Palladium fantasy books in development

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DBX
Hero

Palladium fantasy books in development

Unread post by DBX »

copy/paste from latest weekly update

Palladium Fantasy® – Mysteries of Magic 2 & 3
Palladium Fantasy® – Tombs of Gersidi expanded and new.
Plus I have a few ideas on this front myself to revitalize this line.
gaby
Knight

Re: Palladium fantasy books in development

Unread post by gaby »

Good to known.
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

Personally, let's see something on undiscovered lands beyond the known world. Sure, there's Island at the Edge of the World, but I'm talking bigger, like a whole new continent or two with established kingdoms, governments, rivalries, new races and so on. I can see the Western Empire or Bizantium taking the lead in discovering such a place and going from there.
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
novatomato
Wanderer

Unread post by novatomato »

or better yet Julius, another race/nation from another island coming to the Palladium continent! From there have descriptions of the lands and customs etc. Can also be the factor that initiates full on war between the nations. A naval conflict between Byzantium and the Western Empire in which the Black Ships are revealed in full. Lots of potential when a new factor, like a new continent, comes into the equation.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

JuliusCreed wrote:Personally, let's see something on undiscovered lands beyond the known world. Sure, there's Island at the Edge of the World, but I'm talking bigger, like a whole new continent or two with established kingdoms, governments, rivalries, new races and so on. I can see the Western Empire or Bizantium taking the lead in discovering such a place and going from there.

novatomato wrote:or better yet Julius, another race/nation from another island coming to the Palladium continent! From there have descriptions of the lands and customs etc. Can also be the factor that initiates full on war between the nations. A naval conflict between Byzantium and the Western Empire in which the Black Ships are revealed in full. Lots of potential when a new factor, like a new continent, comes into the equation.

I like where your heads are at :ok:

Personally, I'd like to see the revised Yin-Sloth too.

~ Josh
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

JuliusCreed wrote:Personally, let's see something on undiscovered lands beyond the known world. Sure, there's Island at the Edge of the World, but I'm talking bigger, like a whole new continent or two with established kingdoms, governments, rivalries, new races and so on. I can see the Western Empire or Bizantium taking the lead in discovering such a place and going from there.

Honestly, I hope this never happens.

Why? It'll have no weight to the rest of the known world and likely end up doing the Rifts silly spiral. Contained worlds are better then limitless worlds (simpler to grasp the overall, easier to create thematic and the like). Assuming after Old Kingdoms, Yin-Sloth and South Wind, I suppose I could be fine with it, but never before those three books. Honestly, aside from those three large areas, I want smaller contained local books, like Mt. Nimro was, you could easily do that again for the 4 Sisters, Phi / Lopan, key cities (like a Kaash adventure supplement, or Wisdom, or Caer Knighfalton, etc.).

Of the listed ones, Mysteries of Magic is nothing short of sweet, so I'm still excited for 2 & 3. Tombs I'm on the fence over, depends what they expand into it, since I'm not a fan of pre-fabricated adventures, and just want setting information (and gear for me to convert or expound off of), so it depends what it offers for that over the 1st edition).
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

And yet no mention of the always-promised LOTD3?
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

Severus Snape wrote:And yet no mention of the always-promised LOTD3?

I noticed it was missing, but I'd long written it off as a dead project.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I do NOT want to see a LOD:3 until after both OK's, South Winds, Phi, Lopan, Wolfen Wars and maybe even Byzantium expanded. I'm actually glad, in some sort of way, that it was too overpowered at not approved.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

The Dark Elf wrote:

I do NOT want to see a LOD:3 until after both OK's, South Winds, Phi, Lopan, Wolfen Wars and maybe even Byzantium expanded. I'm actually glad, in some sort of way, that it was too overpowered at not approved.

I agree. But it would be nice to have a centralized source of undead information...
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Severus Snape wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:

I agree. But it would be nice to have a centralized source of undead information...

Get LOD:2 :erm:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Yeah, no mention of Yin Sloth 2nd edition? I'd been under the impression that it is pretty much ready to go, just needing KS review/editing. I'd assume relatively minimal on that as well. Though when he gets his teeth in to a project, I do see him having a hard time not just OKing updates to 2nd edition and minor rewrites to keep up with "the times". I see him trying to rewrite the whole book with new ideas.

