Rifts Japan 2

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

anarchclown
Dungeon Crawler

Rifts Japan 2

Unread post by anarchclown »

Someone was doing Rifts Japan 2 or something. Or was that just a pipe dream of mine? Who was doing that and if anyone knows, is he/she active here on the forums?
gaby
Knight

Re: Rifts Japan 2

Unread post by gaby »

I also like to see it.

Japan 1 did not have any Npc,s,I hope whoever makes it,will have NPC,s from each of the powers in japan.
anarchclown
Dungeon Crawler

Among other things. I was also wondering if I will get a new update just handed to me by someone official or if I will have to update things myself.
anarchclown
Dungeon Crawler

Yeah. I know they are being kind of slow. Especially since they are also publishing a lot of stuff that I find less useful (meaning I will still probably buy it) and not enough Rifts World Books and Rifts Dimension Books not about Phase World.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

The Author who wrote Japan 1 and was supposed to write Japan 2 died. So the chance of Japan 2 coming out are pretty much 0.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Japan 2 is going to have a lot of information about magic weapons and their forging, as well as new magic weapons.

From the soul stuff topic in the Dimensions forum.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Why can't they find someone else to writer it?
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I know it would be a little cheesy but am I the the only one who would like to see a few races of truly gigantic monsters? I so love giant turtles with organic thrusters and all the other monsters that like to trash Tokyo every once in awhile. Rifts has everything else so why not something for this fan group.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

runebeo wrote:I know it would be a little cheesy but am I the the only one who would like to see a few races of truly gigantic monsters? I so love giant turtles with organic thrusters and all the other monsters that like to trash Tokyo every once in awhile. Rifts has everything else so why not something for this fan group.

They do. They're called Alien Intelligences.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Zerebus wrote:
runebeo wrote:I know it would be a little cheesy but am I the the only one who would like to see a few races of truly gigantic monsters? I so love giant turtles with organic thrusters and all the other monsters that like to trash Tokyo every once in awhile. Rifts has everything else so why not something for this fan group.

So you want cyborg animals from a Colossal level dimension to invade, eh?

Well I for first would love a pair of things:
Kajiu/Giant monster, because we have to justify those giant humanoid robots. Seriously this is true not just for japan.
Kankoran/kitsune and other D-bees: I still remain in the opinion that kankoran should be for japan what wolfen are for italy, and there should be some hiint of what d-bees are in Asia and in japan expecially
Monsters and Yokai of japan: For the chronicle jpanas mythology is enough elastic to allow any conversion for any palladium system(Nightbane expecially, they would fit perfectly the concept of bakemono).
Onmyoji: Shifter specialized in bonding with supernatural creatures. Inspiration of thousand of so anime and card games(gonna catch'em all!), and other Magic and/or psionic class specific of japan(there are not just Ninjas!!)
More TW ninja equpment!!
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

I wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Japan 2 is going to have a lot of information about magic weapons and their forging, as well as new magic weapons.

From the soul stuff topic in the Dimensions forum.

Zerebus wrote:
gaby wrote:Why can't they find someone else to writer it?

Good question. Seems to me they could just start from scratch.

Unless TGK is just bragging about someone else's work, I think they have a writer.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
anarchclown
Dungeon Crawler

So the galactus kid is the one that has written it?
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:The Author who wrote Japan 1 and was supposed to write Japan 2 died. So the chance of Japan 2 coming out are pretty much 0.

I'm pretty sure if Kevin Siembieda passed away, we would have heard about it. Likewise with Patrick Nowak and CJ Carella.

