lost and presumed dead.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Darkmax
In-universe, there is still no explanation for the disappearance of the Megaroad-01. From a production standpoint, Kawamori probably made the Megaroad-01, Hikaru Ichijo, Misa Hayase, and Lynn Minmay all disappear to ensure their story would never be tampered with. The original Macross story and those characters will forever remain immortalized; we'll never know what happened in the end so we can only remember the story and the characters as they were.

Given the numbers, yes the Macross Galaxy would likely be an older fleet than the Macross Frontier fleet. But we still don't know when they were launched. We do know for certain that the Macross Frontier fleet was not launched any earlier than 2030 because that was the first time a New Macross Class Colonization Vessel ever launched and we can see from episode one that the Macross Frontier is definitely a NMC ship.

This in no way precludes the possibility that the Macross Galaxy fleet could consist of newer vessels and some of the older ships could have been refit while en route. The colony fleets are capable of building any kind of ship (remember the Three Star Factory Ship?). In fact, Macross Dynamite 7 shows the Macross 7 being rebuilt :)

drewkitty ~..~
Must be a Robotech thing. At any rate, I'm going to stick with my guess that the super dimension energy cannon/converging energy beam cannon (that's the Japanese term) for the Macross Quarter is in the starboard/right arm. I hope I'm right because that would look really cool.
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

The route chart in the Macross Frontier beginning is very vague and doesn't take into account time very well. I don't think it's meant to be taken strictly, especially since it shows the Macross Frontier launching during a year that predates the existence of the NMC (which I noted the first of that class being launched in 2030). Also, just because a fleet comes from Earth instead of another colony planet doesn't necessarily mean it's older. But the fleets are kinda hard to figure out anyway.

The Macross-Class SDF-1 Super Dimension Fortress official statistics lists the following weapons:
*1 x OverTechnology Macross super-dimension-energy cannon with beam polarizing converging system (bow)
8 x OverTechnology guided converging beam cannons
4 x high speed 178 cm electro magnetic rail cannons
many x large automatic anti-ship missile launchers
many x various missile emplacements

*NOTE: The two forward booms on the SDF-1 Macross are considered the one main gun since both are required to collect the energy between them and fire.

The four "shoulder" guns are rail guns, so it looks like that one point matches between Macross and the Robotech edit. The other converging energy guns are on turrets, similar to the five converging energy cannon turrets on the ARMD Class Space Carrier.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Very nice! That was a very cool entry! Thank you for sharing it with us! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Aramanthus
You're so welcome :D

Darkmax
No, the first New Macross Class was launched in late 2030 (September to be precise). Not like it matters anyway because the Macross Frontier fleet is very new. For example, the first NMC Macross 1 launched September 2030 while Macross 7 launched in 2038. Since the Macross Frontier is the 25th NMC ship to be built it would have been launched well after 2038. If the construction times remained constant, that means Macross Frontier was launched somewhere around 2056. Which makes sense since the Macross Frontier series starts in 2059.

Super Dimension Energy is actually the most fundamental part of OverTechnology, hence the name of the show Super Dimension Fortress Macross. Super dimension energy is part of everything in OverTechnology, from the big beam guns (super dimension energy cannons) to space fold drives (super dimension space) to thermonuclear reaction engines (pair-annihilation maintained via super dimension spatial theory). Even the pin-point barrier and full barrier systems are a new development of super dimension energy, as you mentioned. As misfortune would have it, super dimension space was also the reason for the downfall of the Protoculture. When the Protoculture delved into super dimension space using organic technology they attracted the Protodeviln, which ultimately brought about the annihilation of the entire Protoculture civilization :)
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

No one does :) Not exactly Macross' finest hour :)
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Well, with any luck, we've seen the last of Macross 7's type of story.
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Well, you might find this interesting:

