What is your favorite glossed over tidbit?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Re: What is your favorite glossed over tidbit?

Unread post by sHaka »

That the Republicans killed Nostrous Dunscon (sourced from the Tin Man sneak preview).

I'm yet to Acquire SB1:updated, so I don't how much this is covered. But I see this having possibly large ramifications.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Yeah. That actually entertains me greatly. That the entire war between the Coalition and the Federation of Magic was effectively created by the Republicans. I hope my PC's don't find that out. It would get nasty.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

I always like the tidbit that the lords of magic are is one Alien Intelligence with split personalities.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Pox wrote:The hinting that the CS got the idea for their Shrike Interceptor's ASRRAAMM missile by reverse engineering the SSM-7&9 of the AGA-1JF Fighter from Macross II they "acquired"

Book and page? I don't recall which one the Shrike is in.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Unread post by Seneca »

Source Book 4 the CSN pg 88. Wow I never made that connection myself!

It is implied that they reverse engineered it from an "alien" combat vessel....
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Larhold tribe camp captured a Galapagos Submersible Robot in South America 2. The tribe uses it as its flagship and the vehicle has permanent damaged reducing its M.D.C. by 20%. Now thats a setup for a gaming group to it own mobile base from a bunch of savages who don't deserve it.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

There is a tribe of Tokanii that can take O.C.C.'s. Try it sometime, its awesome.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

The Splugorth's respect come reverence for dragonkind is another.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

sHaka wrote:The Splugorth's respect come reverence for dragonkind is another.
For those Megaversal Beings "old" enough to know and remember, it was the Dragons -amongst the first slaves of the Old Ones -whose whispers were instrumental in their downfall (they persuaded Xy to craft the super Magic Circle, and at the same time persuaded his immediate subordinates to sabotage it).

Without Xy's departure weakening the Old Ones, without Thoth's subsequent appearance on the side of the Alliance of Light, and without the help of Kym-Nark-Mar (greatest of the God Dragons) in casting the Super Spell -not to mention the wartime sacrifice of vast numbers of Dragons.....

...the Old Ones would have remained in charge, and they are so vastly powerful that even the Megaverse's most powerful Alien Intelligences were bound to the Old Ones' will; for that the Splugorth are profoundly grateful.
Last edited by cornholioprime on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Kikkoman wrote:that MDC weapons are uncommon and rare...

OMGoodness this is so frelling true....it is not even funny...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Mouser13 wrote:I always like the tidbit that the lords of magic are is one Alien Intelligence with split personalities.

Well, it's hinted that the whole thing was just a Dunscon acid-trip too...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

In the Phase World market selection it says the Naruni will sometime give a big discount or supply equipment for free for the rights to film wars. They send a film crew and equip soldier with mini-cameras. They use the filmed action for movies and other form of entertainment. Plus In Naruni Second Wave it says some groups can have credit on large purchases like the Reaper of Juggernaut hover tank. Later they can turn over captured lands, slaves, vehicles and weapons as payment to the Naruni sales rep. Great way to get a mercenary group off the ground. Nice story twists could happen if say the Naruni film team also equips the enemy and tip them off to your group's actions.
Last edited by runebeo on Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

laodaur hunters spelling don't have my books here, but the insane autododge ceatures with magical and psonic abilities. are has of Debee of North America are optional player characters not NPC only they are where in psycape.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

duck-foot wrote:karl prosek mother being a sorceress

karl may have a brother some where in the magic zone

Karls mom wasnt a mage, the story goes that during the Bloody Campaign Joe the 1st had a mistress that was a mage who gave birth to a son (Karls half brother) after she was banished/sent away so Joe the 1st didnt have to explain things.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Did Lieutenant General Sawyer make it into ARCHIE's Stasis Army or somehow, otherwise survived??

(I would very much like to see her survive to the Present Day [she's from Rifts: Chaos Earth and she was there on 22 Dec 2098]; if she somehow became quasi-immortal and has 300 years of stories to offer, I'd like that too.
I'd hate to think that if she survived, that she would have supported the Coalition States as it currently exists in any way shape or form. I'd rather that she wasn't one of the Republicans, either.)

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

That Superweapon that Tolkeen was going to unleash but never did....what was it, and perhaps even more importantly: who currently has the "schematics" for it??

Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

The hidden tidbit that the SOT books were an acid trip (Semi JK)

Seriously the tidbit I love is the hinted at and very lost Lemuria book.

(To answer the Who runs the Brodkil Empire that's answered in Mindwerks, The Angel of Darkness unofficially rules them)

and another tidbit that I like is Manhunter.

Return to “Rifts®”