(I'm pretty sure you are thinking of the China books, both 1 & 2, written by Erick Wujcik)
anarchclown
Dungeon Crawler

Was thinking the same thing but didn't really care to comment.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

last i heard, Japan 2 was a The Galactus Kid production...
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I am working on japan 2 with my brother in law, Matthew Orr. Our first collaborative work was the official material in rifter 50. We are working on the sovietski, then japan 2, and then he is working on rifts India.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
anarchclown
Dungeon Crawler

Africa wasn't that power creepy really. Underseas on the other hand. *Shudders*
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

duck-foot wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I am working on japan 2 with my brother in law, Matthew Orr. Our first collaborative work was the official material in rifter 50. We are working on the sovietski, then japan 2, and then he is working on rifts India.

cool, i liked triax 2, i liked madhaven. you seem to shy away from power creep which is awesome (i could not stand africa or SA books), just dont fall into that trap........ :)

Because Africa had soooo much power creep. :nh: Africa barely had anything, except a ton of Fluff and four one hit wonders. How is the Fatboy GB not power creep? It is half way to the giant freaking turtle and definately over the ATL-7 one of the most toted power creep weapons which has since been surpassed a couple times.
Madhaven was interesting, I thought the flying GB was too rediculous but the freaking PA with the feathers that can fly was just plain stupid. Really? it can fly just because it has feathers, not even some hokey explination like a high frequency field vibrating the feathers at high speeds creates lift... nope just because they're feather they can fly. At least the SAMAS wings could be shaped to create lift.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
duck-foot wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I am working on japan 2 with my brother in law, Matthew Orr. Our first collaborative work was the official material in rifter 50. We are working on the sovietski, then japan 2, and then he is working on rifts India.

cool, i liked triax 2, i liked madhaven. you seem to shy away from power creep which is awesome (i could not stand africa or SA books), just dont fall into that trap........ :)

Because Africa had soooo much power creep. :nh: Africa barely had anything, except a ton of Fluff and four one hit wonders. How is the Fatboy GB not power creep? It is half way to the giant freaking turtle and definately over the ATL-7 one of the most toted power creep weapons which has since been surpassed a couple times.
Madhaven was interesting, I thought the flying GB was too rediculous but the freaking PA with the feathers that can fly was just plain stupid. Really? it can fly just because it has feathers, not even some hokey explination like a high frequency field vibrating the feathers at high speeds creates lift... nope just because they're feather they can fly. At least the SAMAS wings could be shaped to create lift.

I know that alot of people find the SA books to be full of power creep, but CWC, Japan,and Triax 2 are far worse in my opinion. Those 3 titles have way to much in them, I find dropping around half of the new equipment tones them down to a more reasonable level. Start first with the really big stuff and work your way down.
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:The Author who wrote Japan 1 and was supposed to write Japan 2 died. So the chance of Japan 2 coming out are pretty much 0.

Who are you talking about?

Pat Nowak?

I didn't think he was dead.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
anarchclown
Dungeon Crawler

Favourite fact from old Rifts Japan. I am assuming this was one of Kevins less stellar days when he came up with the statistics for augmentation within society. Apparently 7% of the population are Juicers even though this process is illegal.
Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Unread post by Seneca »

anarchclown wrote:Favourite fact from old Rifts Japan. I am assuming this was one of Kevins less stellar days when he came up with the statistics for augmentation within society. Apparently 7% of the population are Juicers even though this process is illegal.

Ah but they are a pre-rifts civilization which means this 7% can also be people using the JAEP system from WB:5 which should not be illegal.
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3
anarchclown
Dungeon Crawler

JAEP was just developed in NGR and have been in use for 10 years according to the old Triax book, so they are not using that. I just think KS wasn't thinking when he wrote that. Stuff like that happens.
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

how many people carry guns in cities even thou it is agaist the law....:)
Buck the System
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

I know I'm dreaming when I say this but I hope I get to see Chi somewhere in Japan 2...
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Colt47 wrote:I know I'm dreaming when I say this but I hope I get to see Chi somewhere in Japan 2...

i'm guessing you'll see the word chi, but it will be in a sentence that goes something like: "Chi is actually just regular PPE with absolutely zero different rules whatsoever involved."
Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

Shark_Force wrote:
Colt47 wrote:I know I'm dreaming when I say this but I hope I get to see Chi somewhere in Japan 2...

i'm guessing you'll see the word chi, but it will be in a sentence that goes something like: "Chi is actually just regular PPE with absolutely zero different rules whatsoever involved."

