Alternate Dimensions

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Alternate Dimensions

Unread post by taalismn »

The post WW1 League of Nations was formed and held...and rather than indiscriminately loot Germany for reparations, become uncharacteristically generous...prunning Germany's military power but not destroying its economy(this is unpopular with the Russians, Belgians, and French, but is accepted never the less), keeping Germany from sinking into the economic morass and unrest that bred Hitler and the Nazis...In particular, a Jewsih-led global banking consortium gives out low-interest loans to get Germany business back on its feet, and several Semitic charity societies bolster the poor of Germany, quashing anti-semitic societies and the resentment they attempt to foster...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

duck-foot wrote:you know taalismn had germany not been so slumped during the depression that might have happaned.

Well...even if Hitler had died during the interwar years, the Treaty of Versailles would have left Germany a hotbed of turmoil, and simmering anti-semitism....They might have adopted the Italian model of fascism or even fallen to the communists....Arguably, though, we would not have seen the systematic genocide as perpetuated by Hitler's followers...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Very interesting alternate universe. I've thought of something along that line several times. It would have been a completely different world from our own.

Jon Stewart is elected president by a landslide decision in 2012. He bring a tremendous amount of comedic flavor to the Presidental office of the US. Of course his vice president is Stephen Colbert. The United States causes more laughter than deaths during Jon Stewarts presidenticy. Of course this leads to much silliness. And many pie fights occur at the most inopportune moments involving the President. The newest thing for the president to do is use a fake flower with a water ball to soak people who try to smell it. All of the old jokes come out of storage.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

The Presidency is made hereditary...with the real authority now laying in the Secretary of State...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That is a particularly horrible alternate universe!

The ecology turns around over night. No one can explain what happened to cuase this major change. This change occurs in every medium. From the Seas to the very air itself. The seas overnight get significantly cleaner and a heck of a lot more fertile. But this is true of each of the environments. The messes of mankind disappear over night. The effects are immediately noticed. This time mankind learns to use the natural resources better.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Humans developed a very different immune system. Basically they don't have one, their systems are sealed so bacteria can't get into the bloodstream.

A single scratch on the skin leads to fatal infections within hours (or minutes).

This means that gunshots are always fatal, no matter where they hit. Warfare never passes the level of muzzle-loaded weapons until well after world war 2. Recently the US made a huge leap in warfare by inventing gatling guns and machine guns. WWIII will be decidedly one sided if it breaks out in the near future.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
taalismn
Priest

The French Revolution's Committees of Public Safety, rather than fall upon each other in a bloodbath, after terrorizing the French public, manage to stabilize and form a stable government...unfortunately, one that more properly resembles an early fascist state(even before Napoleon)...managing to rebuff attempts by the British to assist the royalists in getting back into power, the new Franco Dominion, which eschews the idea of royalty, is openly aetheist, and preaches a twisted mix of French political philosophy and stealing a march on Lenin, begins importing bloody revolution to the rest of Europe...and sending its own troops and agents to foment trouble around the globe...especially where its rivals have colonies...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Those are some great ones!

An incident which drops a small occupied alien starship onto the earth changes the whole world. Over night the world units to defend themselves from a possible invasion. They learn fromthe alien ships and it accelerates the over all tech levels astronomically. Within 20 years a technological jumps occur that allows us to leapfrog literally centuries. The best guest is that we jump about one thousand years in technological development. Wew spread across the stars.

Alternate one. The alien ship calls for help and the earth is conquered very easily. Humaanity serves as slaves and food for their new masters.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

In Feb 2009 the entire jewish population will move to Canada and the U.S but in exchange a same number of Muslims need to give up ther U.S Citizenship and move backed to the Middle East.

What do you think will happed?
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm not touching that one!

There is a strange happening near Bermuda. Several ships and aircraft appear from the triangle. These returning people tell tales of alternate earths. A small number tell of monsters. The media makes these people out as heros, since they returned from the past. Although the militaries don't pay too much attention to the reurning people until some of these monsters strating appearing at various locations across the earth.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aliens arrive...seems Earth and humans have a forgotten past when we were THE powerhouse race in the galaxy, the apex of power, the Greatest, before we inexplicably disappeared...no explanation, no reason...just POOF...
Seems we left some obligations behind though, and the aliens are here on account of an old treaty that had humanity obliged to help defend them...well, they're in trouble, and badly in need of assistance, and in a galaxy where ten-thousand and hundred-thousand year treaties are not unknown, even accepted as commonplace, the aliens are wondering why we haven't lived up to our end of the treaty...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL That is a great book! I keep telling people about it! Peter Jurassic and William Keith wrote it. Something called Diplomatic Act! If you haven't read it Taalismn, I recommend it! It is a very good comedy.

