What Rifts books are in the pipeline?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

What Rifts books are in the pipeline?

Unread post by runebeo »

At the moment no listed Rifts books listed in the coming soon part of the store, except for Chaos Earth NEMA Mission Book One & First Responders. Anyone know of any books in the works? I know the Minion War series took like 7 years to finish but now that its done is there any talk of a new major series in the near future?
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
BuzzardB
Explorer

Re: What Rifts books are in the pipeline?

Unread post by BuzzardB »

I don't think minion wars is done is it?

I believe Rifts - Heroes of Humanity is...next?
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Wouldn't mind some more CS equipment. I'm still hope one day they'll break out all those Glitter Boys they confiscated over the last few decades, plus seized & salvaged during the Quebec War and slap a skull head on them with new chestplate, put it on the cover and I'll pre-order now :)
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Is more interested in what is in the RT and PF RPG pipelines.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

What books do still need to full flush out the world?

Lazlo, New Lazlo, another Africa or rewrite, Canada 2 maybe, Psyscape 2, Federation of magic 2, second D-Bee book with a global reach, a real Coalition cities book and Blackmarket 2 perhaps. Any other ideas?
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

I'd like to see Australia completed. Right now it's just sort of hanging there. It's not a popular destination, but I'd like to see Mystic Australia (at least).
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

I liked parts of Australia but I guessed flopped bad, so I can only see it being touched on in the Rifter.
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

Something in NA beyond the new west maybe? Fix the damage done to south america and the oceans by CJ? More about the solar system? Chaos earth ?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

runebeo wrote:I liked parts of Australia but I guessed flopped bad, so I can only see it being touched on in the Rifter.

i could see a full book.. but it would need to be someone seriously dedicated to writing it in a fashion palladium will accept, and to doing the kind of research you'd need to get the details close enough.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Australia had lots of nice stuff indeed and info on the lifestyle was great to add spice to other rift places. the technologist class was insanely good. Hope we get a Australia update at touch on the cancelled books material one day.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
runebeo wrote:I liked parts of Australia but I guessed flopped bad, so I can only see it being touched on in the Rifter.

i could see a full book.. but it would need to be someone seriously dedicated to writing it in a fashion palladium will accept, and to doing the kind of research you'd need to get the details close enough.

One thing I saw mentioned is somebody is working on a new navy source book and that sounded like it contained at least some info about the great barrier reef millenial creature which is talked about in rifts australia. So that may be a good way to add in at least some of the basic stuff to help flesh the australia setting out a bit.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I think for the near term at least this year and probably into next you likely are not going to see another rifts book soon. Between the REF marines book and graveyard earth, byzantium that likely will keep them busy until spring. They also seem to really want to pump out at least one new splicers book which is a setting that desperately needs some official source book loving and given the artwork in the new charles walton art book its clear they are working on that project/projects. Once that kind of stuff gets out next at bat is probably heroes of humanity or the antartica book or perhaps the secrets of the atlantean books that keep popping up in the comming book section of the catelogues.
Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Unread post by Bood Samel »

What happened to delta blues and that deep south book? I'd like to see books in the vein of Madhaven and Shemarrian nation, just neat low powered wasteland stuff.
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

Bood Samel wrote:What happened to delta blues and that deep south book? I'd like to see books in the vein of Madhaven and Shemarrian nation, just neat low powered wasteland stuff.

Im all for this
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Deep south book....those are the dino swamp books.

Florida is half gone the rest be swamp (see above). New Orleans and the gulf coast gone.

As for places with missing books Australia 2, China 3, Japan 2. Not to mention Land of the Damned III, Mechinoids Space, Tome Grotesque and Beyond Arcanum, Warpath, NEMA Mission book1, CE First responders, Mysteries of Magic 2&3.

