About character creation...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

About character creation...

Unread post by Colt47 »

After being away from the game for a while and taking a good look at the character creation rules, this game needs a lot of work. They don't even cover all of the statistics that are supposed to be filled out on the default character sheet provided in the Adventure book. Has palladium released any new books or a comprehensive character creation section?
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Johnathan
Adventurer

Re: About character creation...

Unread post by Johnathan »

Wow... Y'know, I've been playing RIFTS now for about... 14 years-ish. Not once did I ever, EVER use the default character sheet. To me it always seemed like a LOT of numbers, letters and words all thrown onto a piece of paper and sparringly organized for the sake of space or "convenience". Or... I thought it was VERY sparing in certain areas (Let's face it, you play a ley line walker... you ARE going to run out of room to write those spells in eventually...)

Anyway, after a while of trying different character sheets and such online out, I just decided to say "to hell with this" and made my own character sheet up. Written up VERY straight forward and easy to deal with and since I wrote it up myself, I know where to find anything and everything involved in a character.

Case in point, write up your own sheet, ya? Believe me when I say it's way easier and you'll have a firm grasp of your character.
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
Kalidor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kalidor »

To me it always seemed like a LOT of numbers, letters and words all thrown onto a piece of paper and sparringly organized for the sake of space or "convenience"

But that's pretty much the books too, when you think about it.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

There's too much variety in Rifts to use a character sheet template. I recommend just using MS Word (or similar) to draft up your character, then print. That way to can include only what you want, and organize it in whatever way appeals to you. During a gaming session it's easy to make pencil changes to it and update the electronic file later. You can also save a new version of the document as you make changes, thereby creating a 'history' of character sheets.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I do the same as Mack does anymore.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Johnathan
Adventurer

Unread post by Johnathan »

Basically the same way I work it. I use Word, or some derivative of that to make a character sheet and have it up. Unfortunately, finding a gaming group that is within FIFTY MILES of my location is like looking for a CS Enthusiast in the Bronze City... Gooooood Luck!

Most of my gaming is now done online, so I just have to open up my characters file and BOOM, there ya go. Editing is easy, quick and simple.
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

I even go so far is to include a character sheet template for my players on rpol.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Yes well I'm currently using a notebook and pencil to get all the stats completed.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:

Return to “Rifts®”