After living your life and after having lived it to the end. You can decide if it was worth while. That if you really wanted you could write yourself out of the events of the timeline. Therefore you'd be gone, written out of existance. You'd never have existed. I could use a world like that!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

The Cold War is unexpectedly derailed as, as a result of CIA LSD experiments, the American military deploys the 'Lude Bomb...a chemical Weapon of Mass Distraction that completely zones out everybody who's caught without protection in the area of effect of the Fuel-Air-Munition-like device...The weaspon is used to startling effect on both Vietnamese villages and rioting Americans...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

You know Taalismn, I could see this happening in that era. And you know what? I can see it happening in our own times.

Star Wars comes out and bombs. None of the sequels are made. SciFi never has it's revival that Star Wars helps bring about. The world is a far sadder place to live.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

1961...the United States military, having earlier managed to head off the President's decision to make space exploration a civilian undertaking(and forming NASA),lands a military-led expedition on the Moon. The Soviets, seeing this as an obvious provocation, nearly bankrupt their economy pushing to get their own ship to the moon, somehow avoiding the setbacks our own history throws their way, by bloodiminded brute force and fear of an American military presence on the moon...
Soon afterwards, the Copernicus Incident(a shotgun fight between astronauts and cosmonauts) heats up the Cold War in 1970....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Evrey Human in the U.S over the age of 20,de-aged,but they keeping ther current day memories.

What do you think will be the reaction of the world?
taalismn
Priest

gaby wrote:Evrey Human in the U.S over the age of 20,de-aged,but they keeping ther current day memories.

What do you think will be the reaction of the world?

Nothing good...there'd be a rash of kidnappings of young(er) Americans to see what made them de-age...
Count on having a lot of old congressmen breaking new records for terms in office...
A lot of people get divorces, because, yes...they CAN do better they figure(ironically enough, many of these folks will get nmarried again to the same people because only their former mates can stand them)
The Social Security Administration breaths a sigh of relief...all those folks not drawing SS...there's a respite, so they can start planning for the Second Aging of the Babyboomers NOW....no more mistakes or putting off the inevitable...
There's a recent sci-fi book, Mispent Youth, which deals with the social effects of a rejuvenation treatment...a lot of old political activists and terrorists, who have mellowed as they got older, suddenly jump back in the ring when youthful hormones and adrenaline smash back into their systems
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

There is another series of events it would spawn. It would eventually cause the population of the US to explode! Which would lead to future problems for the Social Security Administration because of the huge numbers of people reaching old age at the same time. It might also cause problems with families as Mothers and fathers might end at the same age as their children. Imagine the social problems that would cause in itself. And what happens if it happens again once everyone reaches say 65 to 70 years old.

Our world is struck by many little asteroids. The thing is that these little asteroids contains creatures of mythology. They form a breeding population quickly and add their numbers to earth's burgeoning population.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

The current day Continent of Africa are replace with ther 1909,s Counterparts.

What do you think ther reactions to the current World and what do you think the current world will do?
taalismn
Priest

Hmmm...let's see; South Africa would still be suffering under colonial apartheid...so there would be calls to reform THAT situation fast...There would be a surge of Islamic extremism to get their foot in the door and knock out the colonial power structure before the world could step in and stop them....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Hmmm. That is one I'd have to think on. Sorry Gaby I couldn't rush on it. It would be very very messy!!

A new drug is created by a pharmacist. This drug allows the human mind to advance itself far into the future. The changes are dramatic and very quick. Humanity is forced along the evolutionary pathway. We accelerate one million years into our own evolutionary future. And we still have those million years to live too.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Henry Ford never went into manufacturing cars, but instead went into making washing machines...The American automotive industry never takes off, but our domestic labor-saving device manufacturing and innovation is the envy of the world...
Until cheaper models from China force the American Washer Industry to go pleading to Congress for a multimillion dollar bailout...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Our world might be a little cleaner in that version.