Macross Frontier Episode #10 - "Legend of Zero" -
"Rezendo Obu Zero" (レジェンド・オブ・ゼロ) June 05, 2008
Summary: Ranka Lee is contracted to act in a minor role during a movie about the legend of Shin Kudo, while Sheryl Nome is the main female protagonist of the film.
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

The official Macross Frontier website is updating broadcast listings almost every week. Just a few more weeks and we should know for certain the ANN news listing Macross Frontier as 13 episodes was bogus...I hope! :)
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

I only Wish BW/SN would work with HG to get Macross 0 & F in to the US. then they might have the Capital to get more then 13 episodes.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Darkmax wrote:What has HG got anything to do with Macross Zero and Frontier being distributed in the USA?... The lawsuit was settled last year.

Ahh good.
About (40 mega-tonne F-Bomb) time that was delt with.
So sick of these studios blocking each other when we the viewers just wanna have our anime and not have it suck.
*Looks at Shadow Chronicles and shakes head*
Not that I'm saying RT:SC sucks...it's just you figure after 20 years they'd have something of better quality..say like what they've done with Macross Frontier...or even Macross Plus.
*shrug*
But I digress...
Just hope that SC part two has better dialougue scripters...like say the guys who did the prequel comic :mrgreen:
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Darkmax
I'm confident ANN was wrong. The Japanese DVD and Blu-Ray release is just too telling to dismiss. Nonetheless, we'll have our answer soon enough.

razorjack
Those things are huge! No wonder it takes Zentradi to herd them :) Guess they help alleviate the food problem. That's a lot of meat on those hippcows :)

DhAkael and Darkmax
I actually think things have calmed down quite a bit regarding the legal issues. HG seems content now to go their own way with Robotech and they've been totally uninvolved in any new Macross shows (a situation likely to remain that way). Bandai is involved in the new Macross Frontier series in Japan, so we may see Bandai Visual USA releasing Macross Frontier in North America. Speculation is high, but little official word has been said. We live in hope for a NA release :)
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

MacrossManual wrote:Bandai is involved in the new Macross Frontier series in Japan, so we may see Bandai Visual USA releasing Macross Frontier in North America. Speculation is high, but little official word has been said. We live in hope for a NA release :)

If its gets licensed hope its Bandai Entertainment not Visual as they charge way to much. I don't want to pay around $20 an episode.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

I'm lost. You're going to have to be more specific. Which episode and which scene? Do you have a time index?
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Darkmax wrote:What has HG got anything to do with Macross Zero and Frontier being distributed in the USA?... The lawsuit was settled last year.

I've asked before for information/Links to this Apparent lawsuit. I've never Read anythign about a HG/BW lawsuit.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

The court case between Big West/Studio Nue and Tatsunoko was a Japanese legal proceeding only and did not involve Harmony Gold or any other North American licensing company of Macross productions (such as Manga Entertainment). The effects of the Japanese court ruling are unclear as far as license holder rights in North America because they have been as yet untested. The only thing that the ruling states for certain is that no one party holds undisputed rights to the original SDF Macross series in whole, including Big West, Tatsunoko or HG. However, everything else Macross (Macross DYRL?, FB2012, Macross II, Macross 7, Macross 0 and Macross Frontier) resides solidly in the hands of Big West.

For their part, it is known that shortly after the ruling in Japan, Harmony Gold quickly obtained a copyright in North America for the title "Macross". Some more reactionary fans have speculated this was a proactive attempt by HG to assert control over the Macross property yet again, but I don't believe that such is true. According to what I've read on copyright law and heard from more knowledgeable people on the subject, the Japanese court ruling would be upheld in an international copyright dispute due to pre-existing international copyright agreements between the US and Japan. The most likely reason HG sought a copyright on "Macross" immediately after the Japanese court ruling was an attempt to ensure they can still legally use the term "Macross" in North America to sell their 1985 edit of SDF Macross as "Robotech The Macross Saga" and any derived products (such as the SDF Macross set from ADV).
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Thou Ive seen Macross + and Macross 2 DVD's before, I've not seen any news on inporting Macross 0 or F to the US, All I've heard is complaints form Fans that Hg is blocking 0 & F from coming to the States... usually followed by "i hope HG dies"
Shawn Merrow

Darkmax wrote:What?! US$20 for an episode?! That sucks..... Here in Singapore, we would probably pay S$35 for each DVD, and that's quite a lot already.