I really just want to see updates to 2nd edition and a few tweaks and publish the darn thing.

After that I am excited about MOM2. Dark and shadow magic. Maybe the S-E-X magic as well (I don't honestly care about it much, but I am very curious about how it would be done/represented). I am also hoping that maybe some kind of warrior wizard class might be introduced at some point. Kind of a paladin type or maybe mystic monk type or something like that. Or more accurately I am picturing something a little more Mystic, but Magic and Physical combat training rather than Magic and Psionics (IE Magic granted through meditation and innate means or maybe even study).

A stand alone tombs book could be interesting, but it would have to be expanded out a heck of a lot. The 1st edition adventure admittedly wasn't a whole lot more than a giant table of room descriptions, but I think it was only around 15 pages. It could be fun though, especially if it includes more information about that little section of Timoro/Old Kingdom Mountains.
Severus Snape
Hero

The Dark Elf wrote:
Severus Snape wrote:
The Dark Elf wrote:

Get LOD:2 :erm:

I apologize - I mis-spoke. What I meant to say was...

I want information on The Citadel. LOTD1 (which I have) makes multiple references to this sourcebook, yet it still doesn't exist.

My bad.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

azazel1024 wrote:I am also hoping that maybe some kind of warrior wizard class might be introduced at some point. Kind of a paladin type or maybe mystic monk type or something like that. Or more accurately I am picturing something a little more Mystic, but Magic and Physical combat training rather than Magic and Psionics (IE Magic granted through meditation and innate means or maybe even study).

have you seen the half wizard or the War magic in one of the Rifters? Not exactly what you're after but decent stuff.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

I have that rifter (37?). Its intersting, I like it, and I'd like to see it "codified" and expanded upon in a future MoM book. Though I am really looking for something more like a soldier/warrior who is that first, and a mage/wizard/mystic second rather than the other way around (well, sort of).
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I have to agree. I want Yin Sloth Jungle 2nd edition. Don't need Island at the End of the
World updated, just take the geographical data and include it with Old Kingdom Mountains
and Low Lands book, oh do include the Crystal Magic in a Mysteries of Magic book. Get Land
of the South Done, PHi and Lopan, and of course Land of the Damned 3. Get the world done.
Especially since the manuscript of some of these books is already submitted. I'm not
interested in other races and fantasy realms just yet. Mysteries of Magic are great. But I ]
want my world expanded especially when the manuscript material is there and just needs to
be edited. Converting 1st edition books shouldn't be that had to make into 2nd edition. I do
with characters all the time :D .
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

azazel1024 wrote:I have that rifter (37?). Its intersting, I like it, and I'd like to see it "codified" and expanded upon in a future MoM book. Though I am really looking for something more like a soldier/warrior who is that first, and a mage/wizard/mystic second rather than the other way around (well, sort of).

Coincidentally enough it sound like you need a witch or undead hunter from Yin sloth 2nd Edition....
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

Manbearpig wrote:Isn't Tombs of Gersidi in the Old Kingdom Mountains? Could this be a way they are trying to get that book's (Old/New Kingdom Mountains) information to us? Or am i way off? I will be excited to read that if that's the case...

It is in the Old Kingdom Mountains, off a smugglers pass between the two large passes north of Timiro. The Old Kingdom Mountains book is not being used for this project; I might have a go at those two old manuscripts if things go well with The Tombs...

-Mike
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
AmasCole
D-Bee

Unread post by AmasCole »

what ever happend to the old kindom mts? i had that on preorder then poof. but i have to agree i would like to see the world finnished and an updated Yin book. alway's thought to add a whole continent on the other side of the Wall i hve even made's map's and ran my old Group threw the area. with a few new OCC and RCC not many mind you like 2 of each but thay seamed to like it.:) so i thought i might pin it up and maybe send it in and see what happens.
MADMANMIKE

