UEEF Marine Corps Sourcebook

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Arnie100
Knight

Re: UEEF Marine Corps Sourcebook

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Imagine having to clean the toilets after some joker puts in a giant-sized cherry bomb!! :lol:
They can't see me...Right!?
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Imagine how much a plumber could charge to fix those problems. :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

thats wrong the poor janitors, may very well need to be sent out after that.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Cherry Bomb?
Excuse me, but Zentraedi plumbing maintenance MEANS high explosives!
Hair clog in the drain? Depth charge it.
Gung plug in the main? Depth charge it.
Gas bubbles in the pipes? Depth charge it.
Micronians in the works? Depth charge 'em.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

taalismn wrote:Micronians in the works? Depth charge 'em.

Funny that has been done in my PBP game.

The three Zentraedi player characters were trying to recapture the six micronian player characters. A few micronians were swimming in the ‘grey waste water’ reservoir. A few others were on catwalks. While one of the zents firing his energy rifle into the water, another was chucking grenades left and right, and then when he ran out performed a cannon ball into the water reservoir. The third Zentraedi was micronized and masquerading as a micronian and was almost killed by the two macronized Zentraedi's actions.

In the end two micronians were killed by Zentraedi sized grenades, another drowned, and one was captured then placed in stasis to prevent further escape. The last two micronians swam out of there like half drowned dogs.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Aramanthus
Monk

I suppose that plumbers that the Zentraedi would get would have to be human. And they'd have to have access to some seriously good quality or better diving gear to make sure they could get to the Zentraedi plumbing problems. :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

jedi078 wrote:
taalismn wrote:Micronians in the works? Depth charge 'em.

Funny that has been done in my PBP game.

The three Zentraedi player characters were trying to recapture the six micronian player characters. A few micronians were swimming in the ‘grey waste water’ reservoir. A few others were on catwalks. While one of the zents firing his energy rifle into the water, another was chucking grenades left and right, and then when he ran out performed a cannon ball into the water reservoir. The third Zentraedi was micronized and masquerading as a micronian and was almost killed by the two macronized Zentraedi's actions.

In the end two micronians were killed by Zentraedi sized grenades, another drowned, and one was captured then placed in stasis to prevent further escape. The last two micronians swam out of there like half drowned dogs.

Ouch...and how much damage was done to the water system?
"Ah, Brak? The guys down in Hangar Level Eighteen want to have a word with you about a big LEAK in the ceiling?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

taalismn wrote:Ouch...and how much damage was done to the water system?

A quarter of the ships toilets backed up (it was Zent. Landing ship), and in typical 1980’s cartoon bad guy fashion, while the Zentraedi PC’s were responsible for all of the damage, they blamed it all on the Micronian PC’s. The Zent's PC's (all officers) were then ordered to clean up all the backed up toliets.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Aramanthus
Monk

And after the blast several deck are flooded from toilets backing up into them. :D Ewww. Now that is a job for a superior janitor without a sense of smell.

HH....FIE
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

Aramanthus wrote:And after the blast several deck are flooded from toilets backing up into them. :D Ewww. Now that is a job for a superior janitor without a sense of smell.

Or a guy with a very twisted fetish.....
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Aramanthus wrote:And after the blast several deck are flooded from toilets backing up into them. :D Ewww. Now that is a job for a superior janitor without a sense of smell.

Breetai: Khyron, you failed me to many times. I have a very special job for you...
Khyron: Dammit, if I get my hands on that joker...(mop, mop, wipe, mop, mop)
They can't see me...Right!?
jedi078
Champion

Unread post by jedi078 »

Arnie100 wrote:

Breetai: Khyron, you failed me to many times. I have a very special job for you...