Most anime is around $30 for a DVD in the US but Bandai Visual thinks since they can charger a lot in Japan then the American customers should pay that much to. I'm not sure how long they can last in the US as a large number of fans want nothing to do with them.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

So much for hoping to catch it on DVD then... :cry:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shawn Merrow

taalismn wrote:So much for hoping to catch it on DVD then... :cry:

No, one has licensed it yet so just hope its not Badai Visual.

Aramanthus
Monk

Why is that Shawn? I'd really like to hear that reason. Please!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Shawn Merrow

Aramanthus wrote:Why is that Shawn? I'd really like to hear that reason. Please!

Why is what?

Aramanthus
Monk

Why not licensed to Bandai?

HH....FIE
Shawn Merrow

Aramanthus wrote:Why not licensed to Bandai?

As I have been saying in several posts above Bandai Visual charges to much. It wouldn't be bad if it was Bandai Entertainment since they charge fair prices.

Aramanthus
Monk

Oh ok! That does make sense! They do charge way too much! Thank you for the fast response!

HH....FIE
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

WOW!

Episode 7 is pure anime ownage! I'm trying to write a review for the episode but it's just so damn good I don't know where to start. So much action goodness is delivered in this one episode it's mind-boggling. I'm going to organize so more pictures and maybe try writing a review in a day or two, when I can stay in my seat for 5 seconds :)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Macross Fronter episode 7,

The Best episode of Macross Ever!!!!!!!!!

Made me feel the same awe of seeing the production footage from Macross Plus ep 1 back in the day.

To quote a MythBuster..."I think I'm going to have to get a GRin-ectomy"
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

in one scene it looks like the bottom of alto's 25 splits off the top to dodge a hit... thats interesting. (around 6:04)
taalismn
Priest

Colonel Wolfe wrote:in one scene it looks like the bottom of alto's 25 splits off the top to dodge a hit... thats interesting. (around 6:04)

Gestaltic Construction?
Magnetic linkages replacing pure mechanical ones?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

mhcisme wrote:This eps was fanboy heaven :angel:

Tho it whent by fast it look like some of the AA batterys may have been destroids
I thought Macross got rid of destriods?

Yes I saw what looked like some of the macross II tomahawk torsos at time scores 20:16-20:21.

Then there is the combat newbe joke at 21:30. :lol:
Someone couldn't hold her cookies.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Darkmax wrote:Can anyone recognize those fighters with the baddie in the fold streams, in his background?

I got the impression that they were from the Galaxy convoy defense fleet. This due to my interpreting their cockpit as virtual space.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

the Sheryl outfits in this episode were quite nice...
I see some of Mac2 kreeping into this episode, I thought the "turrets" resembled the Mac2 destroids, but wasnt completly sure.
and What ever the Konig-monster was fiering, it wasnt the Energy-guns form the Videogame, and it sure wasnt something i'd want players in my game to use....

Definitely not at 6:04.... Do you mean that point he ditched his Super-pack?

6:04 was the wrong time refrence, its 6:12-6:16, it looks like the Legs came off, then reattached... the Transformation of the 25 would make something like that possible.

The Parts with the Macross quarter in action were interesting.... reminds me how much the SDF-1 sucked. while this thing kicks serious butt.
Nimul
Wanderer

Unread post by Nimul »

Just watched episode 7, the non subbed version so didnt understand a thing beyond "Captain" :p :lol: so will wait when its subbed to watch it again.