Instead of the car Ford invents a cheap way to manufacture aircraft instead of automobiles. This allows there to be cheap flying around all to have. Instead of highways on the ground, there are skyways.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Henry Ford is right...the early labor unions ARE pr-Communist, and they manage to get a pro-Socialist president elected, over the increasingly violent attempts to curb their power by the Fords and other industrial moguls...The unions' stance is equality for all(though in practicality, they're as 'and some are more equal than others' as anybody else)....So by 1940, America is moving towards Communism(or more properly, Socialism, as opposed to what Stalin is doing with Lenin's ideas at the time)...
Whether this makes Stalin more apt to trust the Americans, or even more paranoid of a group of 'glorified Trotskyites' who don't acknowledge the 'Strong Man of History', remains open to debate...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

When the Germans go to round up the Jews for the Holocaust, they are in for a big surprise, nearly two thirds of their 'victims' fight back. They form underground railroads taking people out of Germany, and weapons, ammo, and food in. This widespread insurgency action causes the war to come to a bloody, grinding halt, as much needed soldiers are diverted from the Russian front.
The Americans are flooded with the refugees from Germany, and the home-roots campaign for intervention from the native Jews kick starts the American intervention, and ends the War earlier, with no need for the invention of the Atomic Bomb.

Spam is never invented, denying Monty-Python of a classic skit. Alternitively, due to a mistake in the canning proccess, the entire first production run of Spam is horribly toxic, ANYTHING eating the smallest bit will die a horrible death. Spammers never arise, as anything containing the word Spam is considered a horrible insult. Spam smuggling becomes a huge black market speciality, and possessing a can is akin to treason in most parts of the world.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
taalismn
Priest

Rumors that the British Empire's new-issue cartridges for colonial troops are lubricated/oiled with beef fat are crushed well-before they arise...The Sepoy Rebellion never gets its primary negative public relations ignition spark among the local populace, and unrest for other reasons results in smaller more easily quelled uprisings...However, the lack of a large excuse for the Brits to forcibly smash dissent means that other forms of resistance gather headway, resulting in the emergence of a passive resistance campaign and calls for reforms well before Ghandi's time...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

A plague strikes, disfiguring all humanity into completely hairless, blank-featured, pale-skinned mutants with no distinguishing fingerprints or other easily identifiable features....People even sound the same...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

SO I suppose the call for "Clone Rangers" is in order! Some great ones guys!

During the introduction of communism the US going thru it's own troubles slides straight into communism. The thing it it doesn't sink to the depths that Stalin want. It has fundamental differences, sort of like the differences between Russia and China. But those differences is enough to keep the US from assisting Russia against Germany during WW2. After WW2 there is another cold war. One far more violent as the three communist forces turn on each other far more violently. The captitolist power group ends up watching the rest destroy themselves.
Last edited by Aramanthus on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

in 1960, the Soviets launch Project E-4, an effort to demonstrate Soviet technological expertise and capabilities by exploding a nuclear weapon on the Moon's surface(the Americans were also planning to do the same, supposedly to blast loose and up samples of lunar material for study...something akin to the Martian meteorites on Earth),...The effort goes forward, and makes it to the execution stage, and a medium-kiloton device explodes on the Moon...triggering an ancient automated underground Atlantean military complex that interprets the bomb-probe as a pre-emptive strike...the complex immediately responds by launching a devastating missile and kinetic weapons strike on Earth, targeting the continental regions...Earth is subject to several barrages of lunar rocks hamnmered at us, and attempts to launch a counterattack get shot down almost immediately..
The complex is a rather stupid robot, but still far beyond anybody's capabilities...it doesn't know its makers are long gone, and it's sitting at thr top of a gravity well...stopping the thing will take global cooperation, once the superpowers pull themselves together, but since it's the height of the Cold War, that's going to take a lot of diplomacy...and the lunar fortress keeps chucking rocks at what it perceives to be legit targets...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Time travel is invented by a private group with secret goals, and it is proven through trial and error that paradoxes do not destroy reality. Space & Time will correct the paradox in the least destructive way possible (path of least resistance).

