TSAW_Inspired_Light-hearted_InCharacter RP

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Is this working?

Yes
13%
No
20%
Rubber chicken lay rubber eggs don't they?
67%

Total votes: 30

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

:::Colonel Anderson reaches over and grabs his coffee mug and then unsteadily stands up.::: "The only bright light I was seeing was from the ceiling. The only voices I heard was you all. I'm not sure about the out of body experience. That strange stuff which got mixed with my columbian coffee sure was not coffee. And it could have caused anything. I'm planning on going to see my doctor later this afternoon to find out if this mixture hurt my recovery."
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Oh heck...
Since I seem to be the appointed agent provocateur, I offer you the following options to spin off or ignore:

a) Toxic Waste Spill Ignition---Bolgers' reacts like benzene, only more explosively
b) Incoming! ---Somebody in the shop has enemies...You may or may not notice the growing smoke trail behind the mini-missile approaching the front window...
c) Mini-Rift:---Something ELSE pops out of Anderson's bottomless coffee-cup.
d) Attempted Robbery---Who's dumb enough to try to hold up a shop frequented by military personnel? Dumb or angry enough?
e) Crash-Time! ---It's certainly a day for automotive accidents around here, or is that a Horizont shuttle I see roof-skimming on a crash course outside?
f) Planetary Disaster---Freak weather, flying space/sky junk, bad special effects...Your castastrophe insurance paid up?
g) Personal Crisis---Somebody's worst nightmare just walked in....Happenstance or enemy action?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson looks around and then looks into his coffee mug.::: "Looks like I'll be pouring this out and starting over with fresh coffee. I'm doing that from now on."
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote::::Colonel Anderson looks around and then looks into his coffee mug.::: "Looks like I'll be pouring this out and starting over with fresh coffee. I'm doing that from now on."

Is this a lead-in to the mini-Rift option? :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson looks at his mug and makes a sad face.::: "Luckily I have one of those giant coffee makers at home that I should be able to fill the mug up at least once during the day." :::He missses what is going on behind him.:::

HH....FIE
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

Seren looks over at Vlad, then at the lumpy-coffee antrhoform. "Er... whatever it is, we should probably call a hazmat waste disposal unit as part of handling it. I'm certainly not going to touch it..." She peers at it. "Though it should probably be dealt with enough to not be standing, by then. As for how..." She hmms, walking for the counter. "Wonder if creamer will dilute it."
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
taalismn
Priest

Ares, Leo, and Skor are already in motion, having flipped down the table to use as a moving shield, while Skor is hastily finishing assembling the weapon he was previously working on....

Slowly, with an almost terrible majesty, the coffee-colored anthroform rises in stature from the pool on the floor, its apparent mass at odds with the volume of liquid actually spilled....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Looks behind himself. His eyes get huge!::: "What the frell is that? Just a second let's see what this does?" :::Colonel Anderson pours more coffee over the form that is rising.::: "Maybe that will help and dilute it more!"

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Two massive lambant eyes open up in the soggy mass as the coffee pours over its still-growing form....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Dracurian wrote:"Perhaps some decaf will stop it doing what ever it is doing or perhaps going to do?"
::Vlad options moving slowly toward a plate of salad::

8-)

(The salad slowly moves back)

No...actually, one of the rivulets of liquid begins its own transformation...into an outstretched tentacle or limb of some sort...

8-)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson continues watching the moving lifeform in the cafe.::: "Maybe we should try greeting it without hostility." :::He spreads his hands open showing no weapon after setting down his coffee mug.::: "We mean you no harm."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

The blopster opens its emerging arms/tentacles wide, seeming to mimic Anderson's gesture...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

"Greetings! We mean you no harm!"

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

It proceeds to open up what seems to be a growing cavity in its midsection....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

Seren watches the opening maw in the midsection and frowns. "Hmm... Opening its mouth..." She offers it a smile, trying to step in from the side, to distract it from the Colonel, and trying to speak to it as well. "Calm yourself... Just tell me what's wrong, or what you need..." She tries the same phrase in English, Opteran, and even over the hivelink, in hopes that it'll hear it some way and somehow that it can understand.
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
taalismn
Priest