Anyway:
Spoiler:
Was quite interesting and finally we get to see a Vajra capital ship which was quite nasty. Didn't appear to have any personnel in it so it seems to be also similar to the Vajra in that its biomechanical with smaller Vajra inside serving as defensive 'organisms'. Could be wrong there but thats what it seemed like to me.

What adds a more curious element into the equation is how was that other pilot? Is he Human or alien? Is his people involved with employing the Vajra? Or was he just there to exploit the situation? Is he possibly a Protoculture? Not as much into Macross as I am in Robotech but as I understand it the Protoculture are Humans who seeded Earth with their kind? Or have I just made that up? :?: I'm still leaning to the theory that these Vajra are Protoculture constructs used for war... perhaps the Protoculture wanted some more powerful and less thinking then the Zentraedi.

Anyway the battle was quite cool and liked the Monsters transformation where it let loose its volley into the battlefield. Generally though it seems that they are having a somewhat easier time on taking on the Vajra now then they did earlier... mind you most of the Vajra seemed to be the smaller yellow ones then the larger red ones but still one red Vajra was taken out by sniper shots in the beginning. Its a pity we didn't see Klan-Klan in combat more though.
TELL KEV WE WANT NEW ROBOTECH BOOKS!

"Soon they will come to fear the name Khyron the Destroyer" - Khyron
"Everything is going as planned Masters" - Bioroid Terminator
"A terrible error has been made. We shall not be beaten!" - Regess
"Everything is going as the Awareness has forseen." - Haydonite
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

I can't make out exactly what the green fighters are escorting the VF-27, but they could be green VF-27s themselves. We don't get a very good look at either fighters in episode 7 so it's tough to tell. It's interesting that the VF-27 and it's escorts appear to have internal fold technology just like the Vajra. Perhaps that explains those large booster-style sections on the outer main wings of the VF-27.

The VF-25 does not split during transformation or use gravity/magnetic technology to fly apart and then back together. It seems this is a fan theory that though disproved, just won't go away. The nose and torso connect via two narrow forks that make up the leading edge extensions of the fighter mode. During quick sequences or in shadow it can be difficult to see them, but they are there. The VF-25 transformation is as strictly mechanical as the other variable fighters. See the following transformation collage for an example:

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macrossf/vf ... mation.jpg

The Destroids along the hull of the Macross Quarter are definitely derivations of the Destroid Cheyenne from Macross Zero. They have many of the same features but appear to have much larger guns and bigger missile launchers, not to mention a different color scheme. I hope we see more of these fellas in action (and I hope the official website posts some new pictures of them soon). In the interim, here's a picture of the Destroid Cheyenne for comparison:

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneo ... eyenne.jpg

I'm uploading some new pictures of episode 7 and I'll post links soon. It's awesome stuff :)
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

the Cheyenne reminds me of the Japanesse Battletech designs.....
http://www.gearsonline.net/btech/
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

Never cared much for the Japanese versions of the Battlemechs, at least not AS Battletech mecha. Most of the them look like caricatured super robots, like what one would see in a Megaman video game. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, but Battletech (at least to me) has always been the most "REAL" of the real robot styled giant robot stories. In fact the majority of Battlemechs (the ones that weren't stolen from Macross, Dougram and Orguss) were downright ugly and looked like walking Abram/Leopard/Challenger tanks. These Japanese versions look far too stylized even for real robot shows like Gundam or Macross, let alone something like Battletech.

