Name Change

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Name Change

Unread post by ZEN »

Just letting you guys know that I am dropping the ZEN nick name for good.. I know this is one of those things that can be a pain in the butt to get used to and yes, I'll still answer to ZEN if you address me as that.. but really, the nick name never did actually mean anything significant and I'd rather just use my real name.

In effect, I guess I am dropping my secret identity.. taking off the ZEN mask and cape, dropping the capitalised letters and so forth.
If you want to shorten it, just type AJ.

Thanks everyone.
8-)
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
Marcantony
Adventurer

Unread post by Marcantony »

Gone back to your original webname then.

Or was Zen your real name and AJ the disguise? :)

Unread post by Guest »

Pickett?

Must...resist...butt joke...
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Carefull Edge, my ancestors got that extra T on the end of the name from putting the pointy end of some pick axes through quite a few unruly silver miners.

It's quite hilarious actually, I really do have a coat of arms, it's a black shieild with three silver pick axes on it and a gauntlet holding another pick axe above the shield with a green and white plume running from the gauntlet and down the left side of the shield.
It all has a meaning, Heraldry, and basically it was an award of lands and title from the King for stopping an uprising/rebellion of the peasants.. silver miners.. hence the name Pickett.
There is, at most recent count, over 10,000 descendants of that original family who hold the right to bare that coat of arms, and ironically, the majority of them are located in Texas.

Go figure.
8-)
Little Sculptures
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mr Scorpio »

AJ Pickett wrote:In effect, I guess I am dropping my secret identity.. taking off the ZEN mask and cape, dropping the capitalised letters and so forth.

That's cool. I can understand needing a change from time to time. You shouldn't have been wearing a cape anyway. They are way too dangerous!
Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

That movie is gonna live on forever. :lol:
Sentinel
Palladin

Re: Name Change

Unread post by Sentinel »

AJ Pickett wrote:Just letting you guys know that I am dropping the ZEN nick name for good.. I know this is one of those things that can be a pain in the butt to get used to and yes, I'll still answer to ZEN if you address me as that.. but really, the nick name never did actually mean anything significant and I'd rather just use my real name.

In effect, I guess I am dropping my secret identity.. taking off the ZEN mask and cape, dropping the capitalised letters and so forth.

Thanks everyone.
8-)

Ah, well, a rose by any other name, and all that...

I'm just glad you'll still be with us.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Sentinel wrote:Ah, well, a rose by any other name, and all that...

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call him a rose... :demon: :lol:
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Sentinel
Palladin

Warwolf wrote:
Sentinel wrote:Ah, well, a rose by any other name, and all that...

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call him a rose... :demon: :lol:

Well, he could take to wearing a full face mask and white custom tailored suits...

ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Yes, though only for a laugh.. I mean, that would be quite funny.
8-)
Little Sculptures
Sentinel
Palladin

I could be "Zentinel".

znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Sentinel wrote:I could be "Zentinel".
:lol: :lol: :lol:
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

AJ Pickett wrote:Just letting you guys know that I am dropping the ZEN nick name for good.. I know this is one of those things that can be a pain in the butt to get used to and yes, I'll still answer to ZEN if you address me as that.. but really, the nick name never did actually mean anything significant and I'd rather just use my real name.

Thanks everyone.
8-)

BUt now villians can stike out at you through your loved ones you fool!
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sentinel
Palladin

Sir_Spirit wrote:

Thanks everyone.
8-)

BUt now villians can stike out at you through your loved ones you fool!

Maybe he's like Captain America.
All his friends are super-heroes or agents of SHIELD.

Jimmy Crat
Explorer

Unread post by Jimmy Crat »

It's obviously a trap to thin out his growing asortment of enemies. I've seen it before. shiver Everyone lay low! Sorry Aj, no one deserves to go out like THAT.
Almost doesn't count; except in horseshoes, tiddly-winks, and hand grenades.

10 Ha-Ha points - thx cornholioprime
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

I'd like to see what would happen if I swapped a heap of my mitochondria for those of a Seal or perhaps a Polar Bear, as mitochondria have their own DNA, seperate to the Human genome found in the nucleus of our cells.
Mitochondria are passed on to us from our mother's, all of the organisms on Earth who make good use of oxygen can thank those original archaic single celled organisms in the primordial soup, working together in symbiosis. Well, what would happen if I mixed my mitochondria? Without altering my DNA and with the certainty that the modification will not pass on to the next generation (though only if you are a guy, sorry ladies, you better not try this stunt our you could end up having mutant children).

Anyway, if a human was chock full of the mitochondria of animals with enhanced, wild metabolisms.. who is to say what the effect would be.. the other mitochondria might overload the human, or not accept the new host and die off inside the body.
Risky, but imagine if you could run like a horse and hold your breath like a seal, or hibernate during the winter.

I'd gladly experiment on cell samples from myself and play around with my own biochemistry.. nobody owns the rights to my body and like I said, it's not technically genetic engineering. I'd have to be fairly sure it was not going to kill me before I tried augmenting my mitochondria.. but thats my only real concern, ethically, nobody is at risk but me if I did it.
8-)
Little Sculptures
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

that mitochondria bit reminds you have played too much Parasite Eve and Square-Enix Games.

Anyway, how does a family lose a right to bare arms, ... or is it because they're texans?
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

By changing your name I guess.. if you have inherited the last name Pickett, however, you have the right to use the family coat of arms as a personal logo or whatever.. I could put it on my own bottles of home brewed beer (if I had any), or put it on the cover of a self published book or whatever.. it's basically a medal that was awarded to my ancestors that never expires.
The only way to lose the right to it would be to drop the family name or if some official back in England decided to specifically ban me from using it.. which is highly unlikely to happen.
8-)
Little Sculptures
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Hmmm...

