Age of Rifts Players

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What is your age?

1-12 Waaaaaaaaa!
0%
13-17 Why is my voice changing?
1%
18-21 Role playing sucks, I wonder what her name is...
11%
22-27 My ex sucks, whats this? Rifts?
27%
28-32 Hun, can you watch the kids? I wanna role play!
32%
33-40 When I retire, Im opening a comic book store!
22%
41+ Man, im getting old, my bones hurt when I roll dice.
6%

Total votes: 207

Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

The cover of Gamma World is still one of my all time favourite images in an RPG book. Those guys in bubble suits walking up to the wasted city... just awesome. I never played the game though but I know it's been a Rifts inspiration for some of my friends who did play it.
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

I'm 37, married almost 16 years (this April will make it 16 years) and started gaming when I was about 8 in '79. I found PF and started Palladium with that in '88. Bought Rifts in '90 and have been GMing Palladium since. Over 130 books and counting :P
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

I'm currently 26 and am recently single after dateing the ICE QUEEN for three months.

The first Palladium book I purchased was a copy of The Compendium of Contemporary weapons right when it came out and soon afterwards I was useing my paperroute money to buy a Palladium book a month(I was only makeing $25 a month back then).

Currently I either own or have access to a copy of just about everything Palladium has printed in the past decade.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Unread post by bigbobsr6000 »

As an official Senior Citizen I must protest there isn't a choice for us. I am as old as my gums and younger than my teeth. Translation: .05575 Century old. :D

And "GET OUT OF MY YARD! :badbad: Dang young whipper-snappers."

Have all Palladium Books ever printed except a 5 or 6 orginal Robotech books and am working on those. Started gaming in early 1970's, been going ever since.
Mephisto: You have some morbid fantasies. I like it (okay)
pblackcrow:"If anyone deserves this it's you! (thwak) LOL...All in fun."
Natasha: Bob you're deadly. I like it.
Misfit KotLD: You're Gamer Bi-Polar.
Sanford: Excellent concept, Big Bob!
sasha: I think Bob gets the JUST A GAME award....for life.
Jerell: You sir, are ruthless, and that is why I like you.
GreenGhost
Adventurer

bigbobsr6000 wrote:As an official Senior Citizen I must protest there isn't a choice for us. I am as old as my gums and younger than my teeth. Translation: .05575 Century old. :D

And "GET OUT OF MY YARD! :badbad: Dang young whipper-snappers."

Have all Palladium Books ever printed except a 5 or 6 orginal Robotech books and am working on those. Started gaming in early 1970's, been going ever since.

Some peoples' kids, huh BigBob? :nh:
LOL!
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

You don't have to be old to hate kids.
I guess it just makes it OK tho :P
bigbobsr6000
Hero

2 sons and three grandkids. My sons are older than most posters here. :D
Lucas
Adventurer

Unread post by Lucas »

23 almost 24 was given the RMB first printing the speciel black and silver hard cover, the conversion book, source book one, and the rift mechanoid book when i was 12 i think. first RP game was when i was 7-8 range and that was D&D
Buck the System
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Wow, I cant believe this thread is still alive... and that RUE has been out for so long.... and we still don't have errata... and that its taken me 8 years to reach 1600 posts...
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Kagashi wrote:Wow, I cant believe this thread is still alive... and that RUE has been out for so long.... and we still don't have errata... and that its taken me 8 years to reach 1600 posts...