The characters immediate superior was executed because they trashed the recycling system.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Arnie100 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aramanthus
Monk

LOL Now that is the perfect job for Khyron! Too bad we couldn't get Edwards to help him. :D

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:LOL Now that is the perfect job for Khyron! Too bad we couldn't get Edwards to help him. :D

Edwards IS the mophead...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
RiverJack
Explorer

Unread post by RiverJack »

Cool I dont mind the Marine Corps I hope some how they well put the R.E.F Raidar X mk XI back in with its bros. Also I wish that Navy pilots used Destroids I can see special Navy divisions using Destorids for underWater missions heck maby Mecha sized Navy S.E.A.L. type missions that require the best of the best of Destroid pilots.

Makes me wish that an all Navy sourcebook was comming out! =]
Chris0013
Hero

We need some sort of ammo carrier for cyclone riders...lets face it...the cargo boxes drop off and you can't exactly keep having to run back to them to get more ammo....some sort of box that will mount to some point on the armor and is accessible while in armor mode....

The -038 could have carriers on the arm shields that would hold 2 reloads for the RL-6 each.....you pop out the RL-6 mag and can pop one of these in for a full 6 round reload.....2 of the reloads per arm for a total of 24 missiles on top of the 6 in the weapon to start.....could work for the EP-37 as well.

Maybe mag carriers in the hip / upper leg armor for the EP-40 or H-90 rifle mags as well.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
jedi078
Champion

Unread post by jedi078 »

Chris0013 wrote:We need some sort of ammo carrier for cyclone riders...lets face it...the cargo boxes drop off and you can't exactly keep having to run back to them to get more ammo....some sort of box that will mount to some point on the armor and is accessible while in armor mode....

A simple GM’s ruling, (a combination of observation and common sense) can fix this design flaw, as well as others.

If you look at the positions of the cargo boxes they could very well stay on....the rear box is right behind the operator's head in battloid mode, while the side boxes just need to rotate forward during transformation so the open end is up and the operator can pull stuff out of them.

The front part of the operators thigh is the only place to stash ammo and a holster for a sidearm when wearing CVR-3 and wanting to use a cyclone. I have played with the idea that the lower legs of the heavier CVR-3 suit has a compartment for magazines.

Also for zero G ops the side car doesn't need to detach as there is no gravity.

As for the -038 there is nothing that says the opposite arm cannot carry a GR-97 launcher, same thing goes for the -052T. Nor is there anything saying cyclone forearm weapon systems are not interchangeable. Fact is the book even says Cyclones are maximized for versatility (page 91 hard back). Common sense would dictate forearm weapon systems BE interchangeable. This would not mean PC’s get what ever forearm weapon system they want. After all they are in the military and thus are issued equipment dependant on mission.
Chris0013
Hero

I fully support the idea of the interchangeable arm shields....that is actually one of the thing I want to see as far as art in the UEEF Marine and NG sourcebooks.....I would just like some Canonized extra ammo carrriers...as for having the GR-97 on the -038 you could put one on each arm for 4 additional missiles....however...with the ammo carriers I am talking about they could carry 24 additional missiles...they would not be ready to fire right away but with a quick mag change they would be able to continue the fight

by the hip / leg armor I am talking about the parts that cover the rear swingarm connecting the bike to the rear axle / wheel....when in armor mode they look like they could take at least on mag apiece that would come thru the top
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

jedi078 wrote:If you look at the positions of the cargo boxes they could very well stay on....the rear box is right behind the operator's head in battloid mode, while the side boxes just need to rotate forward during transformation so the open end is up and the operator can pull stuff out of them.

the cargo boxes are pretty bulky though, so having them remain on the unit in battlesuit mode would likely result in some mobility problems.

i'd rather see a "saddlebag" version, which are smaller pouch like containers in a \\\\ arrangement on a magclamp, so they open up and forwards in cycle mode and up and back in battlesuit. pouches big enough for things like grenades, or a small side arm, but small enough to not interfear with the trandformation of the battlesuit's mobility.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jedi078
Champion

Unread post by jedi078 »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
jedi078 wrote:If you look at the positions of the cargo boxes they could very well stay on....the rear box is right behind the operator's head in battloid mode, while the side boxes just need to rotate forward during transformation so the open end is up and the operator can pull stuff out of them.

the cargo boxes are pretty bulky though, so having them remain on the unit in battlesuit mode would likely result in some mobility problems.