Soon history is totally screwed up as various historical battles find the historical victors on the losing side due to modern weaponry & tactics. Balance of power is thrown out the door as this private group buys stocks and shares and sets up entire corporations and banks with knowledge of the future economy, designing and building future technology decades before it was historically invented, etc.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
taalismn
Priest

Stalin's orders for the post-WW2 KGB to kidnap the Sanger brothers from Germany, in order to duplicate and produce their feared 'antipodal bomber' project, succeeds...and in the late 1950s, the Soviet Union decides to teach the West a 'lesson' by launching a wave of sub-orbital bomber raids armed with kinetic bombs...
Unfortunately, while the new bombers make the required speed, range, and altitude, they run into an unanticipated problem...atmospheric friction...that the Sangers didn't fully understand...The entire armada of spaceplanes overheats and self-immolates in mid-atmosphere, leaving Stalin's 'surprise' a shower of harmless metal debris flaming into the oceans, and putting the USSR in the unhappy position of facing a newly-formed NATO without the intended ace in the hole to trump the West...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Cool ones guys! They even mentioned the Antipodal bombers over in Luftwaffe 1946 comic from Antarctic comics.

The communist decide to go to war openly against the west ignoring the theory of MAD. They work from months to set the stage. They even manage to give any and all of the spies from the west misleading information. The west is ill prepared for the what is too come. Surgical strikes on the western side of the iron curtain causes much panic. And several capitols, including Washington, London, Toronto, Madrid, Bonn are all taken out with the use of backpack nukes. Which are smuggled into those various capitols by disguising the nukes as soda dispensing machine. They succeed at capturing all of western Europe and even land on North America. There the fight is bitter and very contested. The war goes on to this day. Pepsi and coke both get the blame and their sales dry up.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Coca-Cola is bought up by the Columbian drug cartels and used to insidiously addict the free World to laced soda products....the North American economy becomes suborned to serving the luxury market for the cartel, and subsistance-feeding all those dope-zombies working for their next fix....Bands of anti-colaists fight a bitter resistance against the soda companies and their South American masters, and the CIA is divided between thoseashamed they didn't spot this coming and those ashamed they didn't think of the ploy first to addict OTHER countries...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Abe Lincoln was not assassinated by John Wilkes Booth. He was assassinated by a southern plot using a thoroughly brainwashed black man as the assassin. The result is a a whole new era of racism and hate.
taalismn
Priest

John Wilkes Booth's pistol misfires, exploding in his hand and taking off his hand at the wrist..He bleeds to death before he can try to take out Lincoln with the knife he is also carrying......This incredible happenstance is taken as a miracle by Lincoln advocates, effectively cementing his image as the Great Leader in history...Of course, his premature death from Marfans Syndrome several years later doesn't tarnish this idea any...though Southern ex-pats are quick to declare his wasting illness as sign of 'God's punichment of a wicked man'...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Fidel Castro gets discovered by Hollywood, while working as an extra...His ambitions and dreams of acting fame are realized and he soon rises to fame as an actor alongside other esteemed Latin actors are Ricardo Montelbahn....The Revolution suffers as a result of Hollywood's gain...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

FDR dies in 1944,the Valkyrie group are Successfull in Killing Hitler and taking over germany.

Making a deal with the West,All Germany is under ther control.
taalismn
Priest

In 1962 the United States carried out Starfish Prime, to test the viability of nuclear weapons as ABM weaponry....a 1.8 megaton nuclear device was exploded 250 miles above the Pacific Ocean....revealing the unexpected side effect of EMP...electronics from Hawaii to New Zealand were knocked out....had the Pacific Rim been been more dependent on electronics, and has not the commerical electronics of the time not been so crude, the economic disaster would have been catastrophic...

It's 2009...somebody's just decided to see what would happen....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Those are some great ones guys! keep them coming!

The communist revolution in Cuba and Vietnam never takes place. Just after WW2 after watching what is happening in Eastern Europe the US and it's allies takes steps in various other areas in the world to prevent the spread of communism. This is because in stead of supporting the leaders they helped in our universe, they support the people. They managed to endear the populace of Cuba to the US by helping provide human rights and anything else the people need to set up a democracy. The poloticians also courted Ho Chi Minh during WW2 and actually created a democratic and free Vietnam.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Extensive North Vietnamese tunneling under the DeMiltarized Zone accidentally triggers a previously unknown fault line, causing an 'Ultimate California'-style earthquake that effectively splits South Vietnam from the mainland and shifts it southward, creating a five-mile wide strait down the DMZ,,,
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Human development is hobbled by the need to placate the nature spirits in those realms people are interfering in...Want to cut down a lot of lumber? You have to make your case to the spirits of the forest, and you may not get their approval, forcing you to find a forest where the spirits are more amenable to your suit(or weaker)....Want to mine for minerals or dig a tunnel? Appeal to the spirits of the Earth, go elsewhere, or go around...'Man as Master of Nature' never arises as a concept...or not until Humanity essentially gets desperate enough to declare open war on the spirits...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Another couple of good ones. Man we have covered a lot of major events. Are we running out of major events? I hope not.

