First Appearance of Brodkill

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: First Appearance of Brodkill

Unread post by Tor »

I believe they first showed up in Sourcebook 1 and then were reprinted in WB5(NGR)
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

It's true.
I was there.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Morik
Explorer

Unread post by Morik »

They really don't come to light until SB3 Mindwerks......

Notable Npc Brodkill are the Sheriff gang in Ixzotz on page 48 of WB1. Great encounter to play there.
Morik
Explorer

Unread post by Morik »

SB1 again page 110. That being said......later books actually help expand on these races and help make their psychological tapestry in accordance to RIFTS earth believable.

Simvan look better after more world books ....notably Lone Star.
Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Unread post by Bood Samel »

Simvan rule.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Bood Samel wrote:Simvan rule.

They did when they had +2 attacks as a racial ability. More recent printings, like in D-Bees of NA, they seem to have dropped that bonus. Still a cool race to play though. Its fun to pull up to a saloon and tie up your T-Rex to the post on the outside next to all the horses.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Unread post by Bood Samel »

Kagashi wrote:

They did when they had +2 attacks as a racial ability. More recent printings, like in D-Bees of NA, they seem to have dropped that bonus. Still a cool race to play though. Its fun to pull up to a saloon and tie up your T-Rex to the post on the outside next to all the horses.

Totally! They are just a cool and distinct type of barbarian and one of my favorites being uniquely rifts. Same thing with Brodkil. While I never played a Brodkil I certainly would.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Kagashi wrote:

see, the part where you went wrong is where you admitted there used to be horses tied up next to your t-rex.

the correct thing to say is that you tied up your t-rex next to those bloodstains and shreds of horsemeat that were already there before you showed up in town ;) :P
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Unless they were robot horses or Phantom Mounts. Or ones made with Magic Tattoos or Naza Line Magic.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
everloss
Explorer

Unread post by everloss »

Sourcebook 1. Then reprinted in various books 4 or 5 times, with one of those times having a little additional info. Probably Mindwerks.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Best Brodkil write up is in Rifts Sourcebook 1: Revised where MDC isnt a static 250 for every Brodkil, and they have updated stats, to include updated attacks per melee that advance per level, more inline with RUE. This makes Brodkil easier to play as a player character.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

Sourcebook 1 really has so many of the iconic RIFTS things in it for the first time. The Slaver and Barge with Warrior Women, the Brodkil, Simvan, Witchling, Neuron Beast, Skelebots, ect. It was an amazing book when it came out.

That being said, it was in a lot of ways brutally confusing even when it first came out in regards to those monsters, their stats and how they worked, and since then in the many (and sometimes MANY) places those creatures have been re-printed they have been changed or expanded to make a lot more sense.

Return to “Rifts®”