Megaverse in Flames

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

Megaverse in Flames

Unread post by Michael Barakofsky »

Maybe I am just nit picking here I don't know but I just read the latest weekly update from Palladium and the entry for Megaverse in Flames still reads as "Early 2013 Release". Now as I understand it from what I have been reading the guys there at PB have done next to nothing to get this book ready, yet another book I have been waiting on for 2 years or more (at least it feels like its been 2 years for this particular book). :x :x :x

Ok rant over, need someone who reads this AND talks to Kevin and the other guys there at PB they are fast running out of "Early" for their planned "Early 2013 Release", and given their track record might should change it to Early 2015 release.
"If ya pardon me plain speaking gentlemen: Are yall STARK RAVING TOTALLY BLINKING DAFT!?!?!" - Captain Silver, Treasure Planet
John 3:16 says it all
DhAkael
Knight

Re: Megaverse in Flames

Unread post by DhAkael »

Michael Barakofsky wrote:Maybe I am just nit picking here I don't know but I just read the latest weekly update from Palladium and the entry for Megaverse in Flames still reads as "Early 2013 Release". Now as I understand it from what I have been reading the guys there at PB have done next to nothing to get this book ready, yet another book I have been waiting on for 2 years or more (at least it feels like its been 2 years for this particular book). :x :x :x

Ok rant over, need someone who reads this AND talks to Kevin and the other guys there at PB they are fast running out of "Early" for their planned "Early 2013 Release", and given their track record might should change it to Early 2015 release.

Word. :ok:
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

Michael Barakofsky wrote:Maybe I am just nit picking here I don't know but I just read the latest weekly update from Palladium and the entry for Megaverse in Flames still reads as "Early 2013 Release". Now as I understand it from what I have been reading the guys there at PB have done next to nothing to get this book ready, yet another book I have been waiting on for 2 years or more (at least it feels like its been 2 years for this particular book). :x :x :x

Its the price of loving Palladium Books products, only the Rifter is on time.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

The vampire book REALLY REALLY REALLY needs to get released this month. The robotech thing seems to be throwing a pretty sizable wrench into the writing processes at the moment. Given how that ties in with a couple other companies it is probably more time sensitive on due dates which I think is going to wind up playing even more havoc than normal to their publishing schedule this year.
Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Unread post by Athos »

Shadow Wyrm wrote:

Its the price of loving Palladium Books products, only the Rifter is on time.

[rant]
Which is why I will never buy or subscribe to the Rifter. If they can put it out on time, then they aren't as incompetent as they want us to believe. The problem is PB focuses on the wrong things, IMO. Why would I buy a "magazine" from them that just tells me when their books won't be out? 5 years ago, the Rifter says MiF will be out, that is 20 Rifters ago !!! Granted the Rifter is mostly just advertisements for PB products, but still, it has some writing. If they can spend their time writing that, then they could have spent their time finishing the books they promised.

Ok, so I like most of their books when they eventually get out and I do buy them directly from PB, in order to support the company, but I recommend boycotting the Rifter until they put their priority into Rifts' books. That is how I am voting with my money. I will buy the Rifts' books, but nothing else. If PB goes under, so be it.
[/rant]

Wow... I got up on the wrong side of the bed it seems, lol, but seriously, if everyone boycotts the Rifter, maybe they will realize that it isn't where they should be focusing their efforts.

It is a shame they have such talented writers, artists and KS... and yet have no business sense. It breaks my heart :(
Galroth
Adventurer

Unread post by Galroth »

Rolling Bear wrote:Man you people must lead pristine lives if when a book ships gets you all up in arms.

We wouldn't care if they wouldn't make a series of promises about delivery dates that they then have to break. Palladium is way to optimistic about it's ability to turn out product. As a company they should really learn to under promise and over deliver.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

@Athos - by and large Kevin and crew do not write anything for the Rifter. The vast majority of that material is written by people like you and me and sent in for the sole purpose of being put in the Rifter. It is also why the Rifter is largely "unofficial" material. Kevin may vet some of the material selected but it is then given over to Wayne to edit/clean up and layout for the printer. All of which goes rather quickly as nothing really is needed to be done to most of the material.

The Rifter isn;t a fair assessment of the production of a book for Palladium. Believe me. :)
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
wakiza
Wanderer

Unread post by wakiza »

Yea, loved it when I found out an Atlantean book was in the works, but I am assuming we are looking at a mid 2014 release for that one. Maybe that is even being way too optimistic!! :(
Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

I have to agree with jaymz where the Rifter is concerned. However I also agree with Athos that the PB crew needs to refocus their efforts. It seems to me that Kevin trys to micro manage every little detail within the company. Please someone correct me if I am wrong about that. I believe Kevin needs to restructure his company into departments with heads (even if the head of the PFRPG or Rifts or Robotech etc. department also is the entire staff of the department) let those heads handle the details and make weekly reports to him where he can give his 2 cents worth and kick it back to them. That would free up Kevin to spend more time on pet projects (meaning Kevin needs to stop seeing every book that comes down the pike as his pet project) and I believe would get books out faster.

Again correct me if I am wrong anywhere.
"If ya pardon me plain speaking gentlemen: Are yall STARK RAVING TOTALLY BLINKING DAFT!?!?!" - Captain Silver, Treasure Planet
Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

Rolling Bear wrote:Man you people must lead pristine lives if when a book ships gets you all up in arms.

1) I am not up in arms I was just commenting on the release time frame needing to be updated.
2) Waiting on PB to get books out has been a full time carreer for me since the late 90's. I am still waiting on Mechanoid Space which was advertised back in 1994 and has not seen print yet (most likely will never see print :-( )
3) True PB fans the world over probably all can list 1 thing on any work application...Professional Waiter (not in the restraunt field). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Rifts®”