As they deplete the oceans due to the wrong types of harvesting they eventually kill off the last of the ocean going species. The worldd, especially those who use it the most panic and their societies start breaking down. Scientist warned them of this for decades. The people start to kill off those pesky scientists. One of the last of these eco scientist suggest a radical cure of using massed clone sea creatures to try and restore the seas. The cure isn't exactly the right answer. The end of life on earth presently could be near.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

1)in year 2000,Every one over the Age of 13 dies in Asia and the Middle East,How would the World reacte?

2)South America is reversed in time to 1494,What do you think will happed?

3)North America of 2009 go back in time to 1776,what do you think will happed?
taalismn
Priest

A massive earthquake actually RAISES the West Coast region up some 5,000-8,000 ft, with Sacramento soon rivaling Denver for the highest city in the United States..and exposes an additional several several miles of coastline(actually a good swath of the western continental shelf...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Well Gaby. Hmmm I'll try and answer yours in order that you answered.

1) There would probably be a massive land grab since those left over wouldn't have a clue about using most of the military weapons left over at least at first. They'd have to learn quick or else their way of life will be gone. And you could expect some societal changes unless those children have extensive trainning in their various religions.

2) Again probably a massive land grab simply because of the resources. The only way the people could defend themselves against the modern militaries is to fight a non standard war simliar to what is going on in Iraq.

3) Another massive land grab. Again leading to major combat

Interesting place Taalismn. Not only do you add the extra area to the west coast, but you loose some ports. But you gain access to the resources normally lost to the depths of the edge of the coastal drop off.

Let's continue the geophysical stuff.

Suddenly the re is an eruption at the bottom of the atlantic and the pacific which causes two massive volcanos to rise from the depths. These islands quickly reach the surface and displace more sea water then just global warming is doing. These islands quickly expand to become small subcontinents in their own right. The disturbance is significant enough to actually create their own tetonic plates. Two pristine subcontinents to allow mankind to expand further. They can build the economy of these two.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Here's one from H.G. Wells:
The continents sink, while the ocean floors rise up...This process is cyclic; by the time the civilizations that arise from the ruins get comfortable(and have forgotten all about their origins), catastrophe is again visited upon them as the process reverses...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That would be a scarry world. Simply because of the devastation occuring that often would be so destructive to civilazations. Nice one though.

We it found thru research that automobiles are not actually destructive to the ecology. As it turns out the studies totally got it backwards. Car exhaust is actually preserving our environment. The really reason for global warming is due to extrasolar life forms who are out to terraform our world to their standards.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Computers are proven to be stealing not just our attention, but our souls... :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Interesting variation Duck-foot. Are you going to continue this one? It'd be interesting to see more of it.

The world as we know it ends over night. In our sleep one timezone at a time. The last things people see in their dreams is a pig poking his head and upper body thru this black hole and says "Thhhhhhhhaaaattt's All Folks!" And after that the world fades from existance. And it's stored somewhere in God's video library.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Preston Tucker exposes the allegations against him as a heavyhanded attempt by the established American automotive industry to crush him and his Tucker Torpedo...the resulting scandal pushes orders of the triple-headlighted car to become a new American favorite, and catapults Tucker Automotive into the limelight...continued good sales, and a defection of talent from Ford and other manufacturers keeps Tucker Automotive in the forefront of innovation...
However, by 2009, TA is one of the companies, having grown stagnant, that is asking fro money from Congress...The 'Tucker Miracle', however, continues to inspire smaller firms to challenge the big companies...For instance, in Puerto Rico, a small start-up firm proposes to build a cheap, multi-purpose transport plane that can compete with such designs as the C-130...when it is sandbagged under suspicious circumstances, their lawyers invoke the 'Tucker Corporate Transparency Law' that reveals the investigation to be politically motivated, at the behest of mainland American industry....with the dogs called off, the company begins manufacturing its aircraft using semi-skilled labor on Puerto Rico, laying the groundwork of a high-tech economic boom on the island...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”