You want low powered Wastelands......you don't get many wastelands in Rifts (and they are already covered , for the most part)....most of the wastelands have grown out to wild-lands. The Baalgor Wastelands is the only real Wastelands book in PB's library outside of post rain of death robotech.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

We still need a proper Psi-World dimension book to compliment the Psyscape world book.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Proseksword
Adventurer

Unread post by Proseksword »

Hmm. Anyone have a complete list of previously announced books that never came out? I always find that to be an interesting topic.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Rifts chi town announced ages ago
secrets of the atlanteans
rifts antarctica
australia 2/3
deep south delta blues
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

We need a Lazlo and Cs book more than we need a Antartica book imo. Not to say I don't want to see a Antartica book. I do. Not at the expense of the first two books I mentioned. As for the pipeline I think their is a HUGE backlog of manuscripts still to be worked on. It's anyone guess what we will see.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Sureshot wrote:We need a Lazlo and Cs book more than we need a Antartica book imo. Not to say I don't want to see a Antartica book. I do. Not at the expense of the first two books I mentioned. As for the pipeline I think their is a HUGE backlog of manuscripts still to be worked on. It's anyone guess what we will see.

I concur really if they only do one more NA book lazlo would be it. We need another good magic supplement along lines of federation of magic and lazlo really could use some info on it as it should be one of the main jump off points for adventurers.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

kaid wrote:We need another good magic supplement along lines of federation of magic.

I want to see new magic spells. Or ways of casting magic. Not more magic toys, power armor or vehicles. We have enough of those. In the book of magic casters rely on magic first tech only if they need to. So we don't need another magic powered plasma rifle serial number 2345 yet again. As well post SOT there should be more anti-tech spells. If the CS can get at fighting magic using foes why can't magic users get better at fighting tech based opponents. As I consider Negate Mechanics as something of a joke. The type of spell I would have to be given free by the GM or paid a lot of money to take.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

What IS in the pipeline, god only knows (I think Sovietskii and Heroes of Humanity are likely the top candidates here)

Now if you want to know what people THINK should be enroute...well i can tell you and in what order I THINK they should be done.

Heroes of Humanity (to get MW done)
Sovietskii (by TGK)
Lazlo/New Lazlo
CS Chi-town
CS Iron Heart/Missouri/Arkansas
Scandinavia (done by GB2098)
New Navy
Rifts Space (after losing all my info in a move I am yet to have the time, or motivation at this time, to rebuild the data on this. No I was not asked to do it nor did I ever pitch it but I was doing it anyway as it NEEDS to be done in my opinion)
Canada 2 (so much potential lost in the first one in my opinion)
Japan 2
Africa 2
Australia 2
DBees of the World
and at some point I think a well done Middle East book would be a great thing too.

Now this is just for World books.

Other books I THINK need doing are more like Splat books/ Source books that cover things like:

Colorado Baronies
Golden Age Weaponsmiths
Mercs 2
Other Small Communities across the world

And in regards to Dimension Books.....

A source book for each Major Government (CCW, TGE, UWW, FWC) and a couple for the minor governments (covering them more in depth and in groups). Why? Because honestly they coverage they have received is sporadic and spread all over the damn place not to mention for multi galactic spanning empires they have very few combat craft etc. I'd like to see it all expanded. Phaseworld is an excellent setting.

Also a couple of true Dimension books for newer settings. By true Dimension book I mean a one and done like book leaving expansion for the GMs and players and not like Phaseworld which I think should be spun off into it's own game honestly. This SHOULD have the added benefit of quicker turnaround on those specific books as Kevin should NOT have to do much editing at all since it does not have to fit his VISION of how things should be. That can only be a good thing for production time at the least.

Other games?

Robotech. Marines and two ship books (Earth forces and Enemy Forces). After that I am fine with nor more books for this as that will complete the official and canon material.

I'd like to see BttS2 completed properly. I can complete it myself with monsters and magic but it needs doing officially.

Fantasy. Get the remaining world books done so the world is completed. It is what got Kevin making games. It is what should be what gets more love than anything else barring, perhaps, Rifts.

I'd like to see a new edition of N&SS (though that is very much a pipe dream) with some splat books to go with it.

I'd like to see the HU world fleshed out a bit more (I know it's a sandox) with books like Century Station and Gramercy Island.

I'd like to see splat books for AtB.

Now you may ask why am I adding in other games in a thread about Rifst books? Because to be perfectly honest, Rifts (and Robotech) are THE two games I play most so everything else are just source books for Rifts (and too a very lesser extent Robotech) for me to exploit and use.

There my two.....er, fifty cents on the matter.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

I did enjoy Phaseworld but Rifts is suppose to be a Dimension Nexus yet few dimensions are flushed out for us other than Phaseword, Hades, Deval Wormwood, Skraypers and all the other main lines. I like to see a something like a hitchhiker's guide the Megaverse (thats a law suit waiting to happen lol) mainly M.D.C. dimensions are switching to s.d.c. always leads to someone getting upset. "My Glitter Boy got blow up by a bazooka rocket, in Rifts it would take 11+ rockets to destroy it." and in Palladium Fantasy "When I use to play, the gods and dragons were killable by a small group of adventures (100-700 hit points) now they have thousands and thousands of sdc/hitpoints." I say to them its inflation and those adventures were much harder then u remember. "No remember the time we killed Satan in just 3 turns?" "Yes but now he's been replaced with someone far tougher and the big baddies are way improved to take us hours to beat." Just how does a lone Knight kill a regeneration dragon with a claymore? The answer bring an army of few dozen lol.

Rifts sure could use a few more nice dimensions to explore. As good as Wormwood was it first cut psychic abilities down, then limited isps available and most of the equipment dies off world. I love Splicers as well but the nano plague makes it hard to visit with any tech and the Night lands destroys all non-organic materials, thats overkill but half the time we ignore that part anyways.

homebrew dimensions always get confusing and even Chaos Earth seems off with how different the demons are and how limited the spell casters abilities and spells are. Still love Choas Earth setting. Phaseword is too powerful for our play group, so we could really use more Choas Earth type settings, perhaps something like Splicers world before the Machines took over.

Lazlo is most needed book as our group often goes there.

As much as I'd like a Chi-town book it kind of be out of reach as our group usually bringing with magic, psychics and alien tech which sure would limit how long we could be there before the psi-hounds would find us lol.

Canada 2 could be part of the Lazlo book or vice versa and since I'm Canadian and most of group adventures are in and around the Great Lakes and East Coast it sure come in handy.

Africa & England were some of my least favorite books but I think second ones or better yet rewrites could really spruce them up. An easy fix is to move the date ahead saying the king found out that the wizard was a fake but the Lady of the Lake & the Queen are still in undercover.
allmarduk
D-Bee

Unread post by allmarduk »

I hope exotic new RIFTS books are in the pipeline.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Sureshot wrote:
kaid wrote:We need another good magic supplement along lines of federation of magic.

I want to see new magic spells. Or ways of casting magic. Not more magic toys, power armor or vehicles. We have enough of those. In the book of magic casters rely on magic first tech only if they need to. So we don't need another magic powered plasma rifle serial number 2345 yet again. As well post SOT there should be more anti-tech spells. If the CS can get at fighting magic using foes why can't magic users get better at fighting tech based opponents. As I consider Negate Mechanics as something of a joke. The type of spell I would have to be given free by the GM or paid a lot of money to take.

I agree that is why I say we need another federation of magic style source book. The original unrevised federation of magic book had the first and pretty much only major addition to standard spell invocations available to all normal magic users. That info later got moved into the book of magic.
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Since even Rifts Conversion books never really covered well Wards & Magic Circle, it could be done in a new book and expanded greatly, since what if u never bought palladium Fantasy or don't have it anymore.

I'd like more psionics, more magic tattoos and a Rune master OCC. I really love to see a Rifts Cleric done old school with healing & elemental magic like a fireball that heals good creature caught in the blast and other great healer type spells like Breath of life of course.

Better customizable Golems like robots and TW Golems with guns, Cyborg type upgrades, even flight capabilities & a robot AI. Imagine a liquid mercury type golem, diamond or even a lava elemental type could be so much fun.

Lastly imagine what a Rune Master could do to futuristic weapons and vehicles. An indestructible hovercar or a grenade launcher that fires mystic portals or soul drinker gatling gun.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I think there was a Rifter Article that covered all ranges of Golem including Toy Action Figures and it had an Image of a G1 Optimus Prime lifting something IIRC.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Return to “Rifts®”