Yes, and it is a sentence I'm going to dread for the 3rd or 4th time in a row. :lol:

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

The Galactus Kid

As of now, there are no plans for Chi. Rifts has turned Chi into P.P.E. or I.S.P. depending on where you are (apparently) so there will be some discussion on reconciling the two, but pure Chi as it is in N&SS will not show up.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

If there is one power source conundrum in this game that makes me scratch my head, it's ISP / PPE. I have no idea why the game requires ISP to exist, as it works and behaves exactly like PPE (You have X amount of ISP and once you are at zero you can not use any powers) and it directly converts to PPE on a two to one basis. By simply rewriting all the powers that involve detecting magic and psionics to base the detection on the OCC (or if the character rolled up as a psychic) one could completely eliminate ISP with no Ill effect.

The primary reason I get annoyed every time I see Chi converted into the ISP/PPE system is that Chi doesn't work anything like PPE/ISP, and it actually simplifies and demystifies certain abilities. For example, the stone giants in spirit West use spirits of sickness as an attack that basically mimics negative chi attacks. However, because there is no chi stat in rifts, the author of the monster had to have the effects of negative chi infection built into the power. Likewise, if someone wanted to make another power on a different monster that utilized negative chi effects, they would have to similarly build in the same kind of effect into the ability description. It is just inefficient when there is a statistic written up by another author that can cover the effect under a global stat. The power source probably should be called Life Force instead of Chi, though.

The Galactus Kid

I'm not disagreeing with you. As a freelance writer, I have to stay consistant with the books previously published.

Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm not disagreeing with you. As a freelance writer, I have to stay consistant with the books previously published.

And I'm not blaming you for anything. Sometimes I just feel like I see some of the ghosts of the old Plane Scape deal from Dungeons and Dragons hitting this game.

The Galactus Kid

Ninjabunny wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I'm not disagreeing with you. As a freelance writer, I have to stay consistant with the books previously published.

You better get writting fast Aten or no brownies and the ninja will come for you :D

Sovietski first...Japan second.

The Galactus Kid

Ninjabunny wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:

You better get writting fast Aten or no brownies and the ninja will come for you :D

Sovietski first...Japan second.

Russia doesn't have ninja!

But they have Spetznaz. They actually gas an entire theater of their own people just to potentially kill one ninja that might be inside. They just don't give a ****.

Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

Well, yeah the dragon borgs were getting a bit on the odd side. I know they enjoyed Robo Cop and a few other things, but I somehow doubt that anyone would want to be turned into one of those Freakish looking things. I'd imagine their borgs might look a little bit more like the critters from Ergo Proxy or Ghost in the Shell. However, as actual attack robots I could easily see the robotic dragon deal working.

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Young Freud wrote:Imagine if the NGR book had robots built like Valkyries with folding metal wings, boobguns and monofilament braids. Or they had Glitter Boy built in the form of Prussian Junkers, with gold filagree epaulets, a vibro-saber, and a apple-cheeked and bearded facsimile of a human face (with a pre-cut Heidelberg dueling scar) like some sort of giant nutcracker.

Don't.:thwak:
Give. :thwak:
Them. :thwak:
Ideas. :thwak:
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Colt47 wrote:Well, yeah the dragon borgs were getting a bit on the odd side. I know they enjoyed Robo Cop and a few other things, but I somehow doubt that anyone would want to be turned into one of those Freakish looking things. I'd imagine their borgs might look a little bit more like the critters from Ergo Proxy or Ghost in the Shell. However, as actual attack robots I could easily see the robotic dragon deal working.

i dunno, the japanese do some pretty crazy stuff *today*.
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

I want to see more about "In the daily life of..." sort of information.
I also would like to see more artwork! More hot ladies kicking evil's rear end and looking so fine doing so!!! Sorry, but IMHO, I find the hottest women come from two different islands: The fiery redheads of Ireland, and the raven haired hotties of Japan!
I'd like to see a few major NPC's stated and put into good artwork!
A new varient of the Dragon-Borg would be nice!

