TW Artificial Sun

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: TW Artificial Sun

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

As a GM I would award XP for a clever, but futile idea.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

Naw, see what you need is a micro-sized portal leading to a superluminous star and a disco ball
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Jedrious wrote:Naw, see what you need is a micro-sized portal leading to a superluminous star and a disco ball

In Gold Digger one character encountered vampires in the realm of the Dead so created a portal overhead that put her inside a nice wide cone of Bermuda sunlight. Then because they had really annoyed her she created a pinhole portal nearby and noted that it opened up on the sunny side of Mercury and did they want to get a nice suntan as she could widen the portal very easily. They ran as fast as their flight powers would let them.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Mallak's Place
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mallak's Place »

The Mysteries of Magic book (Book One: Heart of Magic) has a 3rd level Air Warlock Spell called Globe of True Sunlight that creates True Sunlight. Our Groups TW has been almost salivating since he learned about the spell.
Last edited by Mallak's Place on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Brilliant!

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Thank you for giving me my next Rifts Villain. A Techno-Wizard that has spent his life creating a powerful artificial sun that he will launch so that it is eternal day. Crops will die, rivers will dry unless he is paid handsomely to regulate it (at least that is the motivation the general populous and players think he has). Furthermore he can increase the intensity to levels that will kill anyone short of a Burster within a few hours of being in the sun and he has a TW Power Armour suit that allows him to manipulate the light rays it gives off to generate the "light blade" spell or create "hard light" illusions--illusions that while the sun is burning are REAL!

Spoiler:
In truth his gothic teenage daughter had started hearing a beautiful voice singing outside her window but when she went to see it, it told her not to look, the voice and the girl became good friends and she fell in love with him. They would exchange romanticized stories of Vampires and tell each other secret things. The young girl was at the age where it was difficult for her father and her to get along and conflict inevitably arose over trivial things. He did not understand her or her dark clothes and both her and the voice thought his inventions were corny and cooky. Soon the voice started telling the young girl how to change her lot in life, little ways to do things... how to hide or create doors in space to slip from one room to another quickly so she would not have to talk to her father when he brought her dinner. She had become a shifter. Not long after that the Vampire Intelligence outside her window allowed her to see it and it was beautiful... she gave herself over to her alien lover and let its ravenous hunger devour her and reinvent her... her father could not save her in time... but for all her new defiance and power he could contain her and without her psychic potential the voice was powerless in this world--little more than a faint whisper in the back of her mind!
Though the cage cannot hold indefinitely, the crystals used to generate the light prison beneath his home run out of power and he cannot move her to a Ley Line where the cage could sustain itself infinitely because she is too powerful and would kill him without a second thought and so he keeps her there, his beloved daughter with hateful eyes and does all he can to be a good father and protect her from the monsters of the night. The sun keeps the others that come for her away and the power of the light cage prevents that terrible creature from coming back through... but he must do terrible, terrible things lest she break free and the world learn of his secret and terrible, terrible failure as a father.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Oy...that's epic family drama, Rifts-style, Akashic. :ok:

But yeah, building or acquiring the secrets of the construction of a roving Solar Death Star would make for a good adventure. Building a tactical version would be a lucrative venture in vampire slaying, while building a strategic version could be an important, even decisive, moment in the war against the Undead.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Rolling Bear wrote:Alright, so I was thinking of a way to decimate vampires and I thought to myself what if I could make a TW sun?

Here is what I'm thinking so far, let me know if you guys would add anything else. True Sunlight + Gaint + Lightblade + Telekenisis + Ignite Fire + Fuel Flame.

The idea is create a giant globe of daylight that burns with lightblades, contained and deliverd telekenetically. My idea is that the giant sun would act like the real suns rays, thus vandamage.

Only change I'd make. I'd allow it too, it's an awesome idea. Get a TW harness which creates a static bubble of "moving water" around you and have your giant sun follow you then proceed to walk straight across Mexico :)
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Dr Megaverse wrote:
Rolling Bear wrote:Alright, so I was thinking of a way to decimate vampires and I thought to myself what if I could make a TW sun?

Here is what I'm thinking so far, let me know if you guys would add anything else. True Sunlight + Gaint + Lightblade + Telekenisis + Ignite Fire + Fuel Flame.

The idea is create a giant globe of daylight that burns with lightblades, contained and deliverd telekenetically. My idea is that the giant sun would act like the real suns rays, thus vandamage.

Only change I'd make. I'd allow it too, it's an awesome idea. Get a TW harness which creates a static bubble of "moving water" around you and have your giant sun follow you then proceed to walk straight across Mexico :)

Techno-Wizard tank full of liquid oxygen (held in place by a magical energy feild) that is a small one man vehicle on wheels. You get in, strap yourself in, grab the controls and drive around. It has the special ability to shoot Water Pulse as per the elemental spell in book of Magic at your enemies but has no other weapon besides a few headlights that are suped up with Globe of Daylight. I call it.... the TW Nightcrawler!

Perfect for night travel in Mexico (to Quote Alfonse Frank) "where the Vampires roam free!"
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

well.......it is difficult to come up with a way to make an miniture sun, though the whole"open a rift to a sun" does make perfect sense, just not easy to do unless you are a shifter or temporal wizard.

but given that the sun is the very essence of cosmic (even though it is dramatically lighter then a black hole mass wise) try using some of those space spells from Fleets of the 3 galaxies
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer

Return to “Rifts®”