Chinese Characters

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Balabanto
Champion

Re: Chinese Characters

Unread post by Balabanto »

They would retain the 2 HTH Combat styles. Technically, a Cyber Samurai can already have two HTH combat styles, so there's no reason these guys wouldn't be able to do so.

So, they'd still get the Chi-Based ISP penalties, but that's it.

Note: NONE of my players have even THOUGHT about playing a character from these books.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

airdale91 wrote:I've got 2 questions really.

1st- With the Nei Chia Wu Shih (The Meditation Martial Warrior) gets 2 forms of H to H styles of Martial Arts. Does that mean that the amount of attacks that each start with get added together since they are 2 different styles?? One has 4 and the other has 3 or 4, would that be a total of 7 or 8? or would you take the highest of the two? Keep in mind that I'm only talking about the Starting number of attacks and not the additional attacks that are given to highest levels of the arts.

2nd- Chinese characters losing the Power of Chi and get penalties for the Chi based abilities. How many actually follow that or disregard it?

Me personally, I would disregard it mostly on the basis that it says that it happens when they leave China. So if they go to Korea, Thailand, Laos, Japan, Mongol, Russia they would technically suffer those penalties. Just curious on how you guys handle it?

1) As per N&SS, when you have 2 HtH styles, at the beginning of the melee round, you choose one. You have those ApM and bonuses. You have to keep both bonuses separate. Don't combine

So, say one gives you 2 apm and +3 strike, and the other gives you +3 ApM and +4 dodge, you get either, as chosen at the beginning of the melee round, but you do not get +5 apm, +3 strike and +4 dodge.

If you've ever seen "the quest", the character in there who uses different animal styles is a good example of this. In one fight he uses snake, in another he uses tiger, but he never uses snake and tiger in the same fight.

2) I think in our group we disregard it.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Unread post by Seneca »

dark brandon wrote:1) As per N&SS, when you have 2 HtH styles, at the beginning of the melee round, you choose one. You have those ApM and bonuses. You have to keep both bonuses separate. Don't combine

So, say one gives you 2 apm and +3 strike, and the other gives you +3 ApM and +4 dodge, you get either, as chosen at the beginning of the melee round, but you do not get +5 apm, +3 strike and +4 dodge.

If you've ever seen "the quest", the character in there who uses different animal styles is a good example of this. In one fight he uses snake, in another he uses tiger, but he never uses snake and tiger in the same fight.

Dark Brandon hit it in one.

China charters are not over powered outside of China. Use as written and I wouldn't bother reducing their powers.
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

dark brandon wrote:

True
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Unlike N&S, in RChina they seperate the mystical powers into seperate h2h (not even going to call them MA forms) thus complicating things off the deep end.

But as per the rules, you keep Everything seperate, bonuses, powers, & APM. Unless the GM wants high powered chars and directly tells you to combine the physical h2h and mystical h2h together.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Personally I thinktha tapart from tapping the extra PPE available in Rifts China(ya know form evne the most feeble ley line) there should be no other consequence.
Actually Some PCC are potentially universal in that nothing prevent them to be present in different form otherwhere, expecially the PCC.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Well, you can always be from California or New Jersey. Those are the two oldest Shaolin temples in the US, and I'm pretty sure location-wise they survived the coming of the Rifts. :) So can the OCCs exist outside of China? Technically, yes.

Return to “Rifts®”