Frozen Time Dimension

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MikePGS
D-Bee

Unread post by MikePGS »

Hmmm i seem to recall something in i think it was villains unlimited, about a thief or maybe it was a spy that had a small chip in his back that could allow him to open the equivalent of a dimensional envelope... as for the idea of time stopping inside of that sort of thing though, i'd imagine it would be useless, for as soon as anyone stepped into it, they'd be stuck in there forever, wouldn't they? just my two cents...later
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

I would have a problem with that power as described.
I would rather have a power available that allowed the character to temporarily accellerate time in a personal field, so that in a split second the character gets to perform as many actions as they normally would in a single melee round (including movement at their normal rate), however, they would not be able to move any organic beings/objects, nor items held by living beings, nor would they be able to directly damage people.. but they could pick up a rock and place it suspended in the air over someone's head.. there is a normal passage of time going on around them, so if they move the rock very swiftly, it will gain resistance and a little friction heat as it moves through the air so quickly.
Basically the super being just moves so incredibly fast for a tiny fraction of time, that they become impossible to observe until the effect ends and the actions they have taken are suddenly apparent.
If the character has any powers (such as super healing) that take mere melee actions to use, they may be used.. but any ranged attack powers that apply at a distance may not be used (such as energy expulsion).. some control powers, such as magnetism effects, may be used, but the GM has the final say on what may or may not be used.
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Well, just as it was described, it has been some time since I saw any CEF: Time power written anywhere..
As to the point of time manipulation vs super speed.. there really is no difference.
As I described it, the ability to personally accellerate to the point where everyone and everything around the character seemed to be frozen in place is what it would be like.. with a couple of fuzzy points.
Try running that fast and see how far you get through the air without feeling like you have run into a wall of hot molases, and every footstep that hits the ground is going to have problems with friction, shockwaves and so on. Every breath is a chemical reaction that has no time to take place, so you the character is limited to very short bursts of hyper speed before they run out of oxygen.
If you wanted to turn it into a fully fleshed out Temporal Major Power, perhaps you could throw in Clock manipulation and a non psionic version of Object read and/or Clairvoyance?
8-)
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: Frozen Time Dimension

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Tyciol wrote:I don't know, I could be wrong but I have this memory of having someone mention some kind of super ability that made time pockets where no time passed within the void. Sort of like the dimensional pocket or envelope powers but as a super ability. It was mentioned that someone could hide a bomb in there just as it was about to go off, but then they'd never want to open that pocket because then they might die.

I don't know what it is, but that interests me...

there is a villain in VU that has a power called Dimention Room.
Its also in PU1 he used it to hide out in a place he robbed until they litened their security enough for him to escape.
he was called ghost or sumthing
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”