I Need The Masters of the Obscure Trivia

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

I Need The Masters of the Obscure Trivia

Unread post by Marrowlight »

OK, so folks who know every bit of random crazy trivia about Rifts and all things Palladium related....

Has there ever been an incident in the Rifts books where a Ley Line or Rift has been described as being another color than Blue? Especially Red? I'm thinking about doing something funky with Red Ley Lines, but I want to know if it's already been covered before.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: I Need The Masters of the Obscure Trivia

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Marrowlight wrote:OK, so folks who know every bit of random crazy trivia about Rifts and all things Palladium related....

Has there ever been an incident in the Rifts books where a Ley Line or Rift has been described as being another color than Blue? Especially Red? I'm thinking about doing something funky with Red Ley Lines, but I want to know if it's already been covered before.

Some are white, I think, don't recall a red one.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:OK, so folks who know every bit of random crazy trivia about Rifts and all things Palladium related....

Some are white, I think, don't recall a red one.

Perfect :)

I was worried it was going to pop up in Phase World or South America 2.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

We need a harder question!!!
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Marrowlight
Knight

cornholioprime wrote:We need a harder question!!!

I wasn't asking it because it was hard, I was asking it because I needed to know and didn't want to read through all my books :p

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Marrowlight wrote:

I wasn't asking it because it was hard, I was asking it because I needed to know and didn't want to read through all my books :p

Technically speaking, rifts aren't actually dedicated to being any one particular color actually.
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

Prince Artemis wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:

Technically speaking, rifts aren't actually dedicated to being any one particular color actually.

But in all pictures of them they are a light hue of blue
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.

Scrud wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:

But in all pictures of them they are a light hue of blue

How many topics have we had now that clearly show that pictures are NOT CANNON.

Technically speaking, since the rifts themselves are tears in reality itself, saying they are any one color is kinda rediculous. They're just as likely to be the color of the area beyond them, or the area on the other side of the rift. Like a distortion of light. But on the other hand they could be any conceivable color really, unless of course you're going on the idea that the color of reality is 'blue' and that's why they're all blue :P
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway

gadrin wrote:But there's nothing to say an illusion, like Illusory Terrain where the only function of the illusion is to change the color of the ley line (it's got a pretty good area of effect for high-level mages) isn't possible.

I think it's pretty safe to say the original picture that's on the cover of Rifter #5 is canon (that was also part of the original Rifts RPG -- or at least the one I have).

>

Nothing pictured is particularly cannon, especially since certian things can change artist to artist. Just look at the various pictures of spider skull walkers for example....

They may be cool, but not likely cannon :D

Return to “Rifts®”