THe bloboid slowly looks at Sren...back at Anderson...back at Seren...back at Anderson...takes a LOOONNNGGG look at Seren, 'til one gets the impression it's either ogling her or wrestling with a powerful cliche...looks at Anderson...
Apparently comes to a decision...
..Proceeds to grab Anderson(who's closer) and trys stuffing him into its gaping mouth-openning...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson resists the creature pulling on his arm. He tries a martial arts manuever to get his arm released from the strange being without doing to much damage to either himself or the being. (In case it's trying to be non hostile.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Unfortunately, most martial arts maneuvers are based on the assumption your opponent has vulnerable joints and/or articulated bones....This thing has neither, so unless you've been octopus-wrestling as an OCC selection, you're going to have to try something else...
Good news, being rather slick, it hasn't a whole lot of purchase on Anderson either...
But it is growing in mass...And it seems to be developing a crusty armor of coffee grounds...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson gives his arm a massive pull hoping to pull it from this amorphous blob. His hand almost comes free of the blob. He reaches out with his other hand to grab his mug of coffee. He continues pulling away from the creature.::: "Almost free!"

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Sensing its prey is about to escape, the caffbeast rears up like a brown rendition of 'Tsunami Off Mount Fuji' or some demented Water Elemental', looming up over the cafe patrons with 'Perfect Storm' menace...

Leo:(watching from behind the overturned table) "I don't think paper towels are going to stop that spill..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson pulls his arm completely free of the caffbeast. The small strings of semi liquid still connecting Colonel Anderson's arm and the caffbeast.::: "Well I seam to have freed myself." :::He starts to step back and smiles.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

The ersatz-coffee beast smiles back...it's NOT a nice smile...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson back away somewhat.::: "I think we need something to contain this thing at least temporarily." :::He looks at his coffee mug and smiles.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aries: "I dunno...maybe a shopvac? Those things are supposed to be able to pick up spills too...at least the good ones..."
Leo: "Dude! Where's the nearest one...that thing's right where it can cut us off if we try for the door or the kitchen!"

(Meanwhile, the creatures has just wolfed down a knapkin dispenser and a chair....)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Re: TSAW_Inspired_Light-hearted_InCharacter RP

"Hmmm. I've never seen an amphorous blob eat solids like that before. That is not good! Hurry with that shop vac!" :::He steps back another foot from the creature.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Leo makes a sprint for the backroom..the blob sees this and reacts...pne of its rivulets becomes a full-grown tendril and smaks him back against the wall...His two brothers grab him and retreat back behind the cover of teh table...
"Egad, what is that thing?!" He groans as he gets back to his feet...

(Meanwhile, in another universe...three teens are looking at a smoking hole in the floor of a residence..
"It ate through the bottom of a stainless steel pot, linoleum, wood flooring, and the concrete...oh my, should we be worried about it hitting the water table, like that 'China Syndrome'?" the taller one frets, wringing her hands in her apron..
"Who'd have thought miso soup could do that? Yep...sis really outdid herself this time...Hazmat's going to have a field day removing THIS mess..." the short-haired brunette swore.
"I don't think so...that looks like it ate its way into the fabric of space/time...if we're lucky, it's somebody else's problem by now..." observes the last teen, a pigtailed youth currently holding an icepack to a large swelling on his head...(suddenly notices the looks being given him)...WHAT?!"
"Did that concussion actually force some blood into your brain?"
"Harhar-hardy-har....")
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson steps back slowly to where the rest of the crew are standing.::: "I wonder what alcohol would do too it? I'm going to try and get some on too it." :::He pulls out his flask and opens it up. He pours some of the contents into a small styrafoam cup. He then gently tosses the cup towards the caffbeast.::: "Let's see what that does to it."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

THe 'coffee fortifier' splashes on the entity and is either absorbed by it or drips off...Aside from curiously smelling like saki(despite what was splashed on it), the alcohol treatment seems to have little to no effect...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

"Well so much for the alcohol! I wish I hadn't wasted it!" :He looks at the other people in the cafe.::: "Well folks any suggestions? I don't have any weapons on me other than my coffee mug, and I'd rather not throw it!"

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

The thing seems to be firming up, gathering whatever passes for musculature, and now looms halfway to the ceiling...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

"Maybe we'll be able to take it down if it becomes fully solid!" :He moves back with the others while watching the caffee creature.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

"Fine...You got any MORE ideas? We've established it likes you, at least..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

"Not at this time. I'm hoping to learn more about it as it moves around. So I'm watching it and hopefully learning how to counter it when it makes it's move. What about you all?"

OOC::: Where is everyone? I'm hoping some of the others will join us!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

While everybody is waiting around to see what to do next...the beast procceeds to start tearing pictures off the walls and eating them...

"Here's your or---EEEKKK!!!"