Kev has some pretty cool ideas for the rest of the world....
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Tomb of Gersdi was in PFRPG 1st edition book. However, the geographical information doesn't
make sense when you compare it to the rest of Timiro in Old Ones. The right side mountain
range is called Langer Mountain. And Fort Ibera and Fort Bex locations should be noted.
Because I'm certain the adventure doesn't take place in Ogre Pass. I love the adventure and
can't wait to see it redone.
MADMANMIKE

Reagren Wright wrote:Tomb of Gersdi was in PFRPG 1st edition book. However, the geographical information doesn't
make sense when you compare it to the rest of Timiro in Old Ones. The right side mountain
range is called Langer Mountain. And Fort Ibera and Fort Bex locations should be noted.
Because I'm certain the adventure doesn't take place in Ogre Pass. I love the adventure and
can't wait to see it redone.

As I said, the High Pass is between the two main passes, with Castle Instax about half way between fort Bext and the Old Kingdom mouth of Ogre Pass. It's a largely unknown pass frequented by smugglers...
tmbn
Wanderer

Unread post by tmbn »

I hope in this order:

Old Kingdom Lowlands
Old Kingdom Mountains
Ophids Grasslans
Land of South Winds
Phi And Lopan

I would like a book on Dwarfes and Elves. With lots of runes and magic and much information on this "lost" races.
Bronn
D-Bee

Unread post by Bronn »

At this point, I don't think I'd care what the book was (although I'd rather it wasn't a reprint/update if I'm being honest), as long as there was a new one. Its tragic how long we go between new material for PFRPG.
Severus Snape
Hero

Bronn wrote:At this point, I don't think I'd care what the book was (although I'd rather it wasn't a reprint/update if I'm being honest), as long as there was a new one. Its tragic how long we go between new material for PFRPG.

Agreed. I realize that Rifts is the company's bread and butter, but we need new material for PFRPG!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Severus Snape wrote:
Bronn wrote:At this point, I don't think I'd care what the book was (although I'd rather it wasn't a reprint/update if I'm being honest), as long as there was a new one. Its tragic how long we go between new material for PFRPG.

Agreed. I realize that Rifts is the company's bread and butter, but we need new material for PFRPG!

:ok:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

The Dark Elf wrote:

I am on the anything that deals with PFRPG is good right now....
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Carl Gleba wrote:I just have some ideas at the moment. I have not proposed anything to Palladium at this time. Probably a source book on the Elf/Dwarf war if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Although an Elf/Dwarf war book would be at the top of my list... (copied from another forum)
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

I am not going to hold my breath for either one of them.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

War magic is in Rifter 29.
MrShowtime
Wanderer

Unread post by MrShowtime »

A nice, well drawn out, Elf/Dwarf war series of books (similar to that of The siege on Tolkeen from Rifts) would be awesome! It could take us back to how the world was prior to, during and just after the war. Those affected (like the Gnome race) could be outlined with info on how they took part in the war. There is so much history that could be recounted and with all the references to the war throughout almost every PFRPG book there is so much I'm sure all of us would love.

But then again, maybe I'm asking for too much lol I am just a huge fan of The Siege on Tolkeen.

New books, I think, is something we will always want. There's always something else that could be expanded on or there's always something that someone feels is missing from the game. I just don't see, at least not in the near future, the world getting completed. No matter how much we ask for it.

But my wish list includes, though not limited to: Phi & Lopan, Land of the South Winds, and a second High Seas book with expansion on Bizantium, The 4 Sister Islands and such and a new Monster Sourcebook with all new monsters (Don't want anyone to get mad but D&D has 5 Monster Sourcebooks in just it's 3.5 Edition).
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

copy/paste of a message by carl gleba from viewtopic.php?f=1&t=124893

I just have some ideas at the moment. I have not proposed anything to Palladium at this time. Probably a source book on the Elf/Dwarf war if someone else doesn't beat me to it.
URLeader Hobbes
Explorer

Unread post by URLeader Hobbes »

Anything but Wolfen or Elf/Dwarf wars. Much rather see LOTD 3 and / or a refresher of Yin Sloth Jungles.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Calisto wrote:Personally I would like to see:

Old Kingdom Foothills (borders to the Baaldor Wastelands and Nimro/ Yin Sloth)

That area is the lowlands (according to giants).
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”