TSAW_Inspired_Light-hearted_InCharacter RP

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Is this working?

Yes
13%
No
20%
Rubber chicken lay rubber eggs don't they?
67%

Total votes: 30

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

(Clones eyeball the stranger and smile nervously...Something weird is going to happne...they just KNOW it....)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

"I'm not sure. I suppose we'll have to help this one too!" :::Approaches the stranger. He takes another sip of coffee.:::
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

Seren glances up and offers a smile, shrugging and shaking her head slightly. "Oh, if the nuttiness is over, I'm having an all right day. If it isn't... it could get interesting. Wondering if I should try for a less insane assignment in a combat zone, or whether they need reservists up right now at all..."
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson takes a sip of coffee.::: "I'm thinking that you hit the nail right on the head. I'm almost ready to take a combat mission. The only thing is the doctor's hasn't signed off on my health yet. I'm still on light duty. I have another month, then I can go back to work." :::He then looks at the person sitting still.::: "I'm wish we knew his problem."
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

"No, sorry for seemingly staring at you sir. But you were motionless for an unnatural length of time. So we thought we'd better check. Please forgive us interupting your morning coffee." :::He takes another sip of coffee and sits at a both where Seren is sitting.:::

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Seren smiles at the Colonel, nodding just a little bit. "Well, best of luck when you do. For myself, I'd rather have understandable excitement, rather than sheer insanity. At least in a battle there's some predicting what's going to happen next." She glances around then, blinking and twitching at the sense through the hive-link, and peering over at the bespectacled man, blinking again and cocking her head slightly, shaking her head. and offering a smile again "You having a good morning?"
Currently Playing:

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Aramanthus
Monk

"I always preferred battle too. And I agree that you usually know what is going on. It is a survival technique to amintain awareness in any combat situation." :::He takes a sip of coffee. He then looks over at the stranger with the spectacles.::: "You know something he looks familiar. I can't place him, but I'm sure I met him in the past."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson smiles back and extends his hand and grasp Vlad's hand firmly and shakes his hand.::: "Good Morning, my name is Colonel Anderson." :::He takes a sip of coffee.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Three clones walk into a bar....this is fairly routine for them, since they've hit(and been thrown out of) most of the bars in the quadrant...seeing that it's one they've been thrown out of before, they quickly reverse copurse and return to the cafe they were at before, find their old table(marked by ther flash-burned shadow of one of them against one wall), and settle back down...Leo, for once not drunk, Ares reading a screamsheet, and Skor worrying a sandwich and softdrink while cleaning the dismantled parts of what's probably something lethal in its completed form...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Dracurian wrote:::Vlad extends his hand & grins at Col Fury::
"Vladymr, advisor to General Quentin,"

::Looks around at the group, with a slight quisical pause on Seren (who senses the equivalent of white noise through the Invid hive mind) before moving on, taking a sip of coffee & asking::
"I take it this is not a quiet little shop where nothing uneventful happens?"

8-)

OOC:-
taalismn wrote:Three clones walk into a bar......

Didn't they see it?
:D

---Clones look up at the sound of ominous music and the muffled sound of distant thunder....Skor turns back to cleaning the weapon with a mumbled 'gonna have to test this thing on some punsters...'.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson raises his cup of coffee to Colonel Fury and the three clones return.::: "Good to see you all are alive and well. Hopefully you are in good spirits! I think the bright and sunny day we are having outside are a sign of good things today." :::He takes a long sip of coffee.:::

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson looks over at the chocolate cake.::: "Waitress, can I have a double cheese burger an order of fries, and a piece of cake. And can I get some fresh coffee, please!" :::The waitress gets him everything he orders quickly. He eats his meal.:::

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson grins back to Colonel Fury.::: "It's not that bad. I'm not that addicted to it. Caffine is good for somethings." :::He smiles and takes another drink of his coffee.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote::::Colonel Anderson grins back to Colonel Fury.::: "It's not that bad. I'm not that addicted to it. Caffine is good for somethings." :::He smiles and takes another drink of his coffee.:::

Skor: (without looking up from his 'work')"It's just that you've imbibed so much of it, you're creating a triple image just jittering in place...WE'RE supposed to be the obvious triplet clones here, not you..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Seren twitches slightly at the 'white noise' over the hive mind, digging out an MP3 player and waving it in a slightly threatening manner towards him with a brief smile. She then decides she should order something, and gets a cheeseburger with everything but pickles, and a diet soda.

