HU style "Legion of Doom"

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

HU style "Legion of Doom"

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Okay folks I got a challenge for HU fans out there. I'm in need of a HU version of the Legion of Doom, meaning I need 13
villain NPCs from any of the HU books (First edition, Villains Unlimited, G.M. Guide, Century Station, Gramercy Island (even
though those guys are in jail), TMNT books, or Armageddon Unlimited, who are banned together for the purpose to enact a plot
against the player characters, only to be met with defeat by the end of the story (just like the Hanna-Barbera cartoon).
Remember I wanted REAL NPCs from the HU universe. Yeah I know I've personally made a host of villains on the 2nd edition
conversion post for the last 6-7 years, but I'm not using any of those. This group has to have a leader of course. I also don't
want the leader of someone who is already in charge of a group on a full time duty. Hellbent is kind of busy leading the Masters
of Speed to moonlight running another group. However, if the leader is someone like Gemstone, even though she is apart of the
Dark Tribunal, I can still see her running a villain group on the side. Any help on creating this gallery of rogues would be well
appreciated HU fans.
rebis
Wanderer

Re: HU style "Legion of Doom"

Unread post by rebis »

If I were you I would look at the updated villains from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16344 since you wish to use already existing N.P.C., there is no reason not to use such a great source.
Check out my artwork at http://rebis.deviantart.com/

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. - Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others. -Hasidic Saying
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

rebis wrote:If I were you I would look at the updated villains from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16344 since you wish to use already existing N.P.C., there is no reason not to use such a great source.

He's created half of the NPC's in that thread :D
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Actually I'd say between 2/3 and 3/4.
rebis
Wanderer

Unread post by rebis »

Reagren Wright wrote:Yeah I know I've personally made a host of villains on the 2nd edition
conversion post for the last 6-7 years, but I'm not using any of those.

Haha, oops I didn't see that part! Haha
:D Sorry :D
Check out my artwork at http://rebis.deviantart.com/

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. - Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others. -Hasidic Saying
PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler
Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..

Unread post by PapaMambo »

Are you wanting characters with similar power-sets to the Legion of Doom? That would narrow things down. Off the top of my head though, I would go with the Masters of Speed, and the folks from Fabricators Inc. That would put you pretty close to the 13 right there. Throw in a heavy hitter or two from Gramercy and you'd be all set. If you're looking for individual NPC's to add, you can't beat the Usurper (as a proxy for Lex), The Dark Tribunal would be good stand-ins for a few of the characters as well. Slo-Mo as a proxy for Captain Cold etc..
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
Reagren Wright

I'm just wondering who do you (HU fans) think should belong on such a team? Of any of the NPCs found in the HU books. For example

The Usurper (VU)
Shock (G.M. Guide
Doctor Fear (G.m Guide)
The Shreader (TMNT)
Daddy Longlegs (CS)
Killer Whale (Justice Machine)
etc

I'm curious to see what kind of list of baddies people can come up with. Sort of gives me an idea
of whom to include in an adventure. Need 13 of them just like in the cartoon.
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mediapig71 »

How about Chiang Six (VU) for the leader?
Reagren Wright

I was thinking about using him just for that. So far no replies :( . Not even from NMI :-( .
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Reagren Wright wrote:I'm just wondering who do you (HU fans) think should belong on such a team? Of any of the NPCs found in the HU books. For example

The Usurper (VU)
Shock (G.M. Guide
Doctor Fear (G.m Guide)
The Shreader (TMNT)
Daddy Longlegs (CS)
Killer Whale (Justice Machine)
etc

I'm curious to see what kind of list of baddies people can come up with. Sort of gives me an idea
of whom to include in an adventure. Need 13 of them just like in the cartoon.

I know the other NPCs and books you listed, but I never heard of that highlighted one there.
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

I also vote for Glaciator... I always loved that guys pic in VU!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Killer Whale is a NPC from the short lived, somewhat of a classic HU sourcebook - "Justice Machine". It is a coveted book by some.
It was written with the 1st edition of HU in mind.

The cover - http://tinyurl.com/n2p3fjl
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Killer Whale was also always one of my favorite NPC's (I recently just got back my copy of Justice Machine.) But I felt he would need his power increased a bit to really be "Legion of Doom" style material.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Mediapig71 wrote:Killer Whale was also always one of my favorite NPC's (I recently just got back my copy of Justice Machine.) But I felt he would need his power increased a bit to really be "Legion of Doom" style material.

Considering how many characters were non-powered in the actual Legion of Doom (like Lex Luthor, Toyman, and Riddler) I would imagine Killer Whale would work fine. Much of what the Legion would do revolved around devious and diabolical plans put together by their collective skills and desires, they tended to avoid straight-up fights unless they had the edge or had to in order to acquire something necessary for their latest plot.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

NMI wrote:Killer Whale is a NPC from the short lived, somewhat of a classic HU sourcebook - "Justice Machine". It is a coveted book by some.

Well why not reprint that book instead of releasing a stupid hardcover for the 30th anniversary?
PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler
Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..

Unread post by PapaMambo »

The Beast wrote:
NMI wrote:Killer Whale is a NPC from the short lived, somewhat of a classic HU sourcebook - "Justice Machine". It is a coveted book by some.

Well why not reprint that book instead of releasing a stupid hardcover for the 30th anniversary?

I think it has something to do with the rights to Justice Machine. Palladium doesn't have them anymore. Just as Tmnt is no longer part of the lineup (it's now After the Bomb).
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Beast wrote:

Palladium no longer has the rights to it. The person Palladium "had" the rights from no longer has the rights to it either.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

I'm going to edit this post as I think of the whole roster I would want... But:
I would probably want
Shadow Master
Hellbent
Carnage (Ultimate Carnage? The one from tdtmnt)
Daddy longlegs
Edit 1: you know, I've always had a soft spot for Thunderhead, with the added bonus that it would really hack Modulus off.

Hmmm this is tough. But definitely something I'll think more about!
Last edited by acreRake on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I can see "Usurper" leading the team [it could always be an android version] while Danilek continues to lead his nation. Heck, I could see Danilek being the financier of such a team.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”