Northern Wilderness Geography Questions

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Re: Northern Wilderness Geography Questions

Unread post by Ravenwing »

I have a map I made of the Disputed Lands for my Eastern Territories Campaign and Rifter Article. But I don't have the thing scanned so it's kinda pointless to mention it and now I kinda feel stupid for doing so :lol:

As to your question, not that I'm aware of. Most of the Wolfen stuff is pretty open as far as where things are. Plus the maps we do have are pretty low quality in terms of size, and clarity. I'd say get some poster board, or a good map maker software program( Campaign Cartographer is great btw.) and make your own.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

twhaley wrote:We've started a new all canine campaign in the Northern Wilderness. I've got 1st edition books 4 & 5, and 2nd edition Wolfen Empire & Northern Hinterlands, but the specifics of where things are seem to be lacking.
The map on page 19 of WE shows tribal centers, I think those are the tribe's capitols. But, the major cities and trading centers are not named, so I don't know if those are left blank for the GM to write up his own thing or are they other cities mentioned in the book?

For example, Member States- where is Havea and Diamond Pointe Horde. Also, where are any of the Imperial States. The book gives the names of the capitols, but no clue where they are on the map. Same with Trial States and Imperial Provinces, there is just no mention of where these things could be.

Northern Hinterlands does a somewhat better job with mapping the Shadow Coast and Kiridin, but I'd still like to see more detail in the maps.

Right now the campaign is around Dream Lake, and I think things will move west, past Dragons Claw as the story progresses (perhaps all the way to the Northern Mountains). I've already started making my own maps, but before I spend too many hours on them I wanted to know if anyone had done this work already.

Or, any help on the geography would be great!

Thanks

I have done some of the mapping- check it out here
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns ... maps/26637

Obviously, some of it is campaign specific, and some varies from canon, but much of it is straight from the books.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
GA
Explorer
Comment: Master of Dirk Diggler Style

Unread post by GA »

Given the affiliation of Havea with the I Long Knife tribe and VIII January Magic Tribe as detailed in the Wolfen Empire book, it is safe to assume that Havea lies between their capitals and thus would be the Star southwest of Shadowfall (The largest circle on the map on page 19 of the wolfen empire book) and Northeast of Atwater (the circled star by the number VIII)....Particularly given the fact that Wolfen Empire on Page 18 says most of their real center of operations is in the Havean capital of Avramstown. The star's proximity to the mountains would also emphasize the mountainous terrain of Havea. No other major city is close enough to Atwater to be its real center of operations.

The Diamond Point Horde has no city (that is against Coyle nature) although it is said they use the Wolfen Capital of shadowfall as their unofficial govt center. Although there is a significant Coyle population here (14,000) the majority of the Coyles seem to live close to XII Iron Claw Tribe (75,000 Coyles) and give the warlike nature of this region with its border on the Eastern territory it would make sense for the Diamond Point Horde to reside in this area. This would also give them a chance to recruit from the Silver Point Horde. However it says the Diamond Point Horde is trying to bring the Emerald Glint Horde into the Empire. If you can find where the Emerald Glint horde is you'd probably have a better place to put the Diamond Point Horde.

As far as the rest you are right they don't say much. I think both gnomes and orcs tend to congregate in mountainous lands so I would tend ot put them in those areas. The gnomes apparently fled the hinterlands which would put them in the west of wolfen territory most likely (although this area seems to be heavily forested but not particularly mountainous). The Orcs would probably be around the mountains near the eastern kingdom border. There probably is some kind of cross referencing you maybe can do with books 4 and 5 and maybe northern hinterlands, high seas, library of bletherad and eastern territory to get a better location of where is where but I just looked at the wolfen empire book.
You kill my dog I'ma slay yo cat-Flava Flav, Terminator X to the Edge of Panic, 1988
A man's gotta know his limitations-Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, 1973
No good deed goes unpunished-Clare Booth Luce

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”