...grabs the tray of high-calorie snack foods from the hands of the waitress who's just walked in from the kitchen, gulps it down, and then procceeds to go after the waitress...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Grab a pitcher on the counter and hurl it towards the creature! Then move to grab the waitress and get her to safety!:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Ah...but where is safety? :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson places the waitress behind him. That way he is between her and the caffee beast.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

The CaffeeBeast has finished devouring the tray and is taking on the unsettling appearance of a squid crossed with a humanoid...it also grows another set of eyes to eye the other people in the room...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

A group of NCO's wander past the establishment.

"Wrecked him? Damned near killed him!!!"

The laugh heartly and continue on their way.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
taalismn
Priest

Jefffar wrote:A group of NCO's wander past the establishment.

"Wrecked him? Damned near killed him!!!"

The laugh heartly and continue on their way.

"Damn! If they'd come in, we might have been able to escape while it ate them...."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

"I couldn't let it eat them. The military runs more efficiently with them. I think we'll have to find a way to beat this creature." :::Watches as the creature continues to evolve.::: "It's get getting more dangerous lookking with each passing minute. I wonder if we could get some oil and coat it. Then set off the oil." :::He looks into the kitchen and then to the waitress.::: "Do you know if you have a flamable oil back there?"

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

*DING*
"Alright, what a&&*hole parked their Cyclone in my spot out front!? And whose ugly-arse hoverjeep is parked over the curb?! I'll report them!!! And why's there somebody sitting in MY--"
*SSSCCHHHHLLLLAAAAAARRRRRRPPPPPPPP*

Skor: "I dunno whether to feel horrified that a life has been so abruptly ended or relieved that it couldn't have happened to a more deserving fellow."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::With a horrified look on his face.::: "It looks like it has a taste for meat. I think that is really bad. And us without our primary weapons." He pats a pocket. And pulls out a swiss army knife.::: "Looks like we're not totally unarmed."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

*Phlut*
It spits out a boot...

"Hope you got a sonic screwdriver, or better yet, a sonic bazooka, in that pocket blade..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::Colonel Anderson's eye get a little larger when the boot gets spit out.::: "Um, no. It's only a swiss army knife. My friend the Professor has the sonic screwdriver. :::Thinking again his hand goes to another pocket. He pulls out a small container.::: "I wonder if this might do the trick?"

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

"Does it go boom, burn, dissolve, or poof?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

"It's something that Professor friend of mine gave me a few years ago. He said that if you every run into a creature that is amphorphis in it's appearance you should use this. Never told me what it was. But he was totally trustworthy. Told me to push this button after pointing it at the creature." :::Pushes the button after pointing it at the creature.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

The creature suddenly lurches towards one of the other people in the room...Dammit, it's a growing blobster and that last apesicle just whetted its appetite for more! Maybe the curvy one? Before it starts on the rest of them, like the little monkey?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

:::After the creature lurches forward and worbling sound is heard in the cafe. A small both big enough to be mistaken for a photo both appears out of thin air. The door opens and a man cautiously steps out of the box. He takes in the scenery of the cafe in a glance. He looks over at the cafebeast, he smiles and pulls a box out of his pocket. He tosses it over at the creature. As the box gets closer to the creature it expands until it engulfs the creature. Once the creature has been contained within it shrinks back to it's starting size. The man walks over to it and picks it up. He looks over at the people standing in the cafe starring at what has happened.::: "Hi Richard! Sorry I couldn't make it here until now. I got your message that you were in need of some assistance. Did anyone get hurt by this creature?" :::Colonel Anderson frowns and says.::: "Thank you for the rescue Professor. Unfortunately some poor soul was devoured by that creature." :::The man idetified as the professor gets a sadden look on his face.::: "I'm sorry Richard, please offer my condolences to his family. The creature looks like one similiar to one you and I enountered on Ontomon 3. I'll have to take it back there and release it on it's home planet. That will be my next stop. I think I'm ready for a cup of tea. Does this cafe serve tea?" :::Colonel Anderson looks over at the waitress and says,::: "Yes, I believe they do." :::The professor looks at the waitress and says,::: "Mame, might I bother you for a spot of tea?" :::Once the waitress shakes off her shock she goes and fixes some tea for the man identified as the professor.:::

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

...meanwhile, in a shadowed corner of the room..inside a mouse hole...a fragment of a malign semi-liquid intelligence watches as its parent-self is dealt with...Quietly devouring the previous tenant of the hole, it does not draw attention to itself...but with its emerging predator intelligence, it watches and memorizes the ones who did away with its progenitor....THere will be revenge against them, it decides, but not now, not while it is still small and weak...It finishes off the late luckless rodent, then oozes away into the darkness....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”