If it was a normal person with a WWII era 'jump bag' yeah I'd agree, but we are talking about a person wearing power armor here. Their augmented strength should be more the enough to handle a pair of cargo/munitions boxes.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

With the exception of the sabers, I support the interchangeable for arm shield weapons. But I do not see the cargo boxes being a good idea on the hips of the battle armor. It would change the dynamics of the suit and would hinder a lot of the bonuses granted. In zero gravity it might be less as there is no resistance but bending and twisting maybe a bit harder with them on.
In gravity it would actually throw the wearer off especially when trying to dodge blast. So I think they were designed with logical thought with that in mind.
As for making extra ammo container for the arm shields are you really wanting to carry those explosives on your arm when shooting at your opponents. I think placing them in specialized attachments that sit in the place of the containers that way when they transform modes they are on the hips. Though I would think they would only hold a single mini-missile reload of six each.

Lt Gargoyle
Champion

jedi078 wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

If it was a normal person with a WWII era 'jump bag' yeah I'd agree, but we are talking about a person wearing power armor here. Their augmented strength should be more the enough to handle a pair of cargo/munitions boxes.

I agree with Glitterboy with this, power armor is not going to change the way the body works. The power armor suit still has some limits.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

and it's not strength thats the isue, it's bulk. go strap a medium sized carboard box to each of your thighs,and see how well your able to move around, how much range of motion remains. that's the functional equivilent of leaving the cyclone's storage boxes on in battlesuit mode.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jedi078
Champion

Unread post by jedi078 »

glitterboy2098 wrote:and it's not strength thats the isue, it's bulk. go strap a medium sized carboard box to each of your thighs,and see how well your able to move around, how much range of motion remains. that's the functional equivilent of leaving the cyclone's storage boxes on in battlesuit mode.

But in Power armor it isn't going to make a difference. Besides many an infantrymen have gone into combat with bulky gear.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

jedi078 wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:and it's not strength thats the isue, it's bulk. go strap a medium sized carboard box to each of your thighs,and see how well your able to move around, how much range of motion remains. that's the functional equivilent of leaving the cyclone's storage boxes on in battlesuit mode.

But in Power armor it isn't going to make a difference. Besides many an infantrymen have gone into combat with bulky gear.

But that gear slows them down and hinders thier range of motion, and they are not running around with large contaners that and sticking out past their legs by a minimum of 8 inches per side.

MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

Best thing I would say they could have on them are straps that can be easily grasped in battloid mode, so you could bring them with you when in Battloid, and not necessarily have a problem. I could even see carrying both in one hand, as long as you're not trying to dodge and fight (with a penalty if you do).
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

I would think there would be strapes on them myself for carrying myself. if not i do not see it being to hard to manufature them and putting them on.

Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Gryphon wrote: Lastly, I also had a sort of modified super bunker concept I did use. Each bunker stretched from the outer walls of a typical pair of bunkers under a Horizont, but was a single bunker. The Alpha launch bay was gone, and the neck was heavier with a second pair of attachment points for and aft. There were barracks types, command post types, medical types, Alpha/Destroid bay types, orbital defense types, basically, I had it set up that a single Ikazuchi could carry 16 modified heavy lift Horizont shuttles and their super bunkers, and drop a fairly powerful garrison force on a planet to function as a forward deterrent element or mop up element while the Ikazuchi carried on with its patrols. This idea came about because I could emplace a PC group on a newly discovered planet, give them decent backup, but deny them orbital fire support and effectively limitless reinforcements. Worked pretty well too. I actually had a player draw up the Horizont-HL and several of the bunkers, but I lost that data years ago.

I used to have conversions for the cargo Containers/bunkers myself. I also added weapon turrets to the Horizon-T in older games. I may still do so if the space ship book coming out does not have a variant in it that is hinted at in the hardback shadow chronicles. I use the Betas missile bay to act as drop ships and I think one of my current players is thinking of a way to modify it so they have more room for its occupants.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”