Uncle Zenvo...
Zen Servo...
Uncle Zen...
Zencle Servo...

I think I'll stay the way I am for now... even though "Zen Servo" doesn't sound bad... :lol:
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Sentinel
Palladin

Uncle Servo wrote:

Hmmm...

Uncle Zenvo...
Zen Servo...
Uncle Zen...
Zencle Servo...

I think I'll stay the way I am for now... even though "Zen Servo" doesn't sound bad... :lol:

You should start a regualr column for the Rifter called "Uncle Servos' Zen".

Uncle Servo
Champion

Sentinel wrote:You should start a regualr column for the Rifter called "Uncle Servos' Zen".

Starting with, "If you don't care where you are, you're not lost..." :lol:

Actually, I am in fact working on a couple of things to submit to the Rifter.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

AJ Pickett wrote:I'd like to see what would happen if I swapped a heap of my mitochondria for those of a Seal or perhaps a Polar Bear, as mitochondria have their own DNA, seperate to the Human genome found in the nucleus of our cells.
Mitochondria are passed on to us from our mother's, all of the organisms on Earth who make good use of oxygen can thank those original archaic single celled organisms in the primordial soup, working together in symbiosis. Well, what would happen if I mixed my mitochondria? Without altering my DNA and with the certainty that the modification will not pass on to the next generation (though only if you are a guy, sorry ladies, you better not try this stunt our you could end up having mutant children).

Anyway, if a human was chock full of the mitochondria of animals with enhanced, wild metabolisms.. who is to say what the effect would be.. the other mitochondria might overload the human, or not accept the new host and die off inside the body.
Risky, but imagine if you could run like a horse and hold your breath like a seal, or hibernate during the winter.

I'd gladly experiment on cell samples from myself and play around with my own biochemistry.. nobody owns the rights to my body and like I said, it's not technically genetic engineering. I'd have to be fairly sure it was not going to kill me before I tried augmenting my mitochondria.. but thats my only real concern, ethically, nobody is at risk but me if I did it.
8-)

According to My Resident Biochemist (No Kidding here), Your body would spit out the mitochondrial samples in standard imuno response. You would get sick, really really sick, or worse depending on the amount you transfer.

For a SAFE (and i use THAT term very loosley when refering to genetic tampering) Firstly, Use a species with more human connectivity, like a pig or any other simian. Then, you need to dissolve the Mite in a T3 solution (The 'T' is in fact the supected origin for resident evil's use of a 'T' virus). this reduces the chance of the foreign bodies fighting back (a common occurance when introducing foreign matter into a body is that not only does the body attempt immuno rejection, but the introduced matter has the ability to also reject the body).

Now that the mitochondrial DNA is more compatable and less likely to fight back, you need to slave into a system that allows it to remain 'alive' and functioning inside a host that will not want them there. Typically, the mitochondrial matter needs to be seperated into it's helix stands and then possibly attached to a virus, which will allow the new mitochondria to propogate within the system.

Overall you are looking at 12-20 years of work ahead of you, give or take advances in the sciences. as it stands however, you would require some nasty immono suppresants to get you through the day, and chances of conception drop to an abysmally low level, with a high prediction of mutantions and deformities in any offspring.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

It's worth a shot
8-)
Little Sculptures
Uncle Servo
Champion

Iczer wrote:
AJ Pickett wrote:I'd like to see what would happen if I swapped a heap of my mitochondria for those of a Seal or perhaps a Polar Bear, as mitochondria have their own DNA, seperate to the Human genome found in the nucleus of our cells.

8-)

According to My Resident Biochemist (No Kidding here), Your body would spit out the mitochondrial samples in standard imuno response. You would get sick, really really sick, or worse depending on the amount you transfer.

For a SAFE (and i use THAT term very loosley when refering to genetic tampering) Firstly, Use a species with more human connectivity, like a pig or any other simian. Then, you need to dissolve the Mite in a T3 solution (The 'T' is in fact the supected origin for resident evil's use of a 'T' virus). this reduces the chance of the foreign bodies fighting back (a common occurance when introducing foreign matter into a body is that not only does the body attempt immuno rejection, but the introduced matter has the ability to also reject the body).

Now that the mitochondrial DNA is more compatable and less likely to fight back, you need to slave into a system that allows it to remain 'alive' and functioning inside a host that will not want them there. Typically, the mitochondrial matter needs to be seperated into it's helix stands and then possibly attached to a virus, which will allow the new mitochondria to propogate within the system.

Overall you are looking at 12-20 years of work ahead of you, give or take advances in the sciences. as it stands however, you would require some nasty immono suppresants to get you through the day, and chances of conception drop to an abysmally low level, with a high prediction of mutantions and deformities in any offspring.

Batts

Okay Batts... now you're starting to scare me... :shock:
Sentinel
Palladin

Uncle Servo wrote:
Sentinel wrote:You should start a regualr column for the Rifter called "Uncle Servos' Zen".

Starting with, "If you don't care where you are, you're not lost..." :lol:

Actually, I am in fact working on a couple of things to submit to the Rifter.

Here's my first deep thought for the day.

I saw a sign on some wiseacres' desk that reads : "Poor Planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part".

I asked him pointedly: "Does an Emergency on my part constitute Poor Planning on yours?"

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”