affinity or mental endurance

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Galroth
Adventurer

Re: affinity or mental endurance

Unread post by Galroth »

Can you clarify this question. I think you left out a few key words.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

hmmm... i'm going to guess "is there anything that can improve mental affinity or mental endurance".

which, depending on what you're looking for, the answer is yes.

- there are super powers that can improve those stats.
- there is at least one spell that can improve mental affinity.
- there might be some skills, but i am not aware of any.
- i suspect you would find some martial arts options for ME, if you use the full selection from ninjas and superspies. there are also *definitely* some martial art options in the GMG, i think they come from rifts Japan originally.
- it's been a looooong time since i read rifts underseas, but i think sea inquisitors can get a bonus to ME, and in theory you could start from just about any OCC or RCC.

apart from that, i'm not sure... i remember hearing about special psychic training in psyscape, but i don't recall all of the effects. there might also be a drug or something similar that could help, but i can't think where. there might be a splugorth symbiote, but i don't have the right book with me to check. those are some of the places i would suggest looking though.

of course, it's also quite possible i'm answering entirely the wrong question ^^
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

very few skills actually alter ME or MA.

Some of the specialized Martial Arts skills (Rifts Japan or N&SS) do, as do certain OCCs, magic spells/artifacts and super powers. The only skill I know of that changes MA is the "Leadership" skill found in the 2E Robotech books. CS Psionic Training also provides bonuses to ME and MA (Psyscape)
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

There are some OCC's and probably some RCC's as well that boost. I also want to say that there was a Rifter article dealing with skills that raise IQ, ME, and MA.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

sigifred0 wrote:like or that can increase the affinity or mental endurance?

In rifter 19 in the 1st part of the "Go Mental" article there are skills that can raise the char's mental attributes. The 2nd part lists what bonuses are granted from canon skills. The 3rd part is new physical skills. The last part is about how to limit the bonuses gained through skills by a "skills junkie" player.

dragonfett wrote:There are some OCC's and probably some RCC's as well that boost. ...snip

Which Racial restricted Char Classes give a boost to their races' stats? (give an example please)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

of course, we don't even know if we're answering the right question. he still hasn't come back to give us any more information =S
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

sigifred0 wrote:is a shifter you want to raise your ma or me, originally the psy-tech rcc

shifters use MA to controll their summons

Psi-Tech's use ME to fuel their psionic powers.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
sigifred0 wrote:like or that can increase the affinity or mental endurance?

In rifter 19 in the 1st part of the "Go Mental" article there are skills that can raise the char's mental attributes. The 2nd part lists what bonuses are granted from canon skills. The 3rd part is new physical skills. The last part is about how to limit the bonuses gained through skills by a "skills junkie" player.

dragonfett wrote:There are some OCC's and probably some RCC's as well that boost. ...snip

Which Racial restricted Char Classes give a boost to their races' stats? (give an example please)

Dog Boys who are German Shepherds and Rottweilers/Dobermans, just from the RUE. I can't access my other books at the moment, so I will have to wait to do more researching.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Isn't Genetic engineering also an option? It might be more of a GM call for using Lone Star, or the Gene-Splicers (or Gene-Tech) to grant.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Any human could randomly have Lone Star Pg97-98 "Exceptionally Charismatic" (rolled 87-93 on the table) which boosts MA.

Then there's the two Extraordinary attributes from HU.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Native americans can pick a wide assortment of totems that grant bonuses to stats and may of them have boost to ME or MA and I think some do both as well as other attribute bonuses.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Funny how both ME and MA can be used to dominate summoned monsters depending on whether or not you're using the Summoner/Circle Mage OCC ability or the 'Summon Greater Familiar' spell.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Rifts®”