Why the Live Action RT will be cool

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Re: Why the Live Action RT will be cool

Unread post by Tiree »

Darkmax wrote:Considering the trouble HG has with the Macross license, I don't think they will want to dwell too much there. I can see them doing the Shadow Chronicles and beyond though.

Alas - I think Macross is going to be a dynamic piece of the remaking live action of the Live Action Robotech. I can also see it put into 3 different movies just for the Macross Arc.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

I am just praying it just gets done. And if it is done, it is not a flop. How sure are we that it is going to be done anyways?
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Darkmax wrote:I sure hope they do it right.

You, me, and everyone else.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I hope they take enough time in all aspects of production to make sure both fans the newly exposed too it enjoy it. I want it too be a great movie!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Macross Haterz wrote:The summary is:
Robotech is not Macross!
Macross suxx0rz Robotech is best!

these are honest critisims of macross. i truely hope HG moves away from Macross for the LA storyline.
Harmony Gold are thieves! :lol:

and so is Sjinij Kowamorn and Bigwest... :lol:
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Aramanthus
Monk

Let's hope it's well done. I'd (I'm sure everyone feels this way.) rather have it done well and not rushed.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

The technology is there. It'll be how well written and good the story is.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Aramanthus
Monk

I think if they can come up with a story they can make the movie. Then it falls on the director and the actors in the movie. If the people choose correctly when they cast they can create a master piece. They also have make sure Dr. Ewe Boll is not involved in it's production.

HH....FIE
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Aramanthus wrote:I think if they can come up with a story they can make the movie. Then it falls on the director and the actors in the movie. If the people choose correctly when they cast they can create a master piece. They also have make sure Dr. Ewe Boll is not involved in it's production.

Agreed! NO EWE Boll!!!!! He'll totally ruin it!
They can't see me...Right!?
Aramanthus
Monk

I hate to even think what he'd do to that! It scares me to think about his evil being involved in that project. I would hope that there would be a worldwide protest if they did something stupid and did hire him. God help us if they do. I know I'll be screaming and kicking to get him out there!

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

*looks at the image of the VF-0 and nods a little bit*

Neat... It does look pretty cool for a non-F-14 Veritech. :) The designer knew what they were doing to make it look right.
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm still hoping they listen to the fan base. If they don't listen to us a little bit, they have a movie that'll perform as well as Speed Racer did.

HH....FIE
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

:badbad: You guys haven't seen the trailer from the live-action Dragonball movie then have you!?

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/dr ... er-trailer (hope I don't get in trouble for this)!
They can't see me...Right!?
Chris
Explorer

Unread post by Chris »

Arnie100 wrote::badbad: You guys haven't seen the trailer from the live-action Dragonball movie then have you!?

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/dr ... er-trailer (hope I don't get in trouble for this)!

Oh barf!

Looks like Fast and the Furious meets Karate Kid, or worse, Street Fighter.
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Nelzie wrote:They really should hew closer to the original F-14 designs for the Veritech Fighters.

I'm not saying that seeing a "Starscream" based Veritech wouldn't be cool, just that they should stick with more of the original material. They could fairly easily explain why as well.

"We needed an airframe that was really well known from an engineering standpoint that could be more easily modified to suit the alien technology. Our earlier attempts with the F-22 proved to be to difficult, being that they just went into production themselves and still feature some of those early production bugs. That's why we settled on the venerable and well deployed F-14. The ease of going into mass production with this design proved to be to good a thing to pass up."

Then... at or near the end of the movie they can show the new F-22 based Veritechs or include a handful of them as finally having a good handle on the Alien tech, they could more easily incorporate it into the newer F-22 Airframe.

Anyway... that's this old fan's take on the concept.

I would say that the US wouldn't give the F-22 to the UN to play with...all that proprietary stealth tech and all. BUT, the F-14D...modded up with ROBOTECHNOLOGY, the US is happy, the rest of the UNSC is happy, and I get my F-14 Valkyries. Besides, the Alpha looks similar to the F-22/F-35 so that for RT2, they could have "convinced" the US to cough up the designs for those and voila, an F-22 based Alpha!

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”