Anyway, onto some screen shots (note, some may contain quasi-spoilers):

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneo ... launch.jpg
http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneo ... biggun.jpg
http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneo ... nster2.jpg
http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneo ... onster.jpg
http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneo ... stroid.jpg
http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneo ... rescue.jpg
http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneo ... arter5.jpg
http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneo ... arter2.jpg
http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneo ... arter6.jpg
http://www.new-un-spacy.com/miscellaneo ... -pilot.jpg

Enjoy :)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Maybe they found the decenants of the 1st mega-road colony.... :roll:
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

I love the Aquarion-style motif of the head units for the new Valkyries. They look so sick! The VF-27 head strongly reminds me of a combination of the Aquarion Mars head (the reverse triangle shape of the "eye") and the Solar Aquarion (the solid bar halfway through the eye and the four cylinders on either side of the chin). The VF-25F definitely shows a strong influence from the Aquarion Luna (as well as some of Kawamori's Armored Core) and Luca's RVF-25 also takes liberally from the same Aquarion mecha, including the green color scheme.

drewkitty ~..~
Hehehe, there's always one in every crowd :)

Darkmax
I'm really eager to know the VF-27's capabilities. The VF-27's silver gun looks like a variant of the VF-25G sniper rifle that Mikhail uses. That fully holographic cockpit in the VF-27 is kicking butt too, if that's what it is. It's kind of hard to tell.

Oh, the pilots name is Brera Stern and the title of Episode 7 is First Attack. "Legend of Zero" is episode 10 and refers to...
Spoiler:
the Legend of Shin Kudo from Macross Zero, a story that's being made into a movie.

Hopefully the subtitles come out soon. I can't wait to watch this episode again :)
taalismn
Priest

Damn...but the Monster looks downright superior...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MacrossManual
Dungeon Crawler

The VB-6 Konig Monster in Macross Frontier appears to have all the same armaments as the original HWR-00 Destroid Monster (described as having firepower equivalent to strategic bombing). From the impressive way the VB-6 Konig Monster performs in Macross Frontier episode 7, we can assume it has all the same firepower and more. The shells it fired from the 4 main rail cannons might have been Reaction Warheads. The attack certainly achieved a level of destruction similar to reaction weapons :)

I'm not going to assume the Vajra have any connection to the Protoculture until I see more of the show indicating otherwise. There's simply too many unknowns at this point. I'm still thinking that the Vajra may in fact be an enemy from within the New UN Government itself. There's far too many inside dealings and covert movements happening behind the scenes. Why has the SMS taken front role in military affairs and what happened to the New UN Spacy? Who the hell is Mr. Bilrer and what is he doing on the Macross Frontier? What the heck is Leon Mishima up to, why is he involved with Mr. Bilrer and why is he banging the President's daughter? Who is Brera Stern working for and who is funding his VF-27 fighter? So far this war is anything but well defined. Something else is going on; I can feel it.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Does anyone know if the sub version is out? I looked but could not find it.
Nimul
Wanderer

Unread post by Nimul »

MacrossManual wrote:I'm not going to assume the Vajra have any connection to the Protoculture until I see more of the show indicating otherwise. There's simply too many unknowns at this point. I'm still thinking that the Vajra may in fact be an enemy from within the New UN Government itself. There's far too many inside dealings and covert movements happening behind the scenes. Why has the SMS taken front role in military affairs and what happened to the New UN Spacy? Who the hell is Mr. Bilrer and what is he doing on the Macross Frontier? What the heck is Leon Mishima up to, why is he involved with Mr. Bilrer and why is he banging the President's daughter? Who is Brera Stern working for and who is funding his VF-27 fighter? So far this war is anything but well defined. Something else is going on; I can feel it.

Thats another possibility I was thinkng as well though I can't see it as a entirely black op from the NUN government though. I can potentially see it being Protoculture created and NUN exploited thing though like perhaps a Protoculture facility found by NUN explorers wh decided to test it out. Could be wrong there but I keep sensing a Protoculture connection in this but I also get the feeling that the governments hiding something.
TELL KEV WE WANT NEW ROBOTECH BOOKS!

"Soon they will come to fear the name Khyron the Destroyer" - Khyron
"Everything is going as planned Masters" - Bioroid Terminator
"A terrible error has been made. We shall not be beaten!" - Regess
"Everything is going as the Awareness has forseen." - Haydonite

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”