It's okay Hiro. It's taking my a year and a half to be at 540 posts :P

Actually make that 541 after this post :lol:
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

Is it just me, or was this thread concieved when Rifts first came out?
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

39.5. Will be 40 in August.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

I am 40 now... and the first Pally book i ever got was PFRPG 1st ed (1st printing) way back when.....
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Well I'm 33 now as for my first book it was Rifts Conversion 1.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
tundro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tundro »

I'm 34. First rp I ever played was TMNT in the late 80's. Shortly after that we started playing a mixture of HU and N&SS. Then life happened and my gaming group went bye bye. Fast forward to 2007. I hadn't rolled any dice in somewhere around 12-13 years. I started thinking about Palladium again, and found the website. Saw that the COT had happened, and bought a copy of RUE (I had never seen a Rifts book before...I had heard about it being released in the early 90's, but we never got one). Since then I have filled 3 dresser drawers with Rifts and ATB books (even went online and rebought all the TMNT books.) My wife has gone so far as to roll up an elven vagabond (her choice), but being that I have NO gaming group, I STILL have not ever played or run a Rifts game. Good thing the books are a good read. ;)
bigbobsr6000
Hero

Legal Disclaimer: "I condone the use of illegal drugs and I do not advocate the use of illegal drugs." - Big Bob.

I know I am really old when I tell about the good ole days of college. I observed others doing this and I cannot deny nor confirm that I in any way took part in what I am about to relate. 8)

Using one's draft card to seperate the seeds and stems from one's "weed" on a record album.

Younger generation asks:
1. What's a draft card?
2. What's a record album?
3. What are seeds and stems doing in your "weed"?

Does this make anyone else feel old?

Like man, I'm feelin' the chillin' in my bones, daddio. 8)

All this is a humorous tell. Should you or anyone else decide to tell this story, I will disavow any involment should this story be caught, killed or captured. This post will self destruct in....???
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Dracurian wrote:33.
Roleplaying since mid-to-late 1980.

The reason why no younger gamers (with notable exceptions) seem to be appearing is because RP requires thought. In a society that tells everyone not to think just do as you are told, besides it's someone elses fault & responsability; thinking & imagination are crusty outmoded concepts.

......End of Rant....

8-)

Down with Evercrack and WoW and their instant gratification. They give TRUE roleplaying a bad name...
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Kagashi wrote:
Dracurian wrote:33.
Roleplaying since mid-to-late 1980.

The reason why no younger gamers (with notable exceptions) seem to be appearing is because RP requires thought. In a society that tells everyone not to think just do as you are told, besides it's someone elses fault & responsability; thinking & imagination are crusty outmoded concepts.

......End of Rant....

8-)

Down with Evercrack and WoW and their instant gratification. They give TRUE roleplaying a bad name...

Maybe so, but myself spend a couple of years squandering my time on Everquest. And though at times I wish I could have that time back, at the same time I did really enjoy that game. I enjoyed it too much in fact. That's why I'm reluctant to give WoW a try. I know I'll get sucked in and lose another year or two of my life.

On the plus side, if not for Everquest, I would have never gone back to school. After yet another night spend 8 hours hunting for bone-chips to raise funds, (I honestly don't know how many nights I squandered doing that; it's so many), I came the sudden epiphany that I could be being paid real money for that much of an investment of time at a real job. Within a month I was back in a classroom taking Accounting 101. If I started playing WoW, City of Heores, the upcoming Conan, or any of those MMOs, I fear I could undo all that progress I've made to date.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
GreenGhost
Adventurer

bigbobsr6000 wrote:Legal Disclaimer: "I condone the use of illegal drugs and I do not advocate the use of illegal drugs." - Big Bob.

I know I am really old when I tell about the good ole days of college. I observed others doing this and I cannot deny nor confirm that I in any way took part in what I am about to relate. 8)

Using one's draft card to seperate the seeds and stems from one's "weed" on a record album.

Younger generation asks:
1. What's a draft card?
2. What's a record album?
3. What are seeds and stems doing in your "weed"?

Does this make anyone else feel old?

Like man, I'm feelin' the chillin' in my bones, daddio. 8)

All this is a humorous tell. Should you or anyone else decide to tell this story, I will disavow any involment should this story be caught, killed or captured. This post will self destruct in....???

:nh: Not cool man. Some of us just feel old still having our albums. I have about 7 Kiss albums from the 70's. At least I was a young rocker then :lol:
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Rifts main book 98'

Return to “Rifts®”