Open House 2009 Game Request

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Open House 2009 Game Request

Unread post by Spinachcat »

What do you want to play at the Open House?

Last time, I got to play Valley of the Gods, Phase World, Rifts and Palladium Fantasy and next year I am looking forward to playing Chaos Earth, Nightbane and Splicers and I will be running Mechanoid Homeworld.

What suggestions do you have for the GMs?
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Re: Open House 2009 Game Request

Unread post by mumah »

Well, I would look forward to playing anything really. I get to put things into the Palladium sandbox, but I've not yet spent any time playing in it.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

I promised everyone at the last Open House that I would run an "all space pirate" Phase World game... so that's on.

I also plan on running a Wormwood game where all the players are Apoks :eek:

Finally, time permitting, I might just have to run another Thundercloud Galaxy game, especially since there's a chance that its release could be sometime around then. ;)
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Heroes Unlimited or Rifts
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Nowhere65
Wanderer

Unread post by Nowhere65 »

Heroes Unlimited, After the Bomb, Phase World, Rifts, Robotech......just about anything.

I look forward going home severly sleep deprived.

Quick question. I've never been to a convention/Open House. In this kind of setting do the GM's have pre-made characters to choose from or do I need to spend the next few months getting an assortment of characters together?
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Most GMs will have pregenerated characters, but a few will offer games where you can bring your own character. When we get a little closer to the OH, the game descriptions will be posted and if the GM wants you to bring your own character, they will list it in the description of the game.

It is always a good idea at a Con or the OH to bring a few of your own characters for your favorite games. You never know when a pickup game will occur and/or sometimes GMs will need an extra character, add a seat for you to a scheduled game and not have enough pregens, etc.
Eryk Stormbright
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Eryk Stormbright »

well i'll be continuing what I started last OH, I guess my PF game went over pretty good there and back at the room. lol though I think this time i'm going to try and limit the # of players 20 or so people gets kinda ... interesting ;)
I am master of all I see.... and I see Everything.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Scott Samson wrote:Would anyone like to play Warpath Urban Jungle at the 2009 OH? ;)

YES!!!
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Scott Samson wrote:Would anyone like to play Warpath Urban Jungle at the 2009 OH? ;)

What's that?
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Greg Diaczyk
Comment: The Official "Wayne Smith Clone"

Unread post by Greg Diaczyk »

I thought I'd run a Heroes Unlimited Mega-Hereos game, including the optional Expanded Mega-Hero Rules from Rifter #37

And... offering a sneak peak of Rifts Lemuria and maybe Underseas 2...
Anyone interested in playing in a Rifts Lemuria game?
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"
Palladium Freelance Writer and Editor

Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

Greg Diaczyk wrote:I thought I'd run a Heroes Unlimited Mega-Hereos game, including the optional Expanded Mega-Hero Rules from Rifter #37

And... offering a sneak peak of Rifts Lemuria and maybe Underseas 2...
Anyone interested in playing in a Rifts Lemuria game?

Intriguing. :D
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Since I've determined that I suffer from RPG ADHD, it's way too soon to declare what I'll be likely to run. Last weekend at Cogcon, I ran my version of the Randolph Family Mansion from 1st Ed. BTS, but tonight I'm thinking kinda like a Chaos Earth romp would be fun. Or maybe some Phase Worldy goodness...
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

Xar wrote:Since I've determined that I suffer from RPG ADHD, it's way too soon to declare what I'll be likely to run. Last weekend at Cogcon, I ran my version of the Randolph Family Mansion from 1st Ed. BTS, but tonight I'm thinking kinda like a Chaos Earth romp would be fun. Or maybe some Phase Worldy goodness...

Look forward to playing with you again, Xar!
You can bet that I'll spawn a Rifts: MercTown adventure at some point during OH09.
ImageImageImage
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

The Game Master wrote:
Xar wrote:Since I've determined that I suffer from RPG ADHD, it's way too soon to declare what I'll be likely to run. Last weekend at Cogcon, I ran my version of the Randolph Family Mansion from 1st Ed. BTS, but tonight I'm thinking kinda like a Chaos Earth romp would be fun. Or maybe some Phase Worldy goodness...

Look forward to playing with you again, Xar!
You can bet that I'll spawn a Rifts: MercTown adventure at some point during OH09.

Likewise...count me in, GM!
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Danger wrote:

What's that?

lol smartass.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Danger wrote:

What's that?

lol smartass.

You caught me this time. :D
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

Phalanx wrote:DLDC is insisting that I run a Rifts: Sol System game, so I'll at least do that. I might also run a Systems Failure game where the players are part of a Free Air Cav strike team.

I'll bite...Tell me more about this Sol System game of which you speak.
Space-based game with a rocket scientist at the helm as GM, hell yeah!
ImageImageImage
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

I'll probably run a CE civilians-First Responders game, CE military-Brothers in Arms game, and an Arzno game with some new source material.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Jason Richards wrote:I'll probably run a CE civilians-First Responders game, CE military-Brothers in Arms game, and an Arzno game with some new source material.

What no BTS game? Only 3 games, you know this is a 4 day event, right? :D
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Reelman wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:I'll probably run a CE civilians-First Responders game, CE military-Brothers in Arms game, and an Arzno game with some new source material.

he has to budget some time to chasing me around the OH with a baseball bat.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

Reelman wrote:

That's true, it is a 4-day event.

We'll see what I can work out. I also have panels and stuff.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Jason Richards wrote:
Reelman wrote:

That's true, it is a 4-day event.

