Can't find a D-bee

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

zaccheus
Explorer

Can't find a D-bee

Unread post by zaccheus »

Hopefully someone can help me, and hopefully I'm not just crazy. I distinctly remember there being a cat like D-Bee that travel around the megaverse in bipedal, open cockpit robot vehicles and I can't seem to find them in any of my books. The closes thing I can find are the Arkhon's, the look somewhat similar to what I remember, but the Arkhon's are more canine or weasal like, and these I remember being more feline, also the arkhon's mechs are nothing like the ones I'm looking for. If anyone can give me the book these guys appear in please let me know, I thought it was D-bees of north america, but I've looked through there at least three times now and can't seem to find them. Thanks for your help.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: Can't find a D-bee

Unread post by cornholioprime »

I can only think of the In'valians, the Lurgess, the Faerie 'Bots, and of course the Mechanoids that regularly travel around in either environmental armor or full-fledged robot suits...but of course none of those species look feline.

Drawing a blank here...if indeed this species that you speak of even exists as you remember them.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

Haven't found anything like that in any Rifts, HU, Manhunter or Mechanoid books, the only place didn't check was the Rifters.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

Amorph or Faerie 'Bots, both in D-Bees of NA.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Faceless Dude
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: The Devil on your Shoulder

Unread post by Faceless Dude »

Garudans? Did the original sentinels have them with their own mechs outside the REF?
Not Misunderstood, Just Evil
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Japan has a Feline like Robot, but no D-Bee.

South America 1 has another Feline 'bot that is used by a variety of powers, one of which is made up of felines. Said bot isn't open cockpit though.

@Faceless Dude
No the Garudans never had any mecha in the RPG. It was the Perytonians (hovercycles), Praxians (Pegasus Robot Horse, maybe the chariot cycle), and a Haydonite Shuttle. Otherwise the Sentinels equipment is very bare.
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

Rappanui wrote:he's thinking of the invalians, but they were never cat like.

There's a few races he could be thinking of and mixing it up not just the one.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
zaccheus
Explorer

I very well could be misremembering or mismatching a couple of things together. I think I'm mixing the arkhon from SA with something else that has roughly human sized robot vehicles but with an open cockpit with the dbee's upper body sticking out. The latter d-bee is the one I can't seem to find for the life of me. I can distinctly remember the art but who knows maybe its just my imagination
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

Rappanui wrote:what you're thinking of is the picture that belongs next to the blood rider.

One of the South America world books?
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

Wooly wrote:
Rappanui wrote:what you're thinking of is the picture that belongs next to the blood rider.

He'll have to provide page numbers what I'm seeing makes no sense at all.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Wooly wrote:

South America 2 pg 133-138 for the Blood Rider OCCs and their mounts. Though I don't see robotic or feline in any of the illustrations in those pages.
Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Unread post by Seneca »

I think what you want is in a Rifter. One of the alternate races from the deep south article that Josh wrote that did not make it into the D-bees of North America book like the rest. The article had the catfish fishermen, the barbarian d-bees, and the sick nomads in it too.

I think it was somewhere in the 20's, around the timedinosaur swamp came out. One of the races are cat like, little d-bees, that build walking exo-suits to explore with.
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3
Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Unread post by Seneca »

Rifter 33: D-Bees of the Eastern Wilds was the article.
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Just a note: that D-Bee (Two-Horned Techno-Men) wasn't cut from D-Bees of North America, I never submitted it with the rest that went in.

I thought they worked better as an optional race rather than a canonical one.

~ Josh
zaccheus
Explorer

Seneca wrote:Rifter 33: D-Bees of the Eastern Wilds was the article.

BINGO!

Thanks so much, it was driving me crazy. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, everytime I looked them up and it wasn't what I remembered it started to make me think I'm delusional...finally though I found it, Rifter 33, p 64 the Techno men
MADMANMIKE
Comment: The Emolancer

Re:

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

zaccheus wrote:Can't find a D-bee...

Dude, seriously? You can't walk half a block in the Chi-Town Burbs without tripping over one... :D

-Mike <8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Cat folk riding power armor? Archons, maybe? They sorta look like cats even though they are supposed to be dog like.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
zaccheus
Explorer

Rappanui wrote:i think your delusional for wanting to play one

LOL I don't want to play one, I'm running a game, with all new players, and one wants to play a "cat girl with a mech". I'm just trying to find options for her, and this is one of several, sure she could just play a mutant cat robot pilot, but I wanted to give her a several options so the character is as close to what she wants as possible.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

zaccheus wrote:
Rappanui wrote:i think your delusional for wanting to play one

LOL I don't want to play one, I'm running a game, with all new players, and one wants to play a "cat girl with a mech". I'm just trying to find options for her, and this is one of several, sure she could just play a mutant cat robot pilot, but I wanted to give her a several options so the character is as close to what she wants as possible.

Cat girl?

Do you have Rifts: Manhunter?

There's a cat race in that (the Kirn) which would fit her needs perfectly.

~ Josh

Return to “Rifts®”