Pulse shots

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grafsburg
D-Bee

Pulse shots

Unread post by Grafsburg »

This is probably a bit of a newbie-ish question, but do you still halve your strike bonus when making a pulse shot?

I guess the best example would be if using a Coalition assault rifle or (in my case) a Wilks 447 Pulse Rifle. Since it's described as being three near-simultaneous shots, I figured you wouldn't take a strike penalty, but maybe I'm wrong.

The GM seems to flip-flop between allowing it and not allowing it, and he admitted he's not sure if that's the case either. So I
figured I'd ask on here and see what everyone else thought :D.
"I think any culture that relies on transit through large stretches of wilderness would grow to hate deer."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Re: Pulse shots

Unread post by rat_bastard »

remember there is a cumulative 33% chance that after every pulse blast the gun explodes doing 3d6x100 damage over a 90 foot radius.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

rat_bastard wrote:remember there is a cumulative 33% chance that after every pulse blast the gun explodes doing 3d6x100 damage over a 90 foot radius.

Means there is a 1% chance that my russian roulette loving crazy PC is going to get his wish.

You can bet which way the dice are going to roll every single time.

Grrrr.
-Matt
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

sybert1138 wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:remember there is a cumulative 33% chance that after every pulse blast the gun explodes doing 3d6x100 damage over a 90 foot radius.

But isn't there a 98% chance that 75% of rat-bastards statistics are made up 50% of the time?

80% of board posters know that.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

sybert1138 wrote:
Laux the Ogre wrote:
filo_clarke wrote:
sybert1138 wrote:

But isn't there a 98% chance that 75% of rat-bastards statistics are made up 50% of the time?

80% of board posters know that.

But only 67% of posters that know that will admit to it, and even then only 74% of the time.

So if my math is right that should mean that rat-bastard is really KS pretending to be another poster...

It is safe to assume that the math is NEVER right.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.

Return to “Rifts®”