Good Gaming, GaredBattlespike
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
The Galactus Kid

Ninjabunny wrote:honestly having Brandon work on the social aspects is a great Ideal that was my fav part of Traix 2

I just have to say that while we talked a lot about the social elements together, Taylor really did the lions share of the social elements. I mainly did the political and the military history and organization elements.

Colt47
Champion

Unread post by Colt47 »

Ninjabunny wrote:
Colt47 wrote:Well, yeah the dragon borgs were getting a bit on the odd side. I know they enjoyed Robo Cop and a few other things, but I somehow doubt that anyone would want to be turned into one of those Freakish looking things. I'd imagine their borgs might look a little bit more like the critters from Ergo Proxy or Ghost in the Shell. However, as actual attack robots I could easily see the robotic dragon deal working.

I can the dragon-borgs appearing easily on the world of rifts earth, I think cannon states they made them before the Republic shifted to rifts earth but I could see them designing them once reaching rifts earth as the dragon is a terrifying image.

Oh the problem isn't that someone might have invented the Chassis. :lol:

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well They could Add New D-Bees race,japanese form of Magic,A few Npc,s for Repbulic and New Empire,Update on Oni.
The Galactus Kid

Japanese Gods, magic, monsters, and demons. Thats the plan.

DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Japanese Gods, magic, monsters, and demons. Thats the plan.

expansion on the demon quellers from japan book would be good

more on the t-men of south korea

this japan 2 sounds like it's going to be the japan 2 mentioned in japan 1. if so that is a good thing IMO
Last edited by DBX on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

amodernheathen wrote:Magical girls! We need more magical girls!

*LOL did the anime fan*
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Japanese Gods huh ?
I kind of fear the arrivial of Son Goku (japan's Sun Wukong). specially mixed with anime. LOL.
Wonder if he will have the Monk of Internal Energy OCC too. LOL.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

TechnoGothic wrote:Japanese Gods huh ?
I kind of fear the arrivial of Son Goku (japan's Sun Wukong). specially mixed with anime. LOL.
Wonder if he will have the Monk of Internal Energy OCC too. LOL.

actually, thats more of a Chinese mythology/folklore

japanese mythology is beings like Ameterasu goddess of the sun, Tsukuyomi god of the moon, and Susanoo, lord of storms. then you have the more folkore stories of Kintaro the 'golden boy', and momotaro, kaguya the moon princess, and so on. you also have thinks like tanuki (shapechanging raccon-dogs), Kitsune (shapechanging fox's), and so on.

and thats the traditional dieties. with shinto and it's many kami (spirits), you have a very rich mythic cycle and folklore to draw on.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

will the tanuki be standard issue for lecherous bishamon monks with wind tunnels in their hand?
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Japan needs an aircraft that matches altitudes of other interceptors on Rifts Earth. Something that can fly up to 60k feet like current Triax aircraft. Or even a Dragon Borg that can do it (that would be neat). I dont see how a society that is effectively a pre-Rifts nation doesnt have superior aircraft.

You would think they could have built up their Navy by 110 PA as well. Perhaps not blue water (yet)...but at least something that can patrol the coast of China and perhaps try to bridge the gap between the two settings.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

anapuna wrote:

8)remember that south of the mainland is a giant american military installation. is it all gone? did it survive on it's own independant of japan and is pretty much all NEMA? does it know about the lord of the deep? is it in contact with any of the undersea facilities? are there tons of fighters, bombers and PA just siting there? is there another archie computer there? all it says is that horune pirates are under the seas in a test space station okinawa is not mentioned on the surface. are the horune on the surface too?

Great point on the American instillation. Lots to do with it. However, I do not think it would have a lick of NEMA equipment. NEMA was supposed to be disaster response for North America. Prolly has US Air Force and US Navy equipment, like New Navy stuff plus USA SAMAS from Spirit West.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Japanese Gods, magic, monsters, and demons. Thats the plan.

what No mech or robots that not japan ...........or is it????
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
The Galactus Kid

ZINO wrote:

what No mech or robots that not japan ...........or is it????

There may be a Japan 3 which expands the Republic of Japan, but as for now, thats not in my outline. All of that may change though.

Return to “Rifts®”