We'll see what I can work out. I also have panels and stuff.

His first panel is called "rat_bastard is a golden sex god" its really quite informative.

:P
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

An Arzno game?

Glee!!!

:D :D :D
chef1
D-Bee

Unread post by chef1 »

I plan on running a Heroes unlimted game but all the players will have to roll up villian characters. Thats something Ive never done before running a villians campain. Im still putting on the final touches just something different then the norm.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

chef1 wrote:I plan on running a Heroes unlimted game but all the players will have to roll up villian characters. Thats something Ive never done before running a villians campain. Im still putting on the final touches just something different then the norm.

to save time at the table, why not roll up some pre-gens?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

chef1 wrote:I plan on running a Heroes unlimted game but all the players will have to roll up villian characters. Thats something Ive never done before running a villians campain. Im still putting on the final touches just something different then the norm.

A villains game could be quite cool, but remember that the Open House games are only about 3-5 hours long so there is no time creating characters or a campaign. Instead, think exciting one-shot session and bring a stack of pre-gen characters so you can throw everyone into the action within 10 minutes of sitting down at the table.

When thinking about campaigns, we GMs often imagine TV series, novels or movies, but for convention games, it's best to imagine a 30 minute episode because of the time constraints.
tenknifefoot
D-Bee

Unread post by tenknifefoot »

Braden Campbell wrote:I promised everyone at the last Open House that I would run an "all space pirate" Phase World game... so that's on.

I also plan on running a Wormwood game where all the players are Apoks :eek:

Finally, time permitting, I might just have to run another Thundercloud Galaxy game, especially since there's a chance that its release could be sometime around then. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I was in on the Thundercloud Colonial game at the hotel last time, and would be delighted to participate in another game in that world. Very much a colonial-Africa feel to the setting.
...and my P.P. is huge!!

--Mad Mike the juicer, Palladium open house 2007
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

I wasn't planning to GM at this year's OH, but the bug has bitten once again. :lol:

I was thinking of running an extended Grand Paladins game, similar to the one I ran at the '07 OH- but this time, perhaps over 2 or 3 sessions so that it can have a larger scope.

Well, I haven't made up my mind, but I'm seriously considering it.
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

Personally, I want to play in a DR and an HU session. Both will be a lot of fun, and you experienced GMs ought to have a field day with a guy that's never played with the Palladium system yet gets to tinker with it constantly.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Claydonia. No better excuse for grown people to be seen with play-doh and have a valid excuse. 8)
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

tenknifefoot wrote:I was in on the Thundercloud Colonial game at the hotel last time, and would be delighted to participate in another game in that world. Very much a colonial-Africa feel to the setting.

This one is called "Oulifemi" and is basically the Siege of Khartoum... only with aliens, lasers, and gods.

Also, there will only be two Humans in the entire game.

Should be fun! :ok:
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

I'll be running BTS games all weekend. In fact I just sent my registration info today so I've got notes on the adventures planned below.

Game #1 – RPG setting: Beyond the Supernatural
- Adventure Title: -A Pledge Unfulfilled (ghost story)

An old machine parts factory has recently been purchased by a big company with plans to update and upgrade the building into a tool and die company, bringing much needed jobs and commerce to the community or Roslyn, Washington. However, it seems the antique machines and scrap metal aren’t all that still linger within the building.

- Maximum Number of Players: 6 players

- Running Time: 3-4 hours

– Pregenerated characters sheets will be available.

- Minimum age of the players: Suitable for all ages.

Game #2- RPG setting: Beyond the Supernatural
-Adventure Title: Into the Maze (Erick Wujcik inspired)

A member of the Lazlo Society has been kidnapped, and the kidnapper has invited select members of the Society to come to his rescue. She is held deep within the bowels of an underground maintenance system. The many pipes, valves, machinery, catwalks, stairs and tunnels create a modern day labyrinth one can easily get lost in. Negotiating this labyrinth will be dangerous. Water hazards, aging and faulty equipment, rats and wild dogs may all be potential obstacles. However, even beyond these hazards lies numerous death traps requiring the members to have sharp wits and fast reflexes to survive and rescue their comrade.

–Pregenerated characters sheets will be available.

- Minimum age of the players: Due to subject matter, this game is not suitable for players under the age of 13.

Game #3 –RPG setting: Beyond the Supernatural
-Adventure Title: No Rest, No Peace (ghost story)

A new family is moving into the beautiful old house that they’ve always wanted. The house was everything they could have hoped for… until the paranormal activity began. Doors slamming, faint cries for help at night, an overwhelming feeling of sadness and fear in the basement; the Lazlo Society is called in investigate the house. But what seems to be typical haunting activity reveals a dark past that refuses to be forgotten and begs to be released.

-Maximum Number of Players: 6 players

- Minimum age of the players: Due to mature content, this game is not suitable for players under the age of 17.

Game # 4-RPG setting: Beyond the Supernatural
-Adventure Title: Amber Alert (monster hunt)

Seven year old Amber Mancini has been kidnapped under the dying light of day. Night has since fallen and is accompanied by the rain that pours over the police and the crime scene below. While the police have labeled this a typical kidnapping, the murder of ravens that glare from above give a tell tale sign to the members of the Lazlo Agency. There's nothing typical at all about this kidnapper, and time to rescue Amber is running out!

- Minimum age of the players: Suitable for all ages.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!

hahaha...getting me all excited like that, you should be ashamed.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.

Return to “Palladium Open House”