Natural Genius Mega Hero?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Indigo1066
Wanderer

Natural Genius Mega Hero?

Unread post by Indigo1066 »

In it's initial description it states that a NG is an optional Mega Hero. While I agree his utility counts a lot to off setting his lack of super powers (the minor mental disciplines are useful but not quite powers IMHO), I don't quite see him as a Mega Hero. Am I missing something? Does he have the usual SN srtength and Mega powers? I did not see this.

Thanks
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Natural Genius Mega Hero?

Unread post by Yukon »

without looking at the text myself, i think it means you can use the optional mega hero rules with the natural genius. i can't see him getting supernatural strength either, so maybe giving him a minor power instead would be appropriate. i could definitely see a natural genius with the mega powers of immortality or undead.
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

I'm sorry, but I could not find anything about it being a Mega Hero option in my copy of PU2. Where does it say that exactly?
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

gmapprentice wrote:i do not claim any of the text, or its source, to be my own. all rights go to the proper owners and creators of the material. please do not sue me or ban me from the boards for this.

LOL. You are fine my friend.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Was that maybe something that got left out of the first printing that I have?
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

It is in mine as well, I never noticed it . . . but the great news is that they are also Minor Heroes as well! "Construct a character as normal from the catagories of hardware,physical training, special training, weapons traning, NATURAL GENIUS, or mutan animals." - P71 under the minor heroes section.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

I have a first printing as well, so that might be something they added then they did the updated version.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I'm at a loss as well on this one. I already use a whole slew of other options for Mega power characters as it is. It gets boring for everyone Mega to always follow the same formula of Standard Super + SNPS = Mega so I do all sorts of combos. If I did want a NG to be close to a standard Mega I would let them build an ultralight, wire style exoskeleton that gave him SNPS with a real tech basis.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

There was a Rifter article that had expanded options for mega-heroes,including the ability to sort of multi-class. A Natural Genius combined with say, Special Training, for instance,would make a formidable adversary.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Captain Shiva wrote:There was a Rifter article that had expanded options for mega-heroes,including the ability to sort of multi-class. A Natural Genius combined with say, Special Training, for instance,would make a formidable adversary.

It was in Rifter #37.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

gmapprentice wrote:I REALLY need to start buying Rifters...

I only have a few, but I do have that one, they're . . . well all over the place. There are certain jewels that I really like. Expanded Mega Heroes being one . . . Tribes of the Moon for nightbane being another.
Ranger
Adventurer
Comment: Tucker Did It!

Unread post by Ranger »

Incriptus wrote:
gmapprentice wrote:I REALLY need to start buying Rifters...

I only have a few, but I do have that one, they're . . . well all over the place. There are certain jewels that I really like. Expanded Mega Heroes being one . . . Tribes of the Moon for nightbane being another.

Actually the expanded mega heroes I consider the worst. The Hero Base creation is good, but it misses some necessary functions (power system being one of them).
Prodigy
Explorer

Unread post by Prodigy »

[quote="Captain Shiva"]There was a Rifter article that had expanded options for mega-heroes,including the ability to sort of multi-class. A Natural Genius combined with say, Special Training, for instance,would make a formidable adversary.[/quote]

The way the Dual-Class hero works is one would pick one skill based category, Physical training and onw power based, Mutant. According to the article, you couldn't have 2 skill based or 2 power based categories.

I think it's pretty cool.
sine yo pity on da runny kind
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I had actually created an NPC with Physical Training and Enchanted weapon doing basically as outlined in the article like a year before they published those rules for it.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”