She smiles over to the ones talking about caffeine. "I only drink decaf even when I do drink coffee, for myself." She shrugs slightly and stretches in her seat, glancing and blinking as Vlad's communicator goes off, and the expression after.
Currently Playing:

Aramanthus
Monk

"Am I really twitching that much. I thought that was just it was a trick of the lights in here and the sun outside." :::He takes another sip of coffee and looks at his shadow.::: "It looks fine to me. I don't see anything odd about it." :::He then looks over and sees some fresh donuts over on the counter. In less than a blink of an eye his forms blurs for a second. Those looking on only see a catapillar like blur that starts where Colonel Anderson is standing going over to the counter and back to where he is still standing. At least three donuts are gone from the stack over on the counter. And right next to the donuts is an exact change amount in stacks to pay for a dozen donuts. Colonel Anderson finishes off the fourth donut by dunking it into his coffee.::: "Those donuts were excellent, you all should try them. Now what were we talking about?" :::He wipes his fingers on a napkin. And then he takes a sip of coffee.:::
Last edited by Aramanthus on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson smiles and sets his mug down.::: "I do have a small flask here in my combat togs." :::His hands opens a pocket and pulls a flask from it. He opens it and pours some into his coffee.::: "That will hopefully help in case I'm over caffinated."

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Seren blinks a little at the Colonel's quick action, scratching her head slightly and shaking it softly. She glances over to Vlad then, offering a smile and first responding over the link. (*No problem. Just have had... issues with less than friendly former associates trying to aggravate me over the link, for my uniform. Sorry to hear you've had problems.*)

Upon hearing the comment out loud, she breaks up laughing and shakes her head just slightly. "Gone to plaid..." She laughs some more then. "I'd say you watch too many movies, but that one was great." She glances over towards Anderson, then back to Vlad. "As long as he doesn't hit emergency stop, anyway..."
Currently Playing:

Aramanthus
Monk

"I'll be fine! Really! Could I please have another double cheeseburger, anorder of fries and a chocolate malt please." The order is brought to him and he devours it almost as soon as it arrives. He then takes another sip of coffee.::: "Ah! That hit the spot!"

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson looks over at Vlad. He take a sip of coffee.::: "Are you ok over there Vlad? Can we get something for you?" :::He then takes another sip of coffee.:::

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The Colonel pours some more alcohol into his coffee mug.::: "Is that better?" :::He takes another sip of coffee.::: "It has a less coffee only taste."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

"I didn't put that much alcohol in my coffee. I guess I'll to cut backon some of the coffeee intake!" :::This time he just smiles and doesn't take a sip of coffee.:::

OCC: I'm sorry but I was distracted that caused my slip. Forgive me Colonel Fury!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Dracurian wrote:::Vlad shudders::
"I've seen what happens when someone becomes Knurd, the screams, the HORROR!" ::shakes his head sadly::
"seeing reality as it really is, should be used as a punishment,"

::Hands visibly shaking his takes a sip of coffee, muttering quietly over & over::
"the horror, the horror, the hor...."

8-)

Skor: "You evidently missed the sobering up of Leo over here(points thumb at Leo who suddenly starts in shocked rememberance), ...what do you think the flash burn marks on the wall are from?"

Ares: (Looking at Anderson's demo of caffiene-fuelled hyperactivity)"Mastersused to dope clones to go fast like that too....they tended tp burn out...metabolically explode or suddenly keel over...of course, those poor saps weren't constantly feeding their faces, so it mighta made a difference..."

