Non-crazy insane characters?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Non-crazy insane characters?

Unread post by Shark_Force »

oh, well if you just wanna be crazy, then go nuts :)

in all seriousness, ask your GM what he's comfortable with first (and to some extent the rest of your group), but otherwise, the crazy hero information simply comes right after the crazy OCC because that's where you'd expect it. in the old RMB, i'm almost 100% certain it said that any OCC could start crazy if you wanted, but with the crazy it was mandatory.
Galroth
Adventurer

Unread post by Galroth »

If i remember right Temporal Wizards and Warriors with extended periods of service start with insanities.
Kalidor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kalidor »

The insanity rules have always been available to anyone as an optional trait -- but for Crazies they are mandatory, that's all.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

paxmiles wrote:Just wondering if I can start a character off with an insanity if they are not of the crazy OCC? Can I choose from all the insanities, or just the non-crazy OCC ones?

Working on a bio-freak. It can't take the crazy implants (body will reject them), but I want a crazy hero anyway.

I had another thread that determined that taking the crazy OCC without the mom implants isn't okay. How else do I get insanities in rifts?
-Pax

That sounds like a crazy idea so you've subconsciously already done it!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

There's a second set of random insanities tables, just behind the skill descriptions in the RUE IIRC.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
dragonfett
Knight

I don't know of any table that goes that high, but one must exist seeing as how it is possible to get a character's strength that high. With that in mind, I would probably say that it would seem as the damage would be either 1d6x10 MD or 2d4x10 MD, with power punches doing 2x damage (2d6x10 or 4d4x10, respectively).
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i seem to recall hearing somewhere of a rule that told you how to increase damage beyond supernatural PS 60. i believe it was something along the lines of +X damage per 10 strength, but i can't recall what it was offhand.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

paxmiles wrote:Just wondering if I can start a character off with an insanity if they are not of the crazy OCC?

You can't start the Crazy OCC off insane anyway.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
dragonfett
Knight

Technically you could if the GM allows it, however I don't see why you would, seeing as how you are guaranteed to gain insanities as they level up anyway, so why (other than for purposes of background story) would you want to start such a character of with a handicap?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown

Return to “Rifts®”