Acceptable(?) level of PFRPG releases

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Acceptable(?) level of PFRPG releases

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

What could people live with?

Ofc more would be great but what's a "we'll get off your back & remain happily loyal" quota for us PFRPG fans?

One 96 pager per year?...
Last edited by The Dark Elf on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Acceptable(?) level of PFRPG releases

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

A book a year would be nice.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

One book per year would be what I'd want, but it wold need to be more then 90 Pages, that's just past rifter (if that). At least something the size of Merc Ops (150 Pages) to Western Empire (which is 250 running off memory).
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Cinos wrote:One book per year would be what I'd want, but it wold need to be more then 90 Pages, that's just past rifter (if that). At least something the size of Merc Ops (150 Pages) to Western Empire (which is 250 running off memory).

Any more then a book a year you start get çråπ in the books. See the rifts books for examples.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Cinos wrote:One book per year would be what I'd want, but it wold need to be more then 90 Pages, that's just past rifter (if that). At least something the size of Merc Ops (150 Pages) to Western Empire (which is 250 running off memory).

Any more then a book a year you start get çråπ in the books. See the rifts books for examples.

Point to where I suggest I want to get more then one book a year?
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Cinos wrote:
Point to where I suggest I want to get more then one book a year?

I was only adding to the point, by giving a reasoning behind it.
If you have noted my 1st post you would see I said the same 1 per year.
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

A book a year would be quite alright by me, however I would like to see 2 good ones.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
URLeader Hobbes
Explorer

Unread post by URLeader Hobbes »

I would like to see one book per year that is well written and complete. Not like some of the releases which are missing info, and do not stay consistant with the already established material.
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

I think 1 or 2 books (or around 200 pages) would work for me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I blog (mainly) about role-playing interests at The Semi-Retired Gamer.
DiceCollector
Wanderer

Unread post by DiceCollector »

1 or 2 GOOD books. If you can get them out on time, then a few smaller (MoM size) would be AMAZING!!
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was NO match fo me at kick boxing" -Emo Philips
TheGameMaster
Explorer

Unread post by TheGameMaster »

I think it would be nice to see one good size book a year, at least a 100 to 250 pages. and then maybe throw in a small book to keep us occupied till the next one comes out.
To GLORY! To VICTORY!! HUZZA!
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

I'd like to see one book a year, somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 or so pages. And not just filler material either. I don't want another 100 pages of crappy, off-the-wall, crazy-assed monsters that are all supernatural evil and cannot be destroyed (I'm looking at you, undead minions). Real stuff. New skills, new OCCs, new world information for areas that haven't been fleshed out fully yet. An example would be the Old City Ruins from Eastern Territory. And I don't mean a rehash of what's already printed - maps, monsters...the whole she-bang.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

For all the 1 or 2 book replies.

Thank you for taking the time to post but could I ask you to clarify. Is the answer one book or two? With small numbers like that it the answer could be very different.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Dark Elf wrote:For all the 1 or 2 book replies.

Thank you for taking the time to post but could I ask you to clarify. Is the answer one book or two? With small numbers like that it the answer could be very different.

1 book of 200 or so pages OR 2 books equaling 200 pages.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

GAR0351 wrote:The common opinion I'm seeing is one book per year of good quality and substantial page count. This I agree on.
I also agree with others that there should not be mention of forthcoming books until there is more solid publication dates. And LotD 3 should just be removed from the website...

What I think should be done is getting some supplemental scenario books out for our younger gamers. My son loves the Fantasy game but needs ideas and guidance to create a good game for his friends. I remember back in the day when I played AD&D and as a teenager relied on adventure supplements for ideas. Starting from scratch is often difficult for younger gamers. It is daunting for a 14 year old to create his own campaign and keep enough depth and adventure in it to hold his players attention.

I think everyone would benefit from that. I would be cool with 3 or 4 adventure sourcebooks similar to the old AD&D modules.
TheGameMaster
Explorer

Unread post by TheGameMaster »

Adventure suplements; hook, line, and sinkers; and books covering other areas of the world. I think that is what should be the focus. LOD3 can wait it already has 2 books. I can't find a book on the Old Kingdom. Also new Spells and Magic Items might be nice. I'm not trying to sound rude and ungreatfull, its just that Palladium Fantasy is so great each book leaves me wanting more. Which is what a good company wants to do, but they don't want to leave their customers wanting too long. Throw us a bone every once and a while before we starve to death!
To GLORY! To VICTORY!! HUZZA!
Ankhr
D-Bee

Unread post by Ankhr »

I'd love a good source book a year. Something bigger than a normal Rifter article, or Rifter itself. One good City/region/kingdom, adventure.. basically just good material that adds depth to the world. Not just a book that adds material for it's own sake.
Grug
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Grug »

I would like to see at least one book. Roughly 150+ pages. I am at the point where it could be on Gnomish engineering and I would be happy that a new PFRPG book came out.
If you know your enemy and know yourself your victory will not stand in doubt. -Sun Tzu
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -Kosh
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

I would love to see at least 1 book a year. There are a lot of areas not done yet. South Winds, Old Kingdom, Phi, Lopan, Bizantium, and LOTD3.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
tmbn
Wanderer

Unread post by tmbn »

A book a year would be great!! Also i would like to see small adventure PDF books on the side. Or small resource books.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

A book a year would be great. Given the current state of affairs I would rather they clear out the backlog first. Until the backlog is removed they will never be caught up. Not to mention as much as I like PF the more profitable line at the moement is Rifts. They need to focus on that first.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

pblackcrow wrote:A book a year would be quite alright by me, however I would like to see 2 good ones.

Seconded.
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”