Working for Naruni -- What would you expect ?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

wouldnt part of their job be to help start wars or keep some wars going? or collect on unpaid debts from clients? doing demo's of weapons to new potential clients sounds good to.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

1.) Pay cuts if you go over budget in a project, but no bonus if you manage to come in underbudget. ("the raise bucket isn't connected to the profit bucket, so despite a good year, your all getting paycuts......."

2.) good luck requistioning additional gear, even if you can fill out the million triplicate forms, you need to prove a need. by then, the need will have passed. (congradulations, we've approved your request for a Q-38 ESM for project Caribou" "caribou ended 3 years ago.....")

3.) PHBS (pointy haired boss syndrome) your boss has no clue, but takes all the credit. and he'll blame you when his decisions bring doom on the company. prone to uninformed decisions, and random re-orginizations.

4.) "the Wally effect". your co-workers try to get by doing the least amount of work possible. and lucky you, they're in your group, and the project is due tuesday. hope you like 140 hour weeks.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

C.R.A.F.T. wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:1.) Pay cuts if you go over budget in a project, but no bonus if you manage to come in underbudget. ("the raise bucket isn't connected to the profit bucket, so despite a good year, your all getting paycuts......."

2.) good luck requistioning additional gear, even if you can fill out the million triplicate forms, you need to prove a need. by then, the need will have passed. (congradulations, we've approved your request for a Q-38 ESM for project Caribou" "caribou ended 3 years ago.....")

3.) PHBS (pointy haired boss syndrome) your boss has no clue, but takes all the credit. and he'll blame you when his decisions bring doom on the company. prone to uninformed decisions, and random re-orginizations.

4.) "the Wally effect". your co-workers try to get by doing the least amount of work possible. and lucky you, they're in your group, and the project is due tuesday. hope you like 140 hour weeks.

You must be a Business Grad. :lol: Eternally optimistic about what your boss can do with your skills.

nope. fan of dilbert.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

What would I expect working for Naruni. Try the following:

1 = Being chased around by the CS for consorting with aliens.

2 = Being chased around by Northern Gun, Wilk's, & Ishpeming for consorting with aliens and offering a better product.

3 = Being ripped of by Tolkeen refugees wanting arms for revenge against the CS.

4 = Being hunted by the CS because I sold weapons to Tolkeen refugees.

5 = Being ripped of by PC's who think just because the CS is after Naruni they should be able to get rock bottom prices for quality items.

6 = Being hunted down by the CS for selling weapons to PC's who thought they were now good enough to take the CS on.

7 = Being hunted down by Naruni for dumping my cargo before the CS gets me because even I get boarded sometimes.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

gadrin wrote:Any problems with allowing Uteni (or any of the NE Races listed in books) with becoming:

Natural & Genius PCC from Nightbane's Between the Shadows (maybe prohibit options F/G/H) ???

Uteni already have natural psi powers (minor psionics), so I don't think they should generally have access to P.C.C.s (notably there aren't any listed among the available classes in Mercenaries either).

Natural Genius from Powers Unlimited 2.

I would object to this class, but only because I think it's broken. If one considers it to be equivalent to a Scholar/Adventurer O.C.C., it is perfectly legal for an Uteni.

Hardware category (any) from HU2e.

Seems legal to me (Scholar/Adventurer again).

MaddogMatarese wrote:What would I expect working for Naruni. Try the following:

2 = Being chased around by Northern Gun, Wilk's, & Ishpeming for consorting with aliens and offering a better product.

3 = Being ripped of by Tolkeen refugees wanting arms for revenge against the CS.

5 = Being ripped of by PC's who think just because the CS is after Naruni they should be able to get rock bottom prices for quality items.

6 = Being hunted down by the CS for selling weapons to PC's who thought they were now good enough to take the CS on.

7 = Being hunted down by Naruni for dumping my cargo before the CS gets me because even I get boarded sometimes.

Now if only this topic dealt with Rifts Earth...
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
The Beast

Tinker Dragoon wrote:

I just meant if I was working for them on Rifts Earth, that's all.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

gadrin wrote:well, this would be the GMs attempt to curry some interest in Naruni (and Utenis) by offering them something "out of the can" so that one Naruni employee isn't the same as the next.

Rifter #5 (? I think) offers the Rahu-man many OCCs including Mind Melter so, I don't think it's too big a stretch. There's already dozens of freaky looking creatures who can be PCCs, but we can't have tall thin blue ones ? :lol:

I'd keep these limited to PCs and not legions of them as NPCs (same with the other class proposals).

It actually wouldn't be all that bad to have an Uteni Mind Melter (or Burster, or the like), as one could just say it was a rare mutant with master psi powers. The problem arises when you have P.C.C.s that aren't Master Psionics, such as the Genius and Latent Psychic. These classes are conceptually at odds with creatures who possess natural psionic powers, and you run in to weird situations like with the Cyber-Knights in SoT4.

Instead of using the Genius/Natural P.C.C., I'd recommend converting the Hardware Power Category to an O.C.C.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
The Beast

Tinker Dragoon wrote:

Oh. I see you got Naruni, the all-powerful, interdimmensional, bent on galactic domination corporation to give in to your "I work only where I want to work" clause in your employment contract with them. :P

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”