Skor: "Yeah...they didn't exactly load us up on a pasta high-carb dinner before an all-out assault....All that talk about the similarities between Tirolian culture and ancient Roman society, and we don't get a single decent plate of ravioli or linguini...just oversugared fruit juice and processed cake...Rome on Twinkies, more like it..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Seren glances over to Vlad and blinks slightly, nodding just a little bit. "Large doses of coffee? Hmm. Yeah, definitely don't remember that. Just another reason to be glad I left when I did, I guess." She smiles, glancing between the colonels, and blinking over at the clones, laughing. "Sounds kinda disgusting, really. Not that I'm the one to talk. Couldn't really get Italian or order take-out Chinese from a hive core either. Rio however, especially with the postwar resurgence, has lots of options for either one, or anything else you might be hungry for." She smiles as her food comes, taking a sip of her soda, glancing to Ares. "Doping people up always causes things like that. Regardless of the drugs used to do it. Though why people would willingly take things that would do it is beyond me... Seem to be plenty who do, though."

She shifts in her seat slightly then, taking a bite of her burger.
Currently Playing:

Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson looks on as the others talk. He smiles and takes another sip of coffee. He watches as the small child approaches Colonel Fury. He then takes another sip of coffee.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

"We've secretly switched the fine quality decaff this REF officer normally swills down by the hexalitre with new 'Bulger's Metropolitan Underground-Grown Parisian Blend Bodily Fluid Substitute---voted by the United Planets' Surgeon General to be the Next Most Likely Cause of Pilot Error Due to Massive Inflight Coronary---and selected the Terminal DareDevils' Association as their Breakfast Foodstuff of Choice after raw fugu prepared by cooking school dropouts---to see if he can tell the difference!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson takes another sip of his coffee. He looks down at the mug in his hands. His eyes get thoughtful. And he he smells the liquid within his mug. He then looks around and takes another sip of coffee.::: "Hmmm. Good to the last..............." :::And he keels over. He hits the ground in the same position that he was standing in. Hie yeyes wide open. The coffee pours out over the colonel and the floor as he lays there paralyzed.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

(Aroma of recycled Parisian metropolitan water and coffee grounds wafts around the vicinity...)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Seren glances over to Vlad again and makes a face at the comment, shrugging. "Well, looking at it one way, she found the cause, by doing it. She found out that we were right all along. Most of us who left early on saw how close to the darkness the rest were really falling to. Now that it has been seen and stopped, things are better. Without a war going on, I certainly don't mind seeing some of the relatives that I actually missed. In either definition." She smiles very slightly. "Still, I like my new job better than my old one anyway. Both new ones, really. And I believe the other girls in my unit would agree with me. Haven't heard any of them pine to go 'home' either out loud or over the link, anyway."

She raises her eyebrows then as the little boy slips up to Fury, cocking her head just slightly and trying to listen to what he's saying.
Currently Playing:

taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote::::Colonel Anderson takes another sip of his coffee. He looks down at the mug in his hands. His eyes get thoughtful. And he he smells the liquid within his mug. He then looks around and takes another sip of coffee.::: "Hmmm. Good to the last..............." :::And he keels over. He hits the ground in the same position that he was standing in. Hie yeyes wide open. The coffee pours out over the colonel and the floor as he lays there paralyzed.:::

*"S****! He CAN tell the difference! Let's get out of here!!!"*
(muffled sound of fumbling and running out the back of the shop)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Lays there unmoving! Coffee still pouring out on the floor.:::

OOC::: I'm going for a short drive of around 4 hours. I'm drining home to visit my family for Easter. I'll check in after I get settled at my Moms.

Happy Easter everyone!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote::::Lays there unmoving! Coffee still pouring out on the floor.:::

OOC::: I'm going for a short drive of around 4 hours. I'm drining home to visit my family for Easter. I'll check in after I get settled at my Moms.

