Sir Thorpe's stats in what book?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Sir Thorpe's stats in what book?

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

I know I saw Sir Thorpe and Erin Tarn's write-ups in a book but I cannot find it now. Help please it is driving me crazy!
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Sir Thorpe's stats in what book?

Unread post by The Beast »

WB4
masslegion
Explorer

Unread post by masslegion »

The Beast wrote:WB4

He also had an updated write-up somewhere else, but I don't remember. It was probably the the cyber-knight book of the SoT series
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

I want to say it is CWC.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

W.B. 11 Coalition war campaign pages 14-18 has the complete writeup on them both.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Africa had him at level 4, CWC at level 5 if I recall. Like Joseph Prosek he leveled up. Erin and Karl stayed same.
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

dragonfett wrote:I want to say it is CWC.

Thanks found it. He is tenth level in CWC. One of the worst NPC write-ups I have seen. Got some nice flavor text but his combat numbers are all wrong, his skills are incomplete although they do say noteable skills so I guess incomplete is okay. He is listed as a master psychic but is missing most of his powers. He has a bionic lung which he would never have gotten because it should have cut his psychic powers in half which it does not appear to have done. Palladium really should quit wasting publishing space with combat stats, etc. for NPCs and just put in more descriptive text about their personalities, important possessions, etc. I have not found an NPC whose combat stats were right yet.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Actually his stats are right or nearly so if you recall that CWC was written before the later rule revisions. Cyber Knights in RMB classic were much inferior to the later version in Coalition Wars 4 Cyber Knights as their anti-tech combat wasn't a thing, they had fewer bonuses, fewer skills, they had no variance in Psionic selection as they got Psi Sword and 3 minor powers regardless of catagory of psionic and master psychics got no boost, and how do you know his psychic powers were not cut in half? The Cyber Knights Psi-sword is unchanged even if the Cyber knight isn't actually psychic, so it clearly wouldn't be effected by having it cut in half as it appears to work by it's own rules, and See the Invisible, Sense Evil and Mind Block are not powers really effected by halving. Half of Mind Blocks immunity is still immunity, sense evil and see the invisible would still work in a more limited scope. basically just cut the duration and range of his 3 powers in half and they still work normally in practice just not as long and not as long a range.

The only error I can spot is his ISP should be lower due to the bionic lung, but given his psionics are infrequently used and very cheep I don't think this matters much in practice. The fight will be over long before he blows all his ISP on Mind Block or See the Invisible either way.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Axelmania
Knight

A single bionic organ reduces ISP? What if it only counts as half an organ?
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Mlp7029 wrote:
dragonfett wrote:I want to say it is CWC.

Thanks found it. He is tenth level in CWC. One of the worst NPC write-ups I have seen. Got some nice flavor text but his combat numbers are all wrong, his skills are incomplete although they do say noteable skills so I guess incomplete is okay. He is listed as a master psychic but is missing most of his powers. He has a bionic lung which he would never have gotten because it should have cut his psychic powers in half which it does not appear to have done. Palladium really should quit wasting publishing space with combat stats, etc. for NPCs and just put in more descriptive text about their personalities, important possessions, etc. I have not found an NPC whose combat stats were right yet.

Repeat after me:

NPCs. Do not. Have. To. Obey. PC. Creation. Rules.

If i want to create an NPC that has a 10 P.P. But +10 to dodge, i do. End of story.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Nekira has the right of it (as usual). Sir Thorpe was based on the RMB version of Cyber Knights, well before the revisions in SoT4 and RUE.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Mack wrote:Nekira has the right of it (as usual). Sir Thorpe was based on the RMB version of Cyber Knights, well before the revisions in SoT4 and RUE.

Also correct.

Though imdo think she is incorrect on the number of skills. I dont think the skills changed other than some of the new Horsemanship skills from New West being included.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

note that SOT4's fiction bit with him and erin tarn does provide some of the details needed to update him to the new version of the OCC.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

I understand he was originally from the old main book but they did a real half ass job updating him. Old book cyber-knights were major psychics. Sir Thorpe is listed as a master psychic an option only from the newer write-up. Also his attacks per melee are wrong no matter what book he was from. He is listed as having five attacks which he had at first level.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Mlp7029 wrote:I understand he was originally from the old main book but they did a real half ass job updating him. Old book cyber-knights were major psychics. Sir Thorpe is listed as a master psychic an option only from the newer write-up. Also his attacks per melee are wrong no matter what book he was from. He is listed as having five attacks which he had at first level.

Umm, no he didnt. At first level under the RMB he had 3. 2 for his H2H skill, and 1 from being a CK (as he does not have boxing).
Axelmania
Knight

Which book lists him as master?
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Axelmania wrote:Which book lists him as master?

Coalition War Campaign page 17

Return to “Rifts®”