Happy Easter everyone!

Have fun with family...pass on best wishes from wierd strangers you met on the Internet....Happy Easter!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Still laying there on the floor in a state of unmoving and unblinking. The hot coffeee continues to pour in an unrelenting flow from the mug.:::

OOC: I made it home ok. I arrived around 10:15pm. I had a 30 minute period of sitting in a stalled traffic pattern in Rockford Illinois. Please also wish all of your families a Happy Easter! None of you are weird! We're all just various brothers and sisters from one humongous family!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote::::Still laying there on the floor in a state of unmoving and unblinking. The hot coffeee continues to pour in an unrelenting flow from the mug.:::

OOC: I made it home ok. I arrived around 10:15pm. I had a 30 minute period of sitting in a stalled traffic pattern in Rockford Illinois. Please also wish all of your families a Happy Easter! None of you are weird! We're all just various brothers and sisters from one humongous family!

(Little janitorial robot comes scooting out and begins mopping up the spilled coffee, then whirls off to squeeze out its sponge-head...but it stops, sparks, and rolls over on its back well-short of the 'robbie-door', and does the 'dying cockroach')

One humongous dysfunctional family, you mean... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Ares: "Don't bother...We'll just send him out with Leo here...Leo doesn;t NEED an excuse to get drunk."
Leo:(glaring) "With family like this, it's an incentive to get bombed every day..."
Skor: "Careful about his person...some of these high-ranks rig themselves with anti-tampering measures..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson continues to remaining motionless on the floor. The coffee continues to pour out onto the floor from the mug. The liquid continues spreading over the floor, towards the sparking robot.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Leo nudges a flowerpot/planter (with plastic plant in it) into the path of the running fluid...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson continues to lie there with his eyes wide open and motionless on the floor. His coffeee mug still pouring out an unearthly amount of the brown liquid.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

(somewhere, the company lawyer for Bottomless Cornucopia Kitchenware gets a feeling the company's about to be sued for damages...) :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson's eye blink once. Then they close. And his breathing goes back to almost normal.:::

OOC::: ROFLMAO!!! That was an expected one. :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Ares: "Leo....hmm....the plastic planter? It's burning...."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson groans loudly. Coffee continues to pour from the coffee mug in a steady stream, but changes consistency and color as if something artificially added has been washed out by a vast quanity of pure highly caffinated coffee overcomes the impurities.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

THe outpouring liquid begins to swirl and vortex as decaff Bulger's and regular coffee mix like red phosphorus and kerosene...
In fact, in some portions of the spill, there's an unhealthy highlight or glow forming, as if some sort of chemical incompatibility reaction is brewing...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson continues groaning. His eyes blink again and again. The mixing liquids continue to mix and percolate.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Ares, Leo, and Skor stare at the smoke now wafting off the melting plastic planter, see the still sparking janitorial 'bot, and realize, with mounting horror, that the spill is directly in the way of their clear retreat out the front, while Anderson's out-cold form, and fonting coffee-cup, is in the way of their secondary path of retreat through the Cafe's kitchen...

The atmosphere is tense..can you feel it?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::The smoke continues to thickens. Colonel Anderson lays on his back motionless. His eyes closed. His coffee mug continues to pour out it's contents on the floor.:::

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson eyes open and stare unfocusedly towards the ceiling for a second then they close again.:::

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson sits bolt upright! And then looks around.::: "What happened? Something horrible had fallen into my coffee. I drank some of it and then nothing. After a few minutes I wake to have this hose in my mouth."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

"Did you see a bright white light? Hear the voices of loved ones beckoning you? Have an out of body, out-of-uniform experience?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Seren just... watches the scene with the coffee and the mixed drink and such, shaking her head slightly. She stays quiet for the whole thing, making a slight face, especially at the hose and dirty jug. She looks at her food for a moment after seeing it, and twitches. Her face turns an interesting shade, and she shivers at it, stopping eating